Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1957 Ford Ranchero (Mild Custom - Facelift)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nitro-Flattie1, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Pulled the brows...
    [​IMG]

2. Now were ready to start to body work. Thats all for now.:D

3. iFlip

iFlip
    from San Angelo

was a killer looking car before you took it apart! Can't wait to see more progress on it.

4. 55 Plymouth is what I was told.

5. carlboyd

carlboyd
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Really like that air bag setup and the taillights. Beautiful Ranchero!

6. 42 chevy

42 chevy

I love it! The bed would be better if it was more useful, but real nice car and great work.

7. I know - Im not a big fan of the "mini truck" look. BUt I do like the way the car lays out.
    Down the road it can change if the bags dont work out.:D

8. 562roadster

562roadster

GEEZ! Great job! The tail lights are awesome

9. Thanks.

10. really sick ranchero. i wouldn't agree with un bagging the rear, but maybe in the future making it a little less "showy" you could definately geat a lot of your bed space back just by moving those bags, tanks, compressors and doing away with a lot of that tubing. but i definately understand why youre leaving it (hell its done, work on more needed shit first right). awesome build man. it's already got that look

11. I know - I started to plex out a little but it was in bad shape and it needs a little life put back in it. More updates soon for sure.

Picture it - same burgandy color - 15" chrome reverse wheels with a 1" white wall and cranberry and vanilla shake interior - white tonnoue cover with chrome snaps.

12. Thanks.

13. I know - i wish the bed was more useful - just about big enough for an ice chest...and thats it.

14. Thanks man -I became a fan as soon as I saw Mr. Musico's with the tail lights.

15. Right - It is a little much for a bag job - but its done / works well. I knew I would be covering it up with a bed floor and tonnoue cover. I wanted to focus on paint and interior.

16. Wow, you've really made a lot of progress since I saw it Thursday night. Awesome, can't wait to see more.

17. rat nasty

rat nasty

im amazed! great lookin ride!

18. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Go man Go! Thats a kool ride.

19. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Very very nice...
    Good for you !!!
    Who says Fords aren't cool ! :D

20. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Sweet ride. I have owned 2- 57 Rancheros and would give anything to have the last one back. The grill is 55 Plymouth all right. That is what I am working on now. Good luck with the build. Are you going to set those headlights back any? Saw an article on swaping in 53 ford truck headlight buckets, that allow the headlights to not be so bugged eyed. It was in Street Rod Builder April 2001. I can email you a copy if interested.

21. Turbo442

Turbo442

That's going to be a cool ride.

Psst! Chop it!
    Here are a few shots I took at Billetproof.

Attached Files:

22. cycledelicjohn

cycledelicjohn

That raunchero is bad & bagged 2 the bone !!!!

23. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

24. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Nice work, looks really sharp! When something sits that low and tucks a lot of whitewall, you sure get over the whole "mini-truck" influence quick. I know the feeling when you get that new project and have all that motivation to get stuff done on it..
    Do you have any idea what that gas tank is from?

25. lasctchance

lasctchance
    from Oakley, ca

Go buddy Go!! Im happy to be apart of it!!

26. lazyv8

lazyv8

im so glad we bought those 22'' colorado custom rimz for that bad azz mini truk!

27. Man, i dig that Ranchero alot. Sits just fiine. Built a "roadster" of a '57 Rancho a few years ