Register now to get rid of these ads!

DEUCE OF SPADES big World Premiere Back to the Fifties Celebration Sun 11/14 !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HiboyGirl, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

WOO HOO! My autographed copy just arrived! I better go see if there is any popcorn in the cabinet!

2. Damn,,I'm starting to feel like the red headed step child.:( HRP

3. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Oh God now you're making me feel really bad ... What is your order number? Let me see if I can figure out what batch it was in and when it was mailed... You haven't moved since you placed the order, right? (cause a few people did and I had to update their addresses before shipping...)

Oh wow I remember that car show, it was like my third car show I attended with the deuce, I had just bought it, notice it wasn't done yet (no paint, radial tires ( :eek: OGH!!!! Sacriledge LOL)... Sweet memories...

I had a blast recording the Director's Commentaries, it was though a lot of work, took about 10 days, but well worth it. Did you listen to the reading of Johnny Callaway's prison notebook? It's powerful.

:D oh sweet reward... My credit roll is about 6 minutes long (no kidding). gave me a chance to play the "Ballad of Johnny Callaway" - which I wrote 3 years ago - and bring the theme score back. It's amazing to see all these names scroll on theh screen. Cast alone is 162 names!!

4. Faith,,,I sent you a PM. HRP

5. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

"Damn,,I'm starting to feel like the red headed step child.:( HRP"

Bummer! But you'll love it when you get it.

I don't mean to rub it in, but I got my DVD's a week ago, (#'s 282 & 283) and have already watched it again since seeing the premiere.

It's a great movie! A well done chick-flick with lotsa car action, kinda like Piero De Luca meets Nicholas Sparks.
    :D

6. Mine arrived today. I'm early 3000's,

7. 43gman

43gman
    from NC

Got mine today! Watching it later this evening. Thanks, Faith, and congratulations on hanging in against seemingly impossible odds! A true inspiration for us lesser mortals! :D GA

8. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Got mine friday. Great job Faith!!! Well worth tha wait.

9. I got mine today and just watched it.Great job!

10. Jax2A

Jax2A

Yeehaw! Mine came in yesterday's mail, #263! I didn't get home to check until 10pm last night and it was all I could do to keep from watching it. Gonna wait until this weekend when I can sit down with some good beer and snacks and really savor it.

Thanks Faith, can't wait to watch it now... but I'm going to for a few more days.

11. Hallelujah and pass the cornbread!!

The United States Post Office finally decided to deliver my DVD's this morning,,it only took 9 days according to the post make,,but I got it.

Popcorn and a movie tonight!:D HRP

12. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Do they have mail in South Carolina?
    wow what will they get next?
    lol

13. bradroe

bradroe

Got the dvd yesterday and watched it 2 times last nite. Awesome job Faith we really enjoyed it. Well worth the wait.

14. 30TudorSedan

30TudorSedan

I received mine yesterday and can't wait to watch it!

15. bobfrev

bobfrev

Mine came in yesterdays mail, #92, didn't get home until late from work , but plan on enjoying it tonight,

When i first started followings Faith's blog, and she would write how work on the film had to stop becuase she didn't have money to procede paycheck to paycheck, and lets not forget good old visa and mastercard. To get more money to keep going with the idea of pre-selling dvd's to keep the film moving forwad. I figured WTF i can send my $20 to help someones "dream" even if the movie never gets finished and if i never see a dvd it would still be a very small price to pay to help out someone so set on making a dream come true. As i followed along and watched Faith's dream grow, it was the best $20 ever spent for no other reason then that.
    Now that its done and has taken on a life of its own, with so many people donating so much time, equipment and professonial know how to bring one persons small dream to a level that no one, i'm sure even Faith had dreamed of.... To some one that never let her dream die, sold out for extra money, when i am sure it would have been easier then falling down tired doing every last detail herself and never losing / giving up control of her "baby" CONTGRATS AND HATS OFF TO YOU, Faith,
    Without watching a single frame of your movie you have already given so many people so much by following you along and sharing your dream, your love of hot rods and the culture that makes a connection with all of us. BEST OF LUCK ON DREAMS COME TRUE AND THE RIDE THAT AWAITS YOU AS THE DREAM CONTINUES.

