Register now to get rid of these ads!

Annual 2010 "what did you buy/save this year?" thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 15, 2010.

1. fauxsmobile

fauxsmobile

i got a weiand tri carb intake with 3 holley 94s and the hellings aircleaners for 150$

2. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

JJ...I have all the rest of the parts. The doors and decklid were laying inside the body. It also came with a pretty nice original frame.

3. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

This thread amazes me how many Hambers have purchased multiple Rods & projects. Kinda inspiring, that the economy is turning. Anyway heres my single purchase, parts alone have kept me at bay!!!!!

Attached Files:

4. I truly saved this one. I bought my '59 in August & saved it from the scrap guys I was bidding against.

[​IMG]

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I am in the process of trying to save this 1949 M-47 Mercury pickup. :)

[​IMG]

I have everything stripped off except the cab.
    I bought a couple of old Ford 48/49/50 F-1 trucks as " parts donors ".
    I now have very good rear fenders, a louvered ( 70 punched old school style ) hood and a XJ6 Jaguar IFS for the front. Have a 2001 Explorer rear end ( 31 spline POSI ) and 4 new WheelKid steelies. Got the steelies back from the powder coater today ( and NO ... they are NOT RED :D )

Have a late model 350 SBC and a 700R4. Scored a aluminum Camaro driveshaft for it also.

The plan is build just a old beater, shop truck type of ride.
    Something like this Ford

[​IMG]

6. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

I picked up this 32' 3 Window and 3 65-66 F Series trucks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. tcb-1

tcb-1

bought my '60 Caddy from another hamb member. all smilies here!

8. Do old vans count? I bought 1, maybe 2, cool, short wheel base ,mid year Dodges and a Ford Econo…

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  9. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Family cruiser.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Yelloblazer

Yelloblazer
    from Missouri

I saved another 1955 Hillman Husky. Looking for more of them

Attached Files:

11. Roadsir

Roadsir

Busy Year, I Started by selling the convert. I had it looking pretty good before it went down the road.
    [​IMG]

The same day I sold the F-100 to a good friend of mine.
    [​IMG]

And I sold this body.....
    [​IMG]

Then I bought a Nova, with really good intentions of keeping it, but it the end even I thought it was too nice to mess with.
    [​IMG]

Then I bought this as a basket case. Its starting to shape up, has fresh built flatty, 4 speed and nine inch. The quick lift was a craigslist bargain.
    [​IMG]

I also got a fresh built 392 Hemi and tons of extra hemi parts for my '34, and sold the BBC next to it.
    [​IMG]

Then this fall I traded the Nova toward this steel 32 Roadster
    [​IMG]

Now the garage is full again!

[​IMG]

12. MercMark

MercMark

My first year of bring involved with old cars / hot rods - bought a '52 Merc M1 truck, and a '55 Buick Century 4dr hardtop. Working on the Merc first, trying to decide what to do with the Buick when the time comes.

Attached Files:

13. Hmmm......a few I was not looking for but they found me, 55 210 2-door sedan, 67 Corvette A/C coupe, 37 2-door sedan. A bunch of gasser parts seemed to show up here too. Some early Olds rears, a set of SBC Hilborns , a 6x2 SBC setup, set of Radir wheels, 9 fin early Corv. valve covers, a few Metal/flake wheels, spare 327's, 57 283.......Special thanks to a great understanding wife, four great kids, some good Hambers, and especially the Man above! 2010 was a good year. Glad to see other Hambers exploring their dreams and moving some cars around. Prayers going out to those who are in need of good health and employment in the coming year!

14. sophisto79

sophisto79

This is really saving me. '27 Touring Hot Rod project picked up from Nitro-flattie1. Feels good to be back in the game.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

16. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

What a mixed bag this year has been for me! started out researching for rebuilding a different, traditionally-lowered '57 F100 for a spare, bone-stock frame for Donna, bought and rejuvinated a '68 F250 flatbed daily driver, got back into work on the wife's '75 Chrysler lowrider, got back to the '57 but for an airbag setup on its current frame, was given a late-model station wagon from one of my best friends, which was recently bagged (giving me more practical experience in driving and maintaining it, etc.). Right after Christmas I'll be back to the '57 and the '75, while steering a young one towards getting a '64 Galaxy project.

