Register now to get rid of these ads!

Annual 2010 "what did you buy/save this year?" thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Bought this '32 5-window this year....haven't started saving it yet though. It's waiting patiently in my home garage.

Attached Files:

2. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Bought a '48 Flathead for my '29 Sedan. Been so busy with other shit, I can't think of anything else right now.

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I haven't been able to participate in one of these for 5 years, or something... This year I can! With the help of some good friends (and HAMBers) I got my '53 Poncho back! :D It needs absolutely EVERYTHING (Body and paint work, chrome out the wazoo, everything mechanical, interior, etc. etc.) :eek: It will be a great road trip car when it's done though! Hope to get started later in 2011, after the Model A is done.

Another HUGE thanks to Paul, Dan, and Norton for their help gettin' it home and Dave for selling it back to me. I think we saved it from rusting to pieces in the Long Beach Harbor...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Can't wait to see that one returned to it's glory days!

5. fbama73

fbama73

This is what I bought

[​IMG]

The "saving" process is uinderway.

A big thanks to my wife Lori and daughter Leigha for squirreling away a few dollars here and there for several months so that they could surprise me with an envelope full of cash and orders to "go buy a project car" with it.

[​IMG]

6. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

You started this just to show off Chris.....haha.

Only thing I "saved" this year from rot...or am attemting to save....isn't tin....

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I didn't save anything really. I got the '33 but it's not like it's better off with me then it is with the previous owner. I'm really hoping that 2011 is not going to bring me any cars to deter my focus. I'd like to just hold on to what I have right now and get my '35 running.

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Wow what a POS!:D:D:D Just kidding dude, looks like a really solid body and a great score. If you were to combine your shell with my doors and my garnish moldings we'd have a pretty nice start! Time share?

9. I usually buy at least a dozen cars to part out each year but since I ended up looking after my mom who was dying of cancer and then I had a heart attack I only had time for 4. 1974 460 powered AMX,1965 Plymouth Savoy with only 38,000 miles,1964 Chevelle 2 door sedan and finally a 1966 Chrysler 300 2 door hardtop with only 50,000 miles on it. The 383 is going into a 68 Coronet my buddy has.The Chevelle was a total waste of time it was in such bad shape but when it's free........

10. Screw the cars time well spent

On to 2011

11. Jimbo302

Jimbo302
    from Micronesia

I bought a 64 Mercury out of a field.
    [​IMG]

And I am still thinking about trying to talk the owner out of this...
    [​IMG]

12. RacerRick

RacerRick

I wasn't too busy this year:

Bought:
    1967 Camaro (from the original owner!)
    1957 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe
    1957 Plymouth Savoy
    1951 Chevy half ton

Sold:

1957 Pontiac Laurentian
    1957 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe
    1951 Chevy Half ton

And I am still working on the 55' Chevy, and starting on the 57' Plymouth. The Camaro is a nice driver with the four speed.

13. Phinney

Phinney

I saved a '59 Desoto Firedome from being a parts car, trying to get my little girls interested. We hope to have it done before they graduate!

Attached Files:

14. ClimisCD

ClimisCD

Just a 55 firedome and some tune up parts. Just about everything othe car can be refurbished. I'll be moving to Japan next year where the car is taxed by weight, so I may trade, Late 30's/early 40's pick up or sell.

15. Only bought 7 all year. 55 body shell, motor home that has a running 440 with hedders, 65 chev parts truck . Not Pictured very rough 65 chev htp . also off topic a 82 3/4chev wrecker 84 ford ranger and a 92 ford mustang. I sold 3. Two where station wagons a 59 ford and a 65 plymouth they became stars in the demolition derby:eek:. Also sold a 78 chev short bed PK . also bought another M farmall tractor . I have been telling the wife im reducing the inventory. But what I did was just rearrange and reposition where every thing was at.:D OLdWolf

Attached Files:

16. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

This is our best find ever!!..1930 Model a that has been stored for 33 yrs!!

Attached Files:

17. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Jeeze I'd have had a hard time giving that up...

