Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Rare Pontiac race car found

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Dad, Nov 6, 2008.

1. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

i was always told the z/11 was a over the counter motor .so how could a 63 chevy be a z/11 ? you could put that motor in any car .

2. I'm glad I got to contribut some of my NOS 63 Tempest parts to the car...

3. Gelinotte

Gelinotte

:)

A hell of a nice story....from the beginning to end...

Rej :cool:

4. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I've followed this story from the beginning...the car turned out great. For you Pontiac fans...you might like this link I posted over in the Thunderbolt thread. Several Pontiacs from late 64.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0dbNRbGVD4

5. Z-11 is the option code for the '63 drag race package, just like Z-28 is on a Camaro. A Z-11 car was a package in a complete car, not an "over the counter" engine. It included the aluminum front end among other things along with the 427 engine.

6. monsterflake

monsterflake

7. I just found this thread, looking for info on Lyman Kidwell. I was in high school in Lawton, OK in the 60's. My buddies and I would go to the Pontiac dealers' used car lot and drool over the factory Pontiac race car that had been ordered for Lyman. He died before the car was delivered and then it sat for sale for months...... I don't remember / ever knew what happened to that car. Way too much money for high school kids, but boy did we dream.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    Charleegirl1977 likes this.
  8. Tenney

Tenney

9. monsterflake

monsterflake