Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why The Jersey Suede Can’t Get No Lovin’ This Year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 43gman, Jul 6, 2009.

1. 193257

The truck in my avtar is my second truck like that. My first truck was built by Dave Gale. I owned it for a bunch of years and put a ton of miles on it. Finally sold it to Alan Johnson in Gadsden Al. Missed it so much I had some friends in Ohio build me another one. The plan was to drive to California in 07 and be gone for a month. I changed some things when I got it and took it on a long test drive about two weeks before we were to leave and had some bad luck. I rolled the truck and totalled it out. (Strictly my fault). Ended up selling it to a friend of mine in springfield Mo. He fixed it and sold it to a guy in Ohio. He has made a few changes but has the truck in my avtar looking real good. Not trying to steal your thread but just love those trucks. Youve got it looooooking real good. Rick

2. pugh433

pugh433
    from toledo

great work, truck looks perfect!

3. Awesome truck,killer stance.

4. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Lance! The truck looks outstanding, man! Love the paint, the stance, everything about it! Great job!!!!!

5. Great to see you're still here, Lance. The peekup is looking great! Stop by Omaha again on your way to B'ville next time...maybe my 34 five window will be ready to cruise then.
    Rocky

Attached Files:

6. Great truck! But tell me bout the 34 roadster? Pretty please... and pics!

7. This truck is sweet - love the color combo and the stance is dead on. Any video so we can hear that iron duke sing a little?!

8. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

TomT

Funny you should ask about a video. The first time we drove it around the neighborhood, my wife shot a few quick videos on our digital camera, while learning how to use the camera at the same time. They're not great but I think you'll get the idea.

Go to www.lancesorchik.com and click on "Art in Motion"

9. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

'34 roadster is still looking for a new engine. Had lots of bad luck with the original '33 21 std. Making some decisions as to how I want the build to go, but it'll happen someday soon. I'm getting tired of owning it and not being able to drive it long distance. Here are some shots:

Attached Files:

10. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

Rick,

Thanks for the info. I was knocked out by Dave Gale's first one years ago. And all of the info you posted about selling it to Alan Johnson, wrecking yours, having it eventually end up in Ohio answers a TON of questions I've had over the years. I've been following a number of these trucks for awhile. And by the way, Dave Gale built my chassis 13 years ago. It's was such a sad day to hear of his passing. A super talented guy.

11. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

This is why I love the HAMB, if you pay attention, you get your History Lessons & Lance by the way Jersey Suede still gets my lovin this year.:D

12. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

Well, since there's a whole lot of love in the air, here's a couple of shots of Jersey Suede as it appears in the garage today. It's been 9 years since it's been out!!!!

Attached Files:

13. lance, love your pickup, its coming along nicely. now while your in photo posting mind any of your B400?.
    thanks. Al.

14. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

Nothing has changed from 9 years ago when I got it to this stage: These are old pictures but still as is:

Attached Files:

15. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Lance,
    Better pay the ransom & get that nailhead done, I believe she's served her term.
    Later,
    Billy

16. Nothing has changed from 9 years ago when I got it to this stage: These are old pictures but still as is:

lance, much appreciated.
    thanks.
    Al.

17. This angle is bad ass for the suede and just a hint of my favorite truck of yours sitting in the driveway.

Attached Files:

• LS.jpg
      LS.jpg
      File size:
      484.2 KB
      Views:
  18. The truck is looking great! You got it made!!! Will we be seeing it at York next June??

[​IMG]

19. 193257

Lance

I checked out your videos. That truck looks GREAT in motion. But the best part is when you drove up and stopped on the driveway and your passenger opens the door and says HOW DO YOU GET OUT OF THIS THING.
    Man truer words were never spoken. I loved it.

You really have that truck looking good. You have everything right on. The paint, the stance, the wheels, the mexican blankets, I mean everything.

Just a word of caution though. Don't be alarmed when your running down the road at 75 or 80 and you hit a dip in the road and all of a sudden your truck slows down. I can remember so many times that the rear tires would go up and touch the bottom of the rear fenders and slow you down. First time that happened I thought WHAT WAS THAT! Like I said, it sits perfect.

Alan finally had to replace one of the front fenders because he rubbed a hole in the top of the front fender. (fiberglass) If you ever get in the st. Louis give me call. I'd love to show you around. Rick

20. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

OL 55,

Maybe! I have to go out on a couple of reconnaissance missions to survey the best roads to travel there. I know how beat up we are on the interstates when we get to York each year. Plus there's the issue of speed bumps at the headquarter hotel ... SSCCRRAAPPEEE!!!!!!!!.

21. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

Rick,

I have some heavy duty snubbers in the rear so I don't think that'll be an issue. But the front, well, I figured some blistered paint was part of the attitude I was after.

That's funny about Alan's pick up front fenders being rubbed through!!

I'll take you up on the offer about St. Louis. Same goes for you traveling in Northern NJ. And by the way, the area we're in is NOT NYC, it's the Appalachian Mountains and tons of farmland and wildlife.

22. Ahhh, the price of looking cool! I have an old page you did from Rodders Digest, the one that says something like "you know you're a real rodder when".... and one of the things you said was "you know it's too low, but you'll take your chances anyway". I copied that one and blew it up. It still hangs in my garage. When people are riding with me in my 40, and they hear the front tires rubbing when I'm turning, they always look alarmed and ask "what's that"? I tell em "it's the noise your car makes when you know it's low enough":D

23. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

OL 55,

AHEM brother!! Now that I think about it, the raised manhole cover is probably the biggest fear in my mind!! Dead animals disintegrate over time, but those manhole covers just suck!!

I'm being razzed about driving this thing to York by my buddies and have put some thought into it. Who knows, after gaining a little more confidence in its ride, in the springtime, I'll make the decision.

24. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

I checked out your videos. That truck looks GREAT in motion. But the best part is when you drove up and stopped on the driveway and your passenger opens the door and says HOW DO YOU GET OUT OF THIS THING.
    Man truer words were never spoken. I loved it.

those are true words,getting in is easy,out it's OMG hard.

for you guys asking about that motor,yes it is nasty both in power and sound.
    want to use one? we have the part numbers and know where to get them almost turn key. the problem is the fork lift ver. needs the cam swaped out with a marine and a special part number oil pan with the rear sump for a 1 piece rear main used.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  25. Lance-
    That truck looks OUTSTANDING! It sits perfect, and if it were mine, I'd drive the wheels off of it.

Years ago, I had the good fortune of seeing the old gray Chevy truck cruising down my street in Apple Valley, California. You were on your way to see my neighbor, Dave Gaus. I was heading to work, and I still kick myself to this day for not turning around and introducing myself and checking out that badass truck. Still one of my favorites, along with everything else in your stable.

Keep posting, because we all love to see what you're working on.

26. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

lance has a garage full of work to do on 3 cars, first we both need a breather from cars after doing the pick up.breather! haha! dose that ever happen?

ok! add this to what was going on while waiting for the paint to come back we did a tub and rear narrowing job for joe t."the guying asking how do i get out of this?" and bass player for http://www.kilbyandtaylor.com

suede needs the motor worked on, the roadster needs a new drive train and body work. and the b400 well thats the big one .plus there is still aother model A in hideing,

problem now is new jersey winters and his mechanic "me" is working on restoring a 37 year old kawasaki KZ. that sat still since 1978. and which is hoped to be done for a spring time return to the road.

Attached Files:

27. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

for those of you asking lance about the motor. here is a link to a almost turn key. http://www.helmarparts.com/product_p/85890-gm.htm. this comes as stated, cast iron manifolds, ignition water pump and flywheel.

if one wants to get fancy gm makes the motor with factory efi now.HMMMMM!
    http://www.gm.com/vehicles/innovati...lized/industrial/REV_2011_3000_Industrial.pdf

the fork lift motor has the 10.5 to 1, high compression but uses a low 73 hp, low rpm.2.200,3.000rpm tops, high torque camshaft that needs to be swaped out for a marine cam to get the higher 140 HP and 4500 to 5500 rpm.

if needing a rear sump pan one most find parts numbers 93419742 for the oil pan on a engine with the one piece rear seal. this is listed in the gm parts book as first dsgn 1991 to 1993 engines , pick up number 03915988, main bearing stud, number 03852870.

either way it is cheaper and better to get the crate motor and swap out the few needed parts to make it work in a car,

28. ....did anyone else get lucky enuf to get one of the Sorchik's cool Xmas cards?
    [​IMG]
    thanks Lance & Diane, ..hope you have a great new year.

...the A truck sure looks cool, Lance!

29. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

yah! and it's his 28 pick me up.

30. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

Now you guys are just bragging!