Register now to get rid of these ads!

New car club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotrodhell35, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

Im looking to start a new car club.....any tips, ideas??

2. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

First you gotta have a club name...??? got one?

3. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

yea, make sure you wanna deal with the drama. Started my own club bout 5 years ago with my brother. We've lost 4 members due to drama.

Kinda bullshit, but we're all friends. We only started on because we already hung out all the time and walked around shows 10 people strong. Its all good fun.

4. Gator

Gator

Lotsa threads on this already, try a quick search.

Seems people either love 'em or hate 'em.

5. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

Im thinking The Inliners. Im not 100% sure. Its going to be well, rods n customs with inline motors

6. inlinr6

inlinr6

car clubs are a pain in the ass...just my opinion one or two people end up doing most the work,no one can do anything because of family obligations, graduations,ect.I'm in a club now and we cant agree on doing anything.some of my close friends have a make shift club B.O.F burned out fuckers we meet if someones garage is open and sit and bullshit or work on something.no schedule,no agenda,no votes,unless its who's makin the beer run.no plaques,jackets or logos'.I hope you have a good bunch of guys and it works out for you.

7. inlinr6

inlinr6

There is a midwest chapter of the International inliners that meets once a month in Davenport.they take guests,and are mostly hot rodders some restorers.PM me and I can give you more info if your interested.

8. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

Thanks for the wisdom. I just dont want a "jacket" club. I want close friends that want to get cars built, drive em, have fun, do poker runs and host shows/benefits.

9. 76cam

76cam

I help start one like the other guy said one or two of you will have to plan stuff and hope everyone else shows up.We also dont have any major rules or club dues that seems to help with the drama.Just rember people will say there gonna show up then dont so you cant let that bother you. Hope this helps.

11. casper

casper

clubs are for seals! (had to say it)

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like you guys are already doing the things you want the club to accomplish. Just keep hanging out, doing things together and having fun. The "club" will end up destroying everything you already have. I speak from experience.

Frank

13. You can do all this without joining or creating a club.

14. Otto's

Otto's
    from Tampa

Id just keep it as a group of friends that likes cars. No "requirements" for cars or shows. Once its a club it all goes downhill. IMHO

15. Find somebody you have only one thing in common with and would otherwise avoid, then piss them off right away.

It'll save you a lot of time.

I hang out with like-minded friends and we have a name for the group of us as a whole.

16. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

heres my advice, DON'T!!! Me and my dad have been building hot rods my whole life and we've been in 4 or 5 clubs and they all turn ot the same way, politics and drama its just not worth it. Find some buddys to cruise with and just have a good time. We cruise 3 or 4 nights a week when the weathers good and have just as much fun as any club

17. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

We have a club with maybe 90 members.
    No dues, no real rules, meet once a month if you want to show up, if not that's O.K. any car is welcome.
    We post upcoming car shows and the place and time we will leave from, again if you want to show up O.K. if not O.K.
    We don't do or help at any shows that does not give 100 % of the proceeds to the charity they are representing.
    Just a bunch of folks that like cars.

18. smarg

smarg

Clubs got started because of good friends.

Gotta have those.

Stay away from money etc..

Oh and don't forget about the cars.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's what the Iron Lords are about. If we didn't have a club and shop to surround around we'd still be doing what we do. I think that's the most important part of being in a club is being close and supporting each other first and foremost. The benefits, runs, jackets, parties and all that are byproducts of productivity with in the club.

I do agree that most of the work falls on select few members but that goes with anything really. Some people have to take back seats so that things can get done without conflict of interests. I like to choose a few things that I'd like to accomplish and once I get those finished I take a step back and see if others want to step up.

Anyways, I think starting a club should be a decision that's made after you have the friends there to support it. No sense in recruiting a bunch of assholes before you KNOW them.

20. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

Thats very true. Thanks guys youve definately made me think!

21. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Friends will stay friends, a club can drive a wedge in that friendship.
    IMHO don't do it!
    Good Luck with your idea.

22. wolfman52

wolfman52

Why a new car club??No local clubs in your area your familiar with?

23. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

Haha wolfman! Any suggestions?! : )

24. wolfman52

wolfman52

Oh I'm not sure I know much about the local clubs.Do you really want to start your own? There is a hell of a lot of drama involved.You just never make everyone happy no matter what you do.

25. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

yea....you guys still rockin with the HRHR?

26. YES- start a club !

Lots of cool stuff to do as an organized group

Send me private message and i'll give you from experience the do's and don'ts

27. Billy54

Billy54
    from Houston

I wouldnt do it. Like many above say...

28. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

Got a box of "club jackets" from dickies......why? Because nobody can decide on a fuc*** design for the club logo. Just leave it alone, spend your energy on the cars not the other B.S.

29. monsterflake

monsterflake

lube. LOTS of lube...

30. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hahahah!!! That's number one in the Iron Lords manifest. Lots of Lube!