Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 3 window "barn find" at Scottsdale GoodGuys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by al8apex, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wvenfield

wvenfield

I may be in the extreme minority but there is a whole list of cars I'd rather have over a 32.

I understand their significance. Outside of that, I'd prefer 3-4 nice Model A's. Or maybe 2 really nice model A's, A cool tall T a really nice mid 50's truck as a daily driver and a room full of beer.

2. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

True, but I'd be just as thrilled about finding a 37 Coupe. 32's are neat, but all this gloating and hype from guys that have 32's is a real turn off - and I'm not talking about just this thread. It's funny how overrated they have become.:rolleyes: funny in a sad way.

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm glad to see more here that understand than the usual piss n moan crowd. Yeah Frank, back in 72 $3K was a lot of money for a Deuce but the going rate back then for the "end user". Dad and I stumbled on to a tudor body, frame, hood, grille, and headlights, no axles and we gave $600. We loaded it up and got outta there as fast as we could as the guys phone kept ringing while we were at it. Some of the callers offered him more without seeing it. We washed it and cleaned everything really good (had hay in it), then let her sit for a couple weeks. Sold it for $1800 and had guys arguing about who got there 1st. That was in 74 or 75. Fast forward for inflation, what would that be today? Should we be happy? I am.

4. A lotta guys my age read the little pages and hot rod magazine back in the late 50's and early 60's and dreamed of owning that cherry deuce coupe,,some guys realized that dream early in life but a lot of us had the dream float around in the back of there heads for years.

In my case my family came first so I started out with Model A's,,a string of them building,refining,selling and working my way up to cars in better condition,,

then I went through 6 1940 Fords ,,but the whole time I was looking at deuces at the shows,,then the day I worked out a trade with racinman and ended up with 2 deuces,,and from there that's all I wanted.

Personally,I'm glad everybody doesn't want one. HRP

5. petert

petert
    from arizona

I bought my first 32 3 window for $300, a running, driving car, no fenders, perfect body (gray primer). My car had a built 1940 Merc, heads, carbs, dual exh, dropped axle, juice brakes, stock interior. The car had a Willys column shift rotated 180 degrees for that fast (slap down) 1st to 2nd shift. My friends thought I was nuts (I could have bought a beautiful 50 Merc for the same money). Fast foreward fifty years, I saw the "barn find" at Scottsdale, makes me wonder. I presently own another 32 3 window, it has a Deuce Factory chassis, 350 Chev, 700r4, 100% Henry (Murray) steel. I have this car for sale. I was asking 59k (same price as a Brookville "starter" kit). I had a lot of lookers and talkers but no takers. I have reduced my price 5k to 54k. I'm sorry I didn't mean to turn this thread into an ad. I just find it an interesting take on human nature that people would consider spending that kind of money on a "project" when they could have a finished car for the same (or less) money.

Tom Peter

Lake Havasu City AZ 928-854-8495

6. F&J

F&J

As far as human nature.. Just me, I'd rather have the barnfind car, rather than a modern rod. Premium value on old real builds. IMO

7. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

You aren't the only one....of course being a woman makes me a minority, but I still wouldn't own a 32. I don't understand the immediate ray of gold that surrounds an owner upon purchase.

Kind of like Corvettes, cool to look at, but not my thing.

That car has a LOT of wow factors, a butt load of history, but not enough for me to pay 60K.........somebody will, either for those glorious rays of gold or because it's a really neat nostalgia piece and they MUST have it.

I will take a 33-4 tho.:D

8. I think its a fair price for what it is.....a genuine 50s hotrod.....If I had an extra $60k Id buy it! I like it, and I dont go for cars with fenders, LOL

9. banditomerc

banditomerc

Your kidding ....right?:cool:

10. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Better looking and cheaper - thats why I bought mine. How are you Missy?

11. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Great! Got a Model A project to start soon...........we'll see how it goes.:D

12. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

I might pay $60,000 for the BARN, if it's in excellent condition and in a nice area. But $60,000 for a clapped out 32 Ford?? INSANITY!!!!!

13. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Hahaha......so that's what that is.......

14. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

What I find annoying is the people that say only rich people can own an original '32, that it's a gold chainer's game,or that it's out of reach. I'm far from rich,have worked hard for everything I have, and had to sell two cars,work as much overtime as I could hustle, and drain my meager savings account to buy my 5w. Like House of Hot Rod says, "If you want something bad enough,you'll find a way".

15. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

I wish five windows brought that kind of money, Then I could afford to drive a honda..

16. turdytoo

turdytoo

Amen brother. I'm far from rich, had the '32 bug for years. Got one on the road and one in the works.

17. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

I'm glad I found my 34 barn find for less than 1/10 of the price of this 32.

Course, mine's a Chevy, which is a plus for me.:D:D:D

Attached Files:

18. jonathan

jonathan
    from Phoenix,AZ

The cars aren't worth anymore today then they were "back then". Money is just worth less now.

19. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

60K is not out of line for this car!!!....I am not a rich man and 60K to me is alot of money....But it is only money!...And money does not make me happy!!....But my 32 fords do...LOL......And a car like this does not come around everyday....What is funny too me is that the same people who will say 60k for this car is crazy money, prolly gave 30-50K for the piece of shit mostly made in china plastic bumper late model pickup or car that they drive.....think about it like this the late model car or truck you drive everyday is losing value.....that 32 ford will always hold its value as long as there are crazy hot rod guys like me who love them....banks are not paying hardley nothing for interest right now, So I would say this car is better than money in the bank.....Don't buy bank CD's Buy 32 fords....LOL just my 2 cents

20. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Just wondering what that site was again where you can buy lots of 32 3 window bodies for under 6K???.....I searched out Ejay.com and no luck!!.....If I could find the site I would like to purchase about a dozen of them......LOL

21. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

This car pops up at a few local shows. Its not nearly as original and complete as the one in question here but seems like he told me he has turned down 50k or something crazy like that for it. I think he said he bought the body only in the 70's for 400 bucks. So as wrong as it might seem I can see this selling for close to that.

Attached Files:

22. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Crazy money for that old banger.

Don't have half that much invested in my whole car.

23. wdl182

wdl182
    from New York

Hell I got 3-4 all steel done cars for around that price!!!

24. Damn J, right on the money.

25. wdl182

wdl182
    from New York

Forgive me I'm still learning!! I have 3-4 all steel 32's that are done!! for that price and less.
    [email protected]

26. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

60K is a lot of money but if that is what you want or have been dreaming about then thats not out of line. I like the 32's, don't own one and probably never will, and only because there are other cars that are on my top 10 cars to own list that I would want more than the 32. With the history that car most likely comes with along with the fact that its barn fresh, and is now exactly like it was when it was parked and stored I think its a decent price, I won't pay it but someone will, and I would bet he doesn't sit on it real long. Just my 2 cents.

27. Has anyone ever lost money on a Ford coupe ? If I was ever going to invest in a commodity, it would be in the only thing I know to be a safe investment....a Ford coupe.
    Ron

Attached Files:

28. John Stimac

John Stimac

I live in Havasu, and heres a pic I've got of this coupe
    Stimac

Attached Files:

• 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      42.4 KB
      Views:
  29. John, did you ever own a '34 red cabrio?
    Ron

30. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Ron, What's the story behind that great picture?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.