Register now to get rid of these ads!

Toys of Christmas past....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pitts642, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here are some of my favorites on display under the Christmas tree in the garage.

Jim

Attached Files:

2. Honest Charlie

Honest Charlie
    from Pa.

I have one of those here yet. It's pretty cool. They had a newer version a few years ago. I bought a bunch of the goop up back then. It works but not as well as the original goop did.

3. Honest Charlie

Honest Charlie
    from Pa.

Great display you have there Jim.

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

My all time favorite! At about $100 bucks, back in the day, it was a very big deal to get one. Gary

[​IMG]

5. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah that was pretty funny.... :D:D:D

6. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

The Thingmaker was a fav-o-rite of Mine I still have My 1966 Batman mold, My folks stayed in the same house from 66 till 95, when We all moved to the desert I found lots of My stuff that had been tucked away, I also had "The Time Machine" , it got hot and heated plastic creatures that You cushed in the sleep chamber, then once cooled You reheated them and they took back their shape, the vucuform and Hot Wheels factory was also a fav, I also had a jalopy showdown set and many slot car sets,and went to the big tracks alot, but I also had a set with no slot and the front tires were turned left, when Your car got into the corner it drifted up to the next set of power strips, they had more juice and whoa nelly thats where You could pass cause the cars came hauling ass outta the corners. great thread, having realized I have more yesterdays than tomorrows finds Me thinking about the good old days alot. Merry X-mas Everyone. Von Doc

7. Ramblur

Ramblur

8. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Funny, You looked like a normal child.

Attached Files:

9. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

Creepy Crawlers

Attached Files:

10. Cadillacjerk

Cadillacjerk

Big Bruiser...tow truck and repairable pick up truck...circa 1963

Attached Files:

11. espo35

espo35
    BANNED
    from california

Good stuff! Used to scare the crud out of my sister with 'em!

12. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

I had those too......the orange and blue, they were great, i had a cousin that came over on x-mas and thought he broke them and started crying!!!!! He was a strange bird anyway!!

13. I had a cox gas powered dune buggy. Start it and let it go...went about as fast as you could walk.

14. VonDad

VonDad

Got an Eldon slot car set. Didn't get to play with it till my Dad and Uncle Roger went to work the next day. Got a Vroom racer that made engine sounds when you drug it along. An erector set. Set of drums. Cool stuff.

Sad lost all but the drums when my Mom's house burned. What didn't burn, was ruined by water. But mostly I have the memories. Wish they made cool stuff today. Too worried somebody's gonna hurt theyself.

VonDad

15. vintage tin

vintage tin

I had / remember these.
    But one of my favorites was Big Trak.
    A programmable motorized futuristic 6 wheel tank with laser canon.
    It had a key pad on the back to tell it what to do (how far to travel, turn, fire the laser. Programming was endless). Way more entertaining than a lot of today's toys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDGIOv-2uf0

Attached Files:

16. xlr8er

xlr8er

You have a small fortune in redline HW's. Very nice!! The open hood scooped Mustang is a sure keeper!! The rose colored Olds is worth a few pennies as well.

Anyone remember the Sizzler TRAIN set? When I was a kid, our family was friends with another family with 2 kids about the age of me and my sister. Those kids had ALL the cool toys!! SSP's (not SST's), slot cars, Cox cars, EK stunt set, Hot Wheels... all kinds of pedal ride on toys... Was I jealous? You're damn right I was (still am...)!!! I recently saw the oldest kid after years of no contact (we're 45 now). We got to talking about his cool toys. He told me he still has most of them.... spoiled BRAT!!

Great thread!! Thanks for the memories!

17. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

18. White Trash Renegade

White Trash Renegade
    from Derby, KS

I still have most of the toys that I had as a kid. I still have my Atari 2600 with 130 different games and all my Hot Wheels. I still have several Tonka trucks and some other things.
    This is the one truck that I so wish hadn't come in contact with a baseball bat!
    [​IMG]
    I saw one several years ago at a toy show for about $1000 still in the box

19. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I had the matching Honda ATC 90. about as stable as the real thing. It was a gas until I threw a rod

20. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I remember hot wheels, slot cars, toy trains, WW2 airplane models, toy guns, chemistry sets....

21. cal1320

cal1320
    from Florida

I had the smash up derby set also. I think mine were black and gray colored.
    I played with my erector set for years. Came in a blue tool box.
    I got an ride on electric car when I was aroung 6 (1969). It was like a 20s-30s era looking car. All plastic. It had a lever on the side for forward and reverse. Waaaaay before the bigfoot trucks were sold.
    Had slot cars and hot wheels and track. I can almost still hear the kid that lived behind us getting his ass beat with the hot wheels track.
    Remember when JC Penny had a Christmas toy catalog?

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I haven't looked back through this thread to see if anybody mentioned it, but does anybody else remember a toy called "Spin Welder"? Mattel or one of those put it out about '73 or so. Plastic construction pieces that you put together with softer plastic "welding tips" on a small motorized gun that spun the tip melting it... The beginings of my fabrication fun!

23. Santa brought me the first run Strombecker slot car set(1960). Kinda sucked my Dad and Uncle Jim raced all day while I just got to watch........ Man I wish I still had it, heres one on e-bay seller claims its worth 2000!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  24. 76cam

76cam

Yep yard darts.Got one in the nose blood all down the side of the house i guess we shouldnt have been throwing them at each other over the camper..Good times man good times.

25. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

WAY BACK when I was young this was the only car in the world !!!!!

[​IMG]

That's all I had to play with.

B[​IMG]B

26. HTbomb

HTbomb
    from Florida

I still have mine but haven't raced it since childhood. It was geared for off-road racing it was lots of fun. I brought it to the beach once and it was great on the sand. Clean-up, however, was a disaster!

Photo below borrowed from the internet.

[​IMG]

27. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

My favorites! (just kidding, folks). Actually I would like to have had one of these, but I can't tell you which one.

Attached Files:

28. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Very nice collection of redlines. That purple 442 is awesome!!! Congrats on your survivors.

29. sledish

sledish

Lego's....just give me Lego's, still have them from when I was a kid, now my kids play with them !!!

30. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

I am pretty sure I can tell what one?
    Here is one of mine, waiting it's turn after the 61 Thunderbird JR and the66 Mustang JR

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.