Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mooneyes X-Mas party pics/stories...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TaylorCrawford, Dec 11, 2010.

1. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

Well I was on the road by 4:30am, coming out of Orange County, and it was almost zero-visability fog pretty much the whole way there. My windshield eventually got wet from the fog, and I dont have windshield wipers, so it got kinda sketchy at some points. But we made it and had a blast!

Feel free to post your pics and stories!

Heres a few of the hundreds I took....

Concentration is key!
    [​IMG]

The sun rise. Freezin our asses off...
    [​IMG]

My truck. Ran like a champ!
    [​IMG]

Dragster....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some race action...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me on the right, my copilot to the left, and my buddies who showed up. Fun day!

[​IMG]

2. GARY?

GARY?

I was hoping to see some pics from the show. Thanks for posting!! I hope your going to post more.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It's so cool to see you really young guys keeping this shit alive, hats off to you.

4. concreteman

concreteman

I can't agree more - love to see the young guys - great hobby
    teaches common sence -which is all that's needed in LIFE :cool:

5. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

I agree with Nads...young hotrodders will keep it goin' when us oldies are history.

6. Philbilly

Philbilly

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

7. Dude you rock from the studs on the vest and the pins on it. Reminds me of myself and all my wayward buddies in the 80's. You are living my childhood dreams, always wanted to grow up in California.. Did the same thing with my friends when we were young here in Detroit. Cool thing is we are still friends today and still playing with them damn cars!!! Keep it up !!!! This thread made my day!!!

8. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

For me, being a part of the A/FX exibition show was cool! It made me feel like what I saw at Irwindale when I was a kid back in 1970. The pit row they gave us was a great place, and during rounds we had so many people in the pits asking us all sorts of questions about the car, and thats what I always remember doing when I was growing up, going to races in the eighties. Young guys saying they have a Comet, and want to build it in the style of mine. There was truly so much to see, it really wa brain overload out in the show area. I hope that maybe they allow more people to spend the night. A few of us did, and they locked us in for the night, but perhaps they won't due to the mess that'll be left behind. Thats the one thing I never get. All the piles of trash everywhere, when there are so many trashcans.......... It looked like a warzone when we rolled out last night....... For anyone who has never attended? All the photographs really don't do the event justice.

By the way, anyone catch that incredible sunset that was bestowed upon the close of the show ???
    [​IMG]

9. I was not happy with all the trash laying around either as we left around 3. We picked up anything near our spot before we left. Damn shame people can't respect the place they come for a good time. Thanks for the pics.... anymore?-Weeks

10. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

Ya we picked all our shit up. I'll post more pics later....

11. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

White knuckling that shit, awesome. Also glad to see youngn's taking an interest. It will consume you, lol.

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for pics-more ASAP!

13. jeepfink

jeepfink
    from So Cal

Yeah it was a great day, here are a few shots of the sunset as we left after packing up shop, the sunset beyond the Burger lane was amazing indeed!

Attached Files:

14. Ebert

Ebert

ME, too! Awesome to see you young studs carrying the torch! Love your truck, too!!! Don't be too intimidated by some of us old shits...we are not as grumpy as we look! We are flattered when you guys come up and want to talk hot rods!

15. madpole

madpole

cool pics. but get some rain x or wipers, there are more fun ways to die!

16. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

Haha, ya it was a white knuckle drive the whole way there! It was even more fun when we realized the tail gate popped open because I forgot to put the clip through it. Oops!

17. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

Yup thats one more thing I gotta do!

18. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Hey man...great pics..especially the opening shot of the sunrise over the show! Truck looks killer to man...sorry we missed u at the show..catch ya at the next one! Load more pics when u can!!!

19. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

It was great meeting you at the Anti Donut breakfast. Glad you could make it to Mooneyes too. It's my favorite show of the year. Sorry I missed you at the show.

20. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

Thanks! I saw your car there, that things killer! You ended up not being to far from where I was parked. Hopefully see ya at a Anti DOnut breakfast soon....

Cheers!

21. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

Heres a few more....

Had some fun with the 1-Shot the night before...
    [​IMG]

We need an EZ up and BBQ next year...
    [​IMG]

I like loud stuff....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slims van...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rad!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My '57s roof...

[​IMG]

View from the finish...
    [​IMG]

More rad!

[​IMG]

Those are the only ones I have that are worth uploading, feel free to post your own pics and stories!

Cheers

-Crawford

22. billys54

billys54

23. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

24. SoCalChevy54

SoCalChevy54

Hey bro thanks for posting the pic of my 54' up there, and you got the right angle... If you noticed the driver side hubcap was missing, it's sitting somewhere on the South bound 15 in the Cajon Pass. It decided it didn't want to go to the show with the rest of us.... :p

25. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

punk rock,customs and rods...i am down with that..keep it alive brother!

26. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

I didnt notice that, damn thats a bummer!

27. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

That silver chevy hardtop is off da rocker & so is that chic!!

28. Hey Vince just run some 3" drywall screws thru the caps and into the wheel that should hold those caps on. Car looks good and thanks for the pics Taylor

29. very good show...had a real good time..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  30. SoCalChevy54

SoCalChevy54

That damn cap also flew off on the way out to Winfields, i should have left its ass in the desert...