16. Nort

Nort
    from Anaheim

Congratulations Faith! :D

Congratulations and Thanks to all involved in helping to make this film a
    reality. :D:D

Just received my DVD's yesterday, :D

I won't get a chance to watch it until Friday. :cool:

17. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Just ordered my copy last night, looking forward to seeing it!

18. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

Ordered 2. 1 for my old 1957 high school pal. Thanks for all the work. Obviously you are a talented and dedicated lady.

19. flat34pu

flat34pu

got mine yesterday, but been too busy with work to get to it.
    hopefully this friday.
    rich

20. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Faith mine came today # 242 so tonight is the big night

been waiting to see that Black 50 Olds coupe all the cars & action

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  21. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

HEADING OUT TO THE NHRA MUSEUM TODAY :D

with a truck load of DOS merch, film posters, and of course... DVDs!

We'll be playing the teaser on all the museum's screens, including the big one in banquet room, between the two dragsters.

I'll be there from about 2PM until closure, so hope to see a few of you there!!
    This is the last Twilight cruise of the year and we are now contemplating the possibility of having an official film screening when the twilight cruises resume in 2011, either as a drive in situation in front of the NHRA museum :D or at the local theater which is a nice 4 mile cruise away... I'll keep you guys posted.

Special Thanks to Tony Thacker, NHRA museum director, for his support and enthusiasm.

Bob, I am going to be very honest here and say I was pretty moved by your post... And got a bit emotional :eek: when I read it. Thank you for your kind words...

hey Bill, love that deuce on your avatar. SWEET...

You're gonna get all of that PLUS a lot more stuff you aren't expecting! Be prepared!

22. rockstar96

rockstar96

Hi Faith.
    My copy of DOS was waiting for me on the doormat when i woke up this morning,now that is the sort of suprise i love,have just finnished watching it and though it is -2 degrees out side with snow and ice every where mine must be the only house with a warm glow around it.
    Faith you should be extremly proud of what you have done here along with all the Hambers who have helped with supplying all the period stuff,cars,props,and stories relating to the day,will you all please stand up and pat each other on the back for a job very well done!!!!!!!

From freezing UK

Dave ( copy No 3253)

23. Moondog Man

Moondog Man

LOL, just got email today from my colleague from Wimbledon. He's staying home because of the snow! Boy I'd love to stay at home everytime it snows a little :)

(How about it Ari? You are keeping the tank trucks rolling NORTH of the Arctic Circle 365/24/7!!)

Keep Up the Beat!

Moondog Man
    Southern Finland

24. daddio211

daddio211

Just received my copy of DOS in the mail today, number 1115! Thanks Faith, we'll be watching it this evening! :)

25. DRD57

DRD57

Got it yesterday and watched it last night.

Congratulations on the accomplishment. I commend you for following your dream. This was obviously an incredible amount of work for one person to manage. Writing, music, filming, acting, directing, editing... and you did very well at every one of them.

Very well done. You are an inspriation.

26. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

I am eagerly looking forward to receiving my copy in the mail!:D:cool::D

27. ty1295

ty1295
    from Indiana

Got mine in mailbox yesterday and sat down and threw it in, figured the rest of life can just wait 2 hrs.

Watched it again tonight with the girlfriend, and kids even. Everybody was into the movie start to finish. Never a dull moment. After wards the girlfriend couldn't talk to me for about an hr about the movie. Finally asked her to rate it on a scale of 1-10 and got a 10.

Very well done Faith. Sending one of my Autographed copies to my dad to have as he is what got me into the hot rod world and cars, kind of like Johnny and his dad. Ok a lot like it. He is still around but we are now separated by 2500 miles of land.

28. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

I got my DVD in the mail already and watched it twice,very impressed with it.Very good job..#382

29. Faith,
    Got my copy a couple of days ago.....really enjoyed the work that you put into it.....and I'm now going thru the "narrated" viewing and am enjoying it even more!.....You went "over and above" to create this piece of work.....I'm proud of YOUR accomplishments!!!!

30. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Faith. Ya' done good. Can't wait to give my friend his copy. I liked it even more the 2nd time. I may have to buy another copy after you stop autographing them, I don't want to mess up the autographs. I think you already have a "cult classic" on your hands. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.