17. 51 mercules

51 mercules

My 33 Ford Pickup with title and lots of extra parts.

Attached Files:

18. scratchtown

scratchtown

here is mine 49 fl[​IMG]eetline

19. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Bought this 64 Fruck, and I am working under the hood to clean it up as my daily driver

Attached Files:

20. 52RAM108

52RAM108
    from 76564

the bad news is that I got victimized by some scrap metal bandits roaming the countryside back in March: they swiped (among other things) the frame, bed, cab+doors, gas tank, transmission, Dakota bucket seats and used tires from my '53 Dodge long bed from the secluded barn I had them stashed in. M-F'n bastards.... :mad:

the good news is that I rescued a '52 Dodge short bed parts truck and a complete '52 Dodge dually flatbed from going to the crusher...also, found some NOS electrical & body parts on eBay that were mis-categorized and picked up for a song, picked up a Plymouth flathead (found in a barn and listed on CL) four counties over before it went to the scrap heap, and found some flathead speed parts for a discount over on the Pilot-House forum...SWEET :cool:

21. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Chris you win - you seem to find a lot of great old cars up there and I think it's awesome!

I bought this '56 Dodge pickup this year, also swapped a newer travel trailer for a '34 glass Ford project which which i swapped for my HD Springer classic. Other than that a 1954 Lakewood Travel Trailer which is going to get used a bunch next season. Also a few old vintage dirt bikes and dual sports which is another hobby my boys and I are into.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I found my shoebox from hamb and bought it,from Florida.Actually i bought it at last december,but i received it at this years march.So i guess that will count.
    I wasnt even looking for any project car,saw this on the classifieds and it started haunting me.I know a freight company in Florida,sent few PM's to the seller,made few phonecalls to the freight company and transfered cash to the freight companys account.It was almost easier deal than buying car in here.:D

[​IMG]

23. 64gal

64gal

Bought this complete, running 31 sedan in July. Hope to be on the road by spring. Also bought the little house next door, which is draining money and time away from car projects.

Attached Files:

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I should have known. I stand alone once again with my quarterless coupe..... I guess even if they weren't laying in the back, it's not like you couldn't take model A doors and make them into '32 units with the ass load of talent you've been displaying. That should be interesting to see where you take that thing eventually.

25. :
    :p;):Dhehe..

26. scotts52

scotts52

68 satellite
    34 Plymouth 2 dr. sedan
    2-70 chevelles
    56 Olds 2 dr hdtp
    63 Willys Jeep Wagoneer
    30/31 model A fordor
    Part of a 30/31 5 window Model A
    56 BSA
    1948 Camp trailer
    53 Cadillac 4 dr

Got me a farm so I had to fill the barn and then some. :D

27. scotts52

scotts52

Almost forgot about the 23 T fiberglass body- old drag car
    and the early 20's model t touring. Gonna take alot to save the touring but its not like they're making any more of them. I got plenty of time to get around to them all someday. Then again, somedays I'm tempted to sell everything and buy a completed car and just drive.

28. gdub

gdub

Got this 51 panel. going to look at a couple of 48 F-1's next week.

Attached Files:

29. I can not match the buying and selling of a lot of folks here. I don't buy or sell very often. ...but I got one new project this year that I am really happy about:
    [​IMG]

For now and the next couple years, it is a complete and running 4 banger car with a lot nice of updates for a regular driver. ...12 volts, hydraulic brakes, alternator, down draft intake, Lion head, Tremec trans, new sheet metal fenders, more. But it is going to become a hot rod. ...and I have a good use for all the parts that will not be used on the coupe. ...getting my first car, a '29 cabriolet back on the road; a car I have had parked or in pieces since 1964!

It is going to be a few years before I get very far turning the coupe into a serious hot rod; but imagine a highboy coupe on a deuce chassis powered by the twin of this 392.
    [​IMG]
    ...cause that is where I am headed.

30. kingofthestreet

kingofthestreet

Two 28-29 Model A Coupes….I’ve started collecting parts for the build

Attached Files: