Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chip Foose Shop Tour Video

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CarCast, Dec 10, 2010.

1. CarCast

CarCast

Adam Carolla and the Professor Sandy Ganz head on down to Chip Foose Design for a walk through the shop. Chip shows of some of his past present and future projects as well as some of his vintage Schwinn bicycle projects. Chip and the Weez (Donny) get into the Mini Bike discussion

Plus a tech tip, “Nitrogen and You."

Click below to watch. Enjoy!

http://www.adamcarolla.com/CarCastBlog/2010/11/19/chip-foose-at-foose-design/

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

i was there in person last year. Not an impressive shop. I did buy a shirt

3. selohssa

selohssa

Now that is some entertaining footage!

4. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I don't think any of the Chip Foose stuff has any connection at all to the traditional type of Hot Rods or Customs we are interested here on the HAMB.

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are right..for the most part his stuff isn't quite "our" style, but the pure talent, drive and skill that guy has can be appriciated no matter what style you are into.

He definately one of the guys I will stop what I am doing and watch whenever he is on TV. I learn something every time...

See ya, -Abone.

6. Racewriter

Racewriter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nope, nothing traditional at all.

7. Anderson

Anderson

You went to Foose's shop, and you weren't fucking impressed? How amazing it must feel to be so great that the stuff Foose does doesn't impress you. Do you sell your excrement in bottle? Because it must smell like roses, and I think my mom would like some for Christmas.

8. Wheelie

Wheelie
    from Dallas

I laughed so hard after I read that I almost puked!

9. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I would like some excrement in a bottle.

10. Thanks for the video clip. We drove down to Mexico from Canada last summer and on the way back I hoped to stop in at his shop and take a look around. The entrance was gated and locked with a note about only being accessable during the noon hour. We'd driven all morning from Ensenada straight there, arriving at about 2 pm, so we missed it. The kids were as disappointed as I was - they loved watching Overhauling. Had better luck on our way down stopping and Brizzio's shop in South San Fran. We were welcomed and given the royal treatment! Maybe one day I will make it back down to Fooses shop, but will have to settle for meet and greets and the car show in Vancouver 9only an 8 hour drive south).

11. The Gambler

The Gambler

NOW thats some funny shit right there!...IN A BOTTLE!..I'm still laughing!

12. Gator

Gator

Not knockin' Foose, I think he's one talented MoFo, but those two pics hardly make an argument for him building 'traditional' stuff. A 'theme roadster' and a falcon rollin on 'billet dubz'. :rolleyes:

13. Never2low

Never2low

Traditional or not, I could spend an entire day walking around that shop with him and never say a word. Scared I would miss even one little detail, idea, or thought. That man has more talent and vision than 99% of the country put together, even if it doesn't fall under our particular line of thinking. Talent is talent, and his designs will be in the Smithsonian someday. I am yet to ever hear anyone utter a bad word about him, other than he doesn't have enough time. Honestly I have no idea when he sleeps.....

14. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Well said. Foose is a street rod designer plain and simple, and evidently a very good one.

15. Harms Way

Harms Way

Speak for yourself,.... Frankly I don't think 4-Doors & Station Wagons are very traditional Rod or Custom material,... But that's just me,....

Go ahead and trash talk Foose,... Fact is, everybody on this board knows who he is, and how much talent he has,.... In contrast,... almost nobody knows who you & I are,... and could give a crap about our talent or if we have any at all.

I have met Chip on many occasions, Not only is he talented, but he is also humble, and a really great guy,.... We had him on stage at Autorama signing autographs, He was suppose to be up there for two hours,... four hours later, we were telling him he had to take a break,.... But he insisted as long as someone was in line (Mostly family's and kids), he wouldn't disappoint them. We finally put two MHRA guy's at the end of the line to tell people it was closed.

He never lost his smile or his great attitude, Some kids came up close to the stage in wheelchairs,.... Chip stopped the line, went down there signed autographs and posed for pictures. He drew lots of little cars for the kids along with his autograph,... asked each one what there name was and what kind of car they liked.

