Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found in a ravine.... Time to go back with a sawzall!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AstroZombie, Nov 27, 2010.

1. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Stumbled across this hulk a week or so ago, fought to get to it to even get some pictures. (The trip back UP the ravine was far more difficult than going down!) There is a mangled frame under the car and a decent looking dashboard if you don't mind all the bullet holes. Anyway, here are a few pics. The car is on BLM land about 20 miles up a nearly impassable dirt road from a ghost town. I'll be calling around to see if I am even legally allowed to take the car or pieces from it. Not sure how much I want to salvage... or how much I can even get back up the hill. For sure will be cutting the steering wheel, dash and cowl top off of the car. Anyway, enjoy the pics! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Any bones in it?

3. Your scaring me buddy, you mean like tibias and femurs or like split wishbones-bones :eek:

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

how about skulls?

5. Eight433

Eight433

I'd be willing to bet, if it WERE full of broken wishbones, it would be the smaller halves :D

6. That car gives new meaning to " suicide doors "

7. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Haha, no bones!! Or skulls....! I did approach cautiously though. I hate bees and usually have a knack for finding them. Then I get stung and my wife laughs at me. :) No bees, no bones!

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sawzall? You're not going to cut that up and make a Hot Rod are you?:rolleyes:

9. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Hell no, I'm gonna make a Rrrrrr aaaat Rodddd!!! :D:eek::D

If it wasn't a 4 door I'd call Jim Sibley and we'd be at Barrett Jackson in a week!

10. toddc

toddc

Make plenty of noise while you're there. Wouldn't want to get shot!

11. henry29

henry29

Looks like a 1940 dodge

12. scratchtown

scratchtown

Puts a whole new meaning to salvagable

13. Truckedup

Truckedup

That's a real gem....gotta be lots of usuable parts.

14. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

There used to be stuff like that around where I live here in southern WV , but , jobs are scarce , and people around here haul that stuff off to the scrap yard before you can think about getting to it , if you got a job , you miss out of the junk rolled over hills here , then there's the junkie that has to get hi fix , that's a whole other story though...

15. don't forget extra batteries!

16. R Pope

R Pope

Looks like a '41 Plymouth, but I don't see anything worth climbing back down there! Maybe take a spray can and write "R.I.P" on it?

17. TECH TIP............if you go back down today- don't wear camouflage

18. rustdodger

rustdodger

Ahhh.. the door jams for the back doors look to be in pretty good shape.

19. rusty28a

rusty28a

hmmm, yours is bigger than mine! Just found this weekend!

Attached Files:

20. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Man, that will be a challange...but sounds like fun.....for you.....not me...If'n I tried to get down there, I would never get out, even with a boom crane...:eek:
    Good luck!
    Cheers,
    Bob

21. turdytoo

turdytoo

I can remember when would would look for stuff that didn't need patch panels.

22. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

If it's a Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, etc I could use the button cap that is on the push release/vent lock on the wind wing. It's the piece that I'm pointing to/my finger is under.

Attached Files:

23. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Not a problem! It's a haul to get where the car is, but I do plan on going back. If those little buttons are still on the car (and not shot to shit) I'll grab em for ya.

I think I'll grab whatever I can from the car. Sheetmetal too, you never know when you'll need a window section or a pre-made compound curve. As you can tell my wife is pretty tolerant of me dragging crap home! :D

24. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Thanks in advance. Let me know what happens. And the fact that your wife allows to to drag crap home is one hell of an added bonus!

25. niterunner71

niterunner71

where in southern wv do you live? i am in bluefield (bluewell)

26. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

You know, I don't think it is a mopar..... If you look at the second pic I posted there is a pronounced bodyline on the front fender. Like 3 beads rolled into the side. I have been searching different images and can't find one with the same markings... Anyone have a clue what this thing is?

27. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Yeah she wasn't too happy about the '23 T she had to stare at out the kitchen window the past few months!! Luckily the new owner finally came and picked it up.

28. ClayPigeonKiller

ClayPigeonKiller

Up for sale we have a rare classic car. Could be made drivable with only a paint job and a little TLC or has lots of great parts. Ran great when parked!

$1,500 OBO

;)

29. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Watch out for SNAKES !

I hate me some SNAKES.........

30. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Heck yeah, I need to dig it outta there!!! I mean just LOOK at all the air conditioning installed on the door!

I don't mind snakes, just BEES!