Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs My Ford 51 Top Chop From Argentina

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Path Thirteen, Jul 30, 2010.

1. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Contact GambinoKustoms here on the HAMB he'll give you some good prices on what you will need

2. Thanks boys !
    Im talking with alex for the air bag setup !!

i was wondering about the interior of the car, i want a WW2 Bomber look for the dash, some inspirational pics ??

3. Wow nice to see a build going on in South America

4. Thanks boys !!
    I sent to Alex Gambino a message and he is helping me with this mess !!
    Tomorrow im gonna work on the car so i think in the night im gonna post some pictures.
    See ya!

5. Path howwdy!

Some grills pics... I know they are hard to find here but who guess...

Attached Files:

6. Thanks for the pics sergia haha :D

7. billys54

billys54

8. Razorshotrods

Razorshotrods
    from Phoenix

That is gonna be tits man, great inspiration!!

9. oldman2

oldman2

Caught your post today for the first time, man you are doing a great, great job, keep up the work and keep posting.

10. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Just found this post myself and read it all the way through. Great stuff Path! I believe that car is gonna be one fine looking ride when you finish. As for the pics of you sandblasting with no gloves, holy shit dude! That stuff stings huh? There's gotta be gloves in Argentina! Hey, whatever it takes.
    What are your plans for the engine? subscribed

11. Thank you Willy !!

haha :D Thank you !!

Thank you Oldman !! keep on tuned, this gonna be a long, pain in the ass work, but you know what they say ! no pain no gain !!

Thank you for taking time to read the whole post, more than a simple top chop this proyect is a "buil-resto-chopp" haha, For the sandblasting comment, My uncle build that sandblasting machine, its homemade and you can adjust the pressure of the air, so you can sandblast some rusted part and dont mess the part, like the "industrial" or more powerfull sandblasters that makes holes in rusted or pieces with pinholes, and yeahhhhh... it itches like hell but i can handle it !

For the engine im plannig keeping the Flathead, it runs good... some valve noise... a little burn of oil, i have one water pump that leaks from the shaft, but the importat its that run, im planing to boy a full set of gaskets, and id like to put some aluminium heads and a 2 carburetor aluminum intanke manifold, and some fentom headers... but that stuff is expensive even there in the states, here in argentina i have to pay a lot of customs fees (they charges me, the 50% the cost of the product and the 50% of the shipping cost) the left your ass in flames. so now, thats what i want, but i think im gonna let the flathead stock and if i can make that big investment someday.

This country suck !!

Thank you for the comments folks, tonight im gonna upload more pictures... im leaving now to the shop to start working whit the shoebox !!
    see ya !!

Have a nice Weekend !!

12. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Cool ride man. I like it. Keep us posted dude. I'd really like to see how this finishes up.

13. Thanks Rusty76!!!

14. Shoeboxke

Shoeboxke

Wow you're shoebox getting a full restorationcustomshoploweringjob!!!
    Keep the pics coming I'm working on a 4door shoebox and have a plenty of work on it.
    The same thing you are doing tar removal inside the car it's everywhere!!
    I'm not shopping mine but doing a kustom job on it.
    Greetzz from Belgium

Percy

15. Cool !! its good to know that im not the only one that im messed up!! hahaha yeah, its a hard work, the car is like frankestein, patches everywere, tar, multiple paintjobs, its a nightmare, but well... its all i have !!
    I want to see your build!! i like cutomized 4 doors !!

Thanks!!

Path

16. Well here i am again with a little update that stuff we did yesterday, still tearing apart the car to finish the roof panel, new doors and some body work in order to get the body off the clip and star working with it.

Here we go!

Cleaning ! tar's everywhere !! fuckkk!!
    [​IMG]
    Before
    [​IMG]
    It was a Tar sled instead of a lead sled ! haha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finally i have al cleaned and ready to sand blast!
    [​IMG]
    I took the hood out and i removed all the paint in the upper part of the firewall
    [​IMG]
    And it have tar too... im cursed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mr Gasser came to the shop to give me a hand
    [​IMG]
    Im not a big fan of the trees, but... here's my little contribution to the global warm
    [​IMG]
    The dash came out too !!
    [​IMG]
    Ok, stop the destruction part, lets do some construction
    Uncle Dan's Came in with his magic torch
    [​IMG]
    Oh i forgot, heres my windshield size
    [​IMG]
    Magic has begun!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After a lot a hammering... its done
    [​IMG]
    Well i think if someone want to ride in the back seat, better think about claustrophobia
    [​IMG]
    See ya boys !!