18. SledDriver

SledDriver
    from California

I got this 1960 2-door Bel Air sedan. I plan to start on it after I finish my 1959 Impala 2-door hardtop. I have promised myself to learn how to weld on this car and do body work, as I am mechanically inclined but have no knowledge or experience in body massaging. This should prove to be an interesting project and provide me with enough work to learn how to do it. I intend for it to be a daily beater so it doesn't have to be perfect, but I'll try. I just can't imagine beating up and using the 1959 Impala daily. Wish me luck!!!

Attached Files:

19. I managed to capture a 30x40 garage this year and it had a 100 year old house to go with it. I guess I saved the house at least no one should be tearing it down in the very near future.

I don't have anything nearly as neat as what has been posted but if I can get it together in the next 15 days I will be able to say that I saved a '38 ford 2 door. It wasn't on its way to the crusher or anything but I'll have it in out of the weather in the 30x40 across from the 100 year old house.

20. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Does this count???? I couldn't pass it up when my uncle offered it to me. A hotrod for the water this summer...
    The entire floor is rotted.....and I'm not a wood worker or 'glass guy...at least the engine and pump are good...haha
    Hey,,,,at least the trailer is metal....

[​IMG]

21. ...a 26 T coupe, a 27 Dodge Bros. sedan and a 39 Chevy sedan

22. Gator

Gator

Sold my 56 Caddy Eldo project, bought a '27 T modified, traded that for a '55 Bucik Special, traded THAT to Jaker here on the HAMB for a chopped Shoebox.

Amazingly, I hung on to my '55 Chevy pickup for the whole year!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

My first project. 1950 International L-110, I'll be the second owner (not counting the 'picker' I got it from). Build thread coming sometime in the spring, maybe sooner if it could get above freezing in my garage.

24. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I drug home the remains of a 48 Plymouth business coupe, to say I saved it is a bit early, but I'll sure give it a try. Plans are to set the body shell on a Dakota frame and build a street version of a mid 60s dirt track racer. Hope to be driving it sometime in the summer of 2011, the Dakota was a running truck needing only a clutch. Probably have more in getting it licensed then I'll have in the rest of the car. Gene

25. I brought this, a 30 colonial cab pick up. Its also a movie car and was featured in the early 80s kiwi movie, "Bad Blood".
    Itll be in my shed on this sunday. my christmas present.
    [​IMG]
    heres what it looked like in the 70s.
    [​IMG]

26. bgaro

bgaro

sold some other stuff this year and really out did myself. the most expensive toy to date this A coupe. originally built in the early 60s with a sbc, a 33 plymouth front end, and boxed frame with another 30 frame. its full of old timey goodness. just tryin to get it a little more reliable and safer to start.

Attached Files:

27. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Chris would be proud...............

Bought: '56 Chevy Gasser " Rug Rat"
    '29 Roadster body
    (2) '30 coupes, one body and one compete car
    '69 Road Runner
    '36 Ford Coupe
    '37 Ford Pick up
    '27 T-roadster body
    '51 Chevy pick up

Sold: '29 Roadster Body
    '27 T-roadster body
    '27 T-coupes
    '40 Ford Pick up
    '37 Ford Pick up
    '48 KB2

I need to sell some more because my buying is disproportionate to my selling!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  28. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

What i saved was not really a hot rod. but i saved a 1976 ford f250 highboy and did some body and motor work. Thats about it this year

29. I bought my dream and first serious total rebuild project, '49 Cadillac Club Coupe. Better still got import approval yesterday so it will be on a ship and on its way to Oz very soon!

30. Wow there has been some good stuff trading hands this year.

This year I bought the '28 Tudor, then the '30. I kept the 30 body and the 28 frame and sold the rest. Then I traded the 28 frame for the shop equipment. I picked up the smashed '59 Impala and parted it out. Then I bought this Model AA and pulled the rebuilt motor and sold the rest.

I saved and brought home piles of old Ford parts aswell.

Can't wait untill nextyear!

Attached Files: