Register now to get rid of these ads!

DEUCE OF SPADES big World Premiere Back to the Fifties Celebration Sun 11/14 !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HiboyGirl, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6deuce32yblock

6deuce32yblock

way out here on the east coast waiting...............

2. Dang guys, I'm jealous. I want my copy. The suspense is killing me.

3. I live in a small town. I'm guessing that the mailman will deliver my copy just as soon as he's done watchin it. I usually get my magazines a few days late for the same reason....

4. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Hang on to your pants kids, I ran out of DVDs !!!!!!!!!!!! I thought 3500 would last me for a few months, but they only lastest.... TWO WEEKS.

:eek:

I already ordered another 2500 last week and hope to have them delivered tomorrow or monday. The plant is local, so that helps speed things up a lot. They do all the big studios screeners, DVDs, etc...

So if you just ordered your DVD I will be packing and shipping them early next week. I have a good team of assistants and we can move through a stack of orders very fast :D. we'll get them to you super pronto speedy fast.

5. redsean

redsean

just order mine cant wait!!

6. nolly

nolly

Only 3500!!? Oh ye of little faith,Faith!;) I'm sure all HAMBers who are waiting,meself included,will wait for as long as it takes! 'All good things to those who wait' as Mr H. Lecter would say!!:p A nice situation to be in,I'd say!
    Props' to you & your crew for a fantastic achievement,for the film & the mailing of the dvd!!
    Have a super Xmas & I hope Santa brings you all that you deserve!
    !;)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  7. Cross Rodder

Cross Rodder

Faith,

Cool seeing you at the NHRA Museum.

Me and the family watched it last night. I knew it was going to be good but WOW it was awesome! Loved the story, the actors were great, the cars were perfect and the photography was incredible. The movie defiantly hit on all cylinders. Even my wife loved it.

You should be very proud of an amazing work.

8. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I ordered my DVD early . Got the DVD Tuesday ! Mine was #605 . Watched it last night ! WOW !!!!!!
    What a GREAT MOVIE Faith ! I was totally surprised at how well the movie was thought out and it was an excellent movie to say the least . There was a terrific story line and saw some really sweet hot rods . I enjoyed every single minute of the entire movie . It was all good points and didn't see any bad ones at all . The ending was the best that you could have made it out to be . I won't say anymore about the movie so not to spoil anything for those who have not seen the movie yet , but there is lots of great hotrods , kustom , traditions , drag racing , the salt flats , fights , well you will just have to wait to see it !

Faith , would there be another movie in the horizon ? Hope so and you can count on me buying that one as well !
    You nailed it right on the head with this movie ! Thanks for the great movie !

Retro Jim

9. I recieved my (autographed - #2207) copy of Deuce Of Spades and just now finished watching it.

Wow!!! Great flick! Great story! Great scenes! Great cars! Very well done!

That Faith Grainger is one Hell of a Director, Editor, and seemingly everything else. I didn't count, but I'll bet her name appears in the credits at least 50-times. She seems destined for great things!

If you haven't ordered your copy, DO IT!

10. blacktopicasso

blacktopicasso

Just got my copy today in the mail. Talked the wife into watching it, she's not into the car scene. We both loved the movie. Wife even watched the extras. She commented several times how good it was. "Thanks Faith" for making a great movie. You really captured a "spirit" that can't be explained.
    Its the journey not the destination that makes life full of stories.

11. clute

clute
    from Australia

Got my copy today,watched it this afternoon. Great movie Faith, we all loved it.
    Are we the first in Aus. to watch this?

P.S. Long time watcher of this great site, learnt a lot, but I'm a lousy typist and all my cars (Aussie Valiants) are too new to talk about here.

Cheers Bruce.

12. Well, I'd like to add my congratulations to a job well done. The story is well conceived, flows nicely and has the elements to keep one tuned in from start to finish.

Somewhere, someone wrote about realistic commentary on the ills of the street racing aspect and I noticed that as well.

I anxiously awaited for my copy to arrive and, wouldn't you know, was out of town for Thanksgiving, so I had to wait 'til Monday. I met the mailman, built a fire in the fireplace and loaded the DVD.

I found myself totally involved with the film. I wasn't aware that you acted also, Faith. I, too marveled at the number of times your name appeared in the credits. For sure, you have been a busy gal these last few years.

Ya done good!!! I expect we'll hear more about this effort as the word gets out.

13. glassguy

glassguy

watched it last nite.. great job faith, i enjoyed it~!

14. mongo51

mongo51

Got my copys last week and Ive watched it three time now. Great movie Faith.

