Register now to get rid of these ads!

Baggers: Show Yer Creative Valve & Compressor setup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Humboldt Cat, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Workin on a plan to mount air valves and air compressors in old small toolboxes, for a theme, in my kustom's bed, utilizing the frame itself. At Billetproof I saw an interesting aray of switch locations, but what's a creative setup you've done with yer air valves and/or air compressors?

2. skwurl

skwurl

I cant find ant pics but I did the tank, compressor and valves in an old cooler. I cut the bottom and back out of it. It look ok

3. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Cool! Forgot to add: who out there had done or is doing manual valves? Been tossing that possibility around, but everything's been taking so long, I might try experimenting (like using air cond. pumps) for another day, when she's on the road again. Still... manual valves? Easier? Trickier? Explain.

4. Sorry- I thought it said bangers instead of baggers.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010

5. Am I missing something??

Nice engine but confused.

BloodyKnuckles

6. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

heh heh nice one

7. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Meant ball-valve setups, to manually control with levers in the cab.

8. Gotcha.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

BloodyKnuckles

9. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

ive learned that bags go here:

Attached Files:

10. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

and the good stuff then goes in

Attached Files:

11. Cadillacjerk

Cadillacjerk

don't use ball valves, bad news...did my hearse using "slam specialty" bags ...and you have to do the car (legally) with DOT approved (3/8 or 1/2 inch) plastic lines (or hydraulic lines, expensive and overkill) I run twin VIAIR 380C pumps, 2 5 gallon tanks all hidden away under the deck and have 4 switches in a cabled box. 1 switch for each corner of the car. My car weighs 5500 LBs and I have put 25000 miles on it like this with no headaches. Ball valves are illegal (well up here in Alberta anyways) to control ride height on any vehicle. Besides they would be way too busy to control for the desired effect, how would you hose it all in? and where would you mount the valve bank? if you look closely at my pic ...you can see the pumps...they are in the spare tire bay...my spare tire is in my coffin:eek:....if you need or want any more pics or help let me know

P.S. before I start a debate on the legality of ball valves for ride height, I should mention that while they can be used on hiway trucks and trailers to "dump" air out of air ride systems ....... they are not used to regulate the flow to the bags...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  12. I like the idea of mounting it all in an old cooler....bad ass!!!

13. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Love funeral coaches but any vehicle that new has no business here on the HAMB.

14. Cadillacjerk

Cadillacjerk

I get that...that hearse ain't the reason I'm here...it's one of many vehicles I own, read my profile or other posts....I was using it as an example...but thanks for making me feel like a jerk:rolleyes:

15. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

This should balance it out, welcome!

16. Wastelander

Wastelander

I have two things I might be able to contribute. The first relates to compressors. Using an old AC compressor is awesome if you find the right one. I use a York compressor because it has it's own oil reservoir. Most compressors use the refrigerant as a lubricant.

Secondly, I have been researching mechanical valves for my new project. Ball valves are cheap, readily available and rates for a very high pressure. The problem is they are on/off. An air valve that is momentary is beginning to look pretty hard to find.