Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 Chevrolet coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodBen1987, Jul 30, 2009.

1. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

2. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Thanks man takin forever but maybe ill have more time here soon. I've been workin full time and then doin a few side jobs as well so been pretty busy with no time for my own stuff. Hows your A comin along?

Naw hopefully soon though :D

3. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Got a little more work done. Slow but sure but im satisfied so I guess thats all that matters.

Radiator shell mounts, I guess I will run the 34 shell
    [​IMG]

Still needs some more welding and cleaning up but I ran out of mig gas which is evident in some of the welds...
    [​IMG]

the shocks and radiator shell both mount using the same holes. need to bend my arms now
    [​IMG]

front end shot, lookin more like a car
    [​IMG]

comin together...
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Ghost28

Ghost28

ALLRIGHT MORE PROGRESS!
    I really like how the carbs stick over the cowl, a true hot rod no doubt. keep the updates coming...John

5. deluxerux

deluxerux
    from WI

Wow this build is great.

6. rottenrods

rottenrods

I'm new to the internet building, but seeing this gets me excited. Great car and nice craftsmanship

7. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

My first car was 32 chevrolet after fixing it i went in to carpentry

8. Lookin' good Ben!

9. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Thanks John everything goin well out there in Colorado?

Thanks man

Thanks and yea I havent been on this thing but probably a couple years. There are a lot of very talented and very nice people on here. Just ignore the ones that arent

Ha yea this one aint gonna have any wood in it though I'm gonna stick with something I can weld together :D

Thanks man

10. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Got me some headlights mounted. At first thought they may be too big but I'm satisfied with the way they look now. Here ya go...

left headlight stand
    [​IMG]

right headlight stand...
    [​IMG]

left and right
    [​IMG]

mounted on the car
    [​IMG]

11. I dont know how i missed this, But this build is Bad Ass. Great work man.

12. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Got my headlight stands finished and shock linkages done (I know, been slackin). Also dad made me a trunk handle. Finally joined the Alliance and have got a gas tank and some other small parts on the way from the Hot Rod Company. Needing to get a radiator built, any suggestions? Thinking either Afco or PRC (yes I want aluminum). Any help is appreciated. Heres some pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Lookin Good Ben will you be driving this to the NATS next year?
    Bob

14. Ghost28

Ghost28

It looks good ben. I just ordered a radiator from speedway and it's nice all tig welded with no epoxy, and it's aluminum They say it's for a 32 ford chopped shell but the size fits my need. it's 17 1/2 inch wide and 22 1/2 inch tall. I am glad to see ya wrenching on your car. John

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  15. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Very very doubtful ha. And I cant believe GG killed the bowling green show thats a bummer...

Hey thanks I wish it was that simple but im gonna have to have one built with no water neck for a few reasons... 1) to clear my fan, 2) because my thermostat is higher than the top of the radiator so im gonna have to fill it with some kinda remote reservoir, and 3) I need as much cooling capacity as possible. Hope yours works out for you though and I'm jealous I couldnt just buy one like that :cool:

16. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Got my steering box mounted today. I'm using a 70s mopar manual steering box and setting it up for cowl steering. No more than my car's gonna weigh and with the skinny bias plys out front, i think this mount will work but if some of yall with more experience think differently, please let me know. Here ya go...

Had to raise the floor to clear the slave cylinder, which actually worked out well since my gas pedal is kinda short
    [​IMG]

Mount made out of 1/4" steel plate
    [​IMG]

tacked to the frame
    [​IMG]

some more bracing
    [​IMG]

top mount
    [​IMG]

pretty much in there
    [​IMG]

17. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hey hey . lookin nice .....i like the smooth raw interior... ...the last pic is the 3 hole bracket the trunk lid will be welded from rosette holes from the backside...yes !! had the same idea for the fins on my gasser hood scoop made from a cash drop box i found.. ...hmmmmm...time to make my scoops ! lol....

18. hasty

hasty

That was an enjoyable read. I will be following from now on. Good luck with the rest of the build.

19. oldman2

oldman2

Hey Ben, any updates, just a morsel, tidbit, anything?

20. Ghost28

Ghost28

Even though the build is enjoyable, you are gonna have so much fun with this car when it's finished, or even just able to drive it. Nice job.

21. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

awesome build,cool havin "pops" helpin out. lookin forward to progress & seein it on the road

22. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Sorry man been busy with other things ha. Hopefully I'll have somethin up soon

Thanks and yeah it should be a fun little car. But I guess they all are in their own little way

Thanks and yeah it's always good to have some help and wisdom on things

23. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Alright got some more done on the floor and steering. Using 70 Mopar box for cowl steering setup. Heres some pics for yall to enjoy/criticize/whatever...

drivers side
    [​IMG]

passengers side
    [​IMG]

was a pitman arm...
    [​IMG]

2" OD .120 wall DOM tubing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not the prettiest thing you've ever seen but should hold
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Subscribed. Interesting build. Will keep watching for progress. Go for it, looks like you're headed in the right direction.

25. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Thats funny ben. Thats the same box and type cowl steering set up I have for my 32. same welded pitman arm tube and all.

26. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Got my headers in today from Matt at Gear Drive Speed and Custom www.lakeheaders.com. He builds headers to your specs, is a real nice guy, and is also a HAMB Alliance vendor. Here they are

[​IMG]

27. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Got some more parts in and some more work done finally. Got a steel 11 gallon tank, tank straps, fuel door, and fuel block from The Hot Rod Company (Alliance Vendor). Bolted my headers on and made some brackets and got the tank in the car. Here are some pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Nice! I really like those oval T(?) tanks. The headers look great too.

29. bobo

bobo
    from New Jersey

Great build shots and a lot of ideas that can come in handy for a future build. Keep it going...

30. MEYER8821

MEYER8821

Hey Ben its look really good man! I also got those style headers :)