17. ratstar

ratstar

Hey man I'd rife around back seat in that any time! Looks killer.

18. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

You are an inspiration. If you ever get to LA, send me a message; I'd like to meet you.

19. jfrolka

jfrolka

Damn you guys are kicking ass. In the pics the body seems to be really wavy but you guys are straightening as you go... are you just hammer/dolly it straight or using an english wheel?? Keep on it, you guys are doing a really good job!!!!

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Rock on, you make me happy.

21. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

"It was a tar sled instead of a lead sled!"

lol, I hate it when that happens! One of the less pleasant aspects of a resurrecting an old car for sure! Thats okay Path, that car is gonna be bitchen!

22. Haha, okay, id like to take the car to the states to a car show, but well... thats gonna be hard, but isnt impossible, hope i can someday!
    thanks for your comment

I wish i can go to visit the states, im a rockabilly/country slapbass player, im playin here with my friend mack stevens (Corsicana, Tx) when he comes here to visit and record some songs... but i wish i can go there... but the problem is i dont wanna come back here :( hahaha

HI !! yeah the body is fucked up, lots of repairs, fiberglass and couple of wrecks... but we are doing the right thing.. we dont have english wheel right now, just hammer/dolly !!
    Thank you for the comments!! keep tuned!

HAHA, cool... im happy to read that too!!

Thank you !! yeah... the baddes part ever, but i dont want a tar sled haha ! the old flathead is a little bit tired to drag all that tar !! haha

Thank you for your comments !!
    see yaaa !

23. gassergarage

gassergarage
    from argentina

24. Hola Puto

Welcome to the hamb !

25. Howdy Friends... That dont move me... lets go real reeeeal gone for a change!
    haha, Im joking... Wel here i am again with a little Funny Update.

Well... Started to take the doors out of the car... someone maybe a long time ago welded de the nuts of the door ingles to the bolt... haha, This car a challenge, something that whould take 5 minutes takes 1 hour... but well... lets do this!
    Cleaning some tar before the surgical time
    [​IMG]
    There are the Welded Bolt N Nuts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Melted the bolts finally! and now i want to introduce yourself... Shoebox Skeleton! haha
    [​IMG]
    Oh i forgot, Mr gasser came and helped me cleaning the front suspension... lots of paint over the grease and oil, really nasty... but helped to protect the stuff !
    [​IMG]
    A shot of the roof, its not the tipical chop i think... becouse all the roofs i have seen in pictures isnt like this one, it took a time to understand if i like it or not, but definitvely i like it... looks more "stock" and if you look the car from the back dont look weird. i like it !
    [​IMG]
    Well lets take a break to do some funny stuff ! (there's nothing personal, please dont get mad)
    [​IMG]
    My Fuclcon
    [​IMG]
    I love this one
    [​IMG]
    Well... lets keep on working
    Uncle Dan Welded The new fresh metalsheet roof panel!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Uncle Dan 50's Style
    [​IMG]

Well Roof is not finished, nees a lot more of work/welding/hammering
    But its turning out good !!
    Thanks!!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  26. Hey guys, i was thinking about suicide doors for the shoebox, what do you think about it ? i want a 50's customs, nothing fancy just a tipical 1950's full custom...

27. Come on guys !! Suicide Doors Or Not ??

28. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I say yes. Although im not sure how 50s they really are they sure will look great.
    Also, they way youre workin on the car is more traditional than many traditional styled cars get built. So i say you could get away w/ a little something not so periodcorrect.
    Keep at it.

29. Thanks BoneZ! I know that in the fifties maybe nowbody wants suicide doors on the cars, or at least i didnt saw much cars in that period with suicide doors, But i think SD looks cool and weird, and its easy to get off the car becouse the "taller" part of my roof is in the front, so its usefull and goodlookin'!

30. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

There you go, "useful & functional." Pretty much nails it huh Path? I say go for it. "Period correct" is okay, but if you build something you may not like, what fun is that? Or you could compromise, do one side as a suicide door and leave the other side stock. ...Just kidding.