15. is this going to be shown on the east coast ?? if so what states

16. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i watched it at a friends house last week.

Just ordered my copy. Amazing Film!!!

17. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

watched it twice. great. thanks.

18. Sticks

Sticks

Faith,
    Your work is spinning. My wife and I watched it last night and we enjoyed every minute and at the end I looked over and my little wife had tears in her eyes. Love your work here thanks so much.

Sticks

19. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Thanks Guys!! :D

While at the NHRA museum event last wednesday, I bumped into Dave Wallace, editor of HOT ROD DELUXE. He came to the booth with a huge smile on his face:

"I was at your Premiere and I confess, I had only allocated 10 minutes to kinda check the film out a bit. So I sat all the way to the back of the theater, cause I knew I was going to leave fairly quickly... But I never did leave. I ended up watching the entire film and 2 hours 8 minutes later, found myself standing up to give the film a standing ovation, and clapping my hands off.... Your film is KILLER! KI-LLER!".

A mere hour later, Dave proceeded to repeat all the above on the loud speaker system, in front of the entire crowd there. To receive such enthusiastic accolade from editor of Hot Rod Deluxe was, to say the least, a wonderful feeling. He is truly super excited about the film.

20. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Judging from your avatar, I betcha you enjoyed the Bill Hines scene ;)...

I have not yet had a chance to start planning for misc screenings, but there will definitely be opportunities to see the film, in most cases in the context of a car event, car gathering, museum or festival. The best thing to do is to SIGN UP ON THE MAILING LIST. I only send one monthly updates, so I use the mailing list wisely and I don't share the emails with ANYONE. But this way then when we have a screening, I'll be able to notify you, send an invite, so you can be informed as to where the film is playing next.

You probably are one of the first (if not the first) to see it in Australia, yes :D. NOTE: I am currently working on getting a few screening lined up for Australia... Get on the mailing list to keep abreast.

http://www.deuceofspadesmovie.com/mailing_list.htm

21. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

Hi Faith --
    I watched my copy the first time this morning so I was 2+ hrs late to start my day! Great, great accomplishment. I corresponded a little with you in the early stages about Model A stuff, so I feel good that I was a 'technical consultant' without my name in the credits. Everybody else on the HAMB can feel the same pride in one of our own getting such great accolades.
    I read the IMDB.com reviews tonight, and the film was rated highest by (drumroll please) teenage males, and women over 35! She makes a car-guy's movie and it turns out to be a chick flick too!
    Fearless

22. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

I just received my copy and watched it during/after lunch. My wife watched with me, reluctantly at first, but was enjoying it at is progressed. She even commented about the love story theme to it all.:D

Good job Faith!!!:cool::cool:

23. scottie

scottie

got my copy in the UK during the week and just watched it for the second time..

it was just as good as the first time

thanks Faith

24. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

If you haven't already done so... Don't mess around and not pick up a copy of this movie quick!

The story line is excellent, the period details are very, very good, the filming and music is well done. All in all, a standing ovation from my living room after viewing it tonight with my son. I really, really enjoyed the show.

Nice job Faith!

25. Great job! I really enjoyed this film, and it was nice seeing all the period details. I liked the interviews, that is a lot of work, having the cast helping out as crew, and still getting great performances. It may not have had a big Hollywood budget, but the production values were great; It didn't look like a B-movie at all.

26. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

My wife runs screaming from the living room at the mention of watching American Graffiti or any of my car movies but I talked her into watching DOS with me, my 3rd time LOL. She really enjoyed it, said it was very well done and she would watch it again. From a woman that can't stand "hot rod" movies that is high praise believe me!!!

When do we get a soundtrack CD?

27. T.KITCHEN

T.KITCHEN

Hi Faith, Very good movie, but being from that era and owning THOUSANDS of old cars I would like to offer some constructive criticisms that you may or may not want to think about for the next movie you said you plan to make of "back then". I don't want my comments to be taken wrong or influence any other HAMBers from purchasing the movie, so you can contact me by PM if interested. Tom

28. bear39

bear39

Just watch it this weekend with the family must say I was impressed WELL DONE need to sneek it in to work and watch during the day Bear

29. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

these are photos from Adriene Biondo.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Dang some of those photos rock!! :D Thank you for posting them!!

HAHAHA that's so cool (and funny).... Soundtrack CD will be produced, early 2011... As soon as I have a second!! :rolleyes:

Your boss will walk in on you and instead of firing you he will end up ordering a DVD too hehehehehehe :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.