In my opinion,... NOBODY, has been a better or more passionate Ambassador for Hot Rods & Customs than Chip Foose.

16. hemifarris

hemifarris

Well said......

17. Harms Way

Harms Way

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a pedal car he did to raise money for Charity,...
    [​IMG]

Anybody want to start comparing accomplishments ?,.... I don't !

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  18. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Hey... I never trash talked Chip Foose. I don't know him, I have only seen him on TV. He could very well be a great guy, from what I have seen of him on TV I am sure he is. Of what you said about him...he is! That has nothing to do with the type of cars he builds. All I said is...from the posted videos I saw those cars did not look HAMB friendly. I guess I don't consider a 65 Chev body on a new corvette frame/engine HAMB friendly. I had not seen Chip build what I consider HAMB friendly cars, but from what I have seen posted on this thread he does do some.
    I am sorry you do not consider station wagons or 4-doors traditional, I do.

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

Research & Google are your friends,... :cool:

And by the way,... some Station Wagons & 4 Doors are cool,... just wanted to rattle your cage.:eek::cool::D

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  20. Dude, that's a pretty strong statement coming from a guy who thinks a Nova station wagon with an iron cross sticker on tinted windows has any connection at all to the traditional type of Hot Rods or Customs we are interested (in) here on the HAMB. :D

Sam

Attached Files:

21. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

your an idiot.

p.s. id kill myself if i drove a nova station wagon.

22. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Hey...when I saw the first part I was gonna bast back with something like... "I have a l Life, I don't live on my computer"...Then I saw the second part.

Good one. We can agree...Chip Foose does build some great cars, and is a good guy...even if some are not HAMB friendly:):D.

23. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

It's not a Nova it's an Acadian....

24. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Well that changes everything cause 4 door Acadian wagons with tinted windows and iron cross stickers is what this place is all about :rolleyes:

25. 409deuce

409deuce

Dude, No such thing as a Nova station wagon. Never produced. :rolleyes:

26. Harms Way

Harms Way

Geeeezzzzzz,.... You Canadian guys sure get wound up easy !,.. And I don't live on the computer,... But when I get home from the shop at night (after working on traditional Hot Rods) :D, I like to get on here and stir up Station Wagon owners,..... You Canadian guys get defensive fast because your money looks weird,.... But !,... it's worth almost as much as ours now.

Other than wheels,...I can't say that I don't like just about everything Foose Builds,... His Dad Sam Foose built some really nice cars as well.

[​IMG]

27. 409deuce

409deuce

Not wound up, never made nova wagons. Address has F all to do with it.

28. I think he has one of the best eyes in the bussiness and seems to be one of the nicest guys in the bussiness. I've never heard but one person say a negative word about and I think we can all agree Boyd was an asshole (God bless his soul, may he rest in peace). And while I'm on the subject, was anybody else tickled shitless when Charlie Hutton told Boyd he was going to go and paint a car for Foose for the Riddler competition and Boyd had his little tantrum. Good move Charlie. I think it would be a wonderful experience to get to work for Foose at his shop. I can't imagine all the things that could be learned working in that shop.

29. Harms Way

Harms Way

Not you,... I was picking on acadian carguy, But what the heck does "Address has F all to do with it" mean ? :confused::):D

30. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Harms way...you sound like a cool guy! type of guy I'd like to have a beer with. I'm not wound up... I was trying to be funny with the "have a lfe" comment. I do spend some evening time on the net...mostly on the HAMB.

I didn't think my original Foose comment would cause all the reaction it did. I think Chip Foose build some great cars and is probably a great guy. I just did not see traditional type cars in the video.

Sorry to all the guys that don't like my car, but I do! Not that it matters, but I got the car with the tinted windows, and the "iron cross" is a Scheiders Cams decal that I had from the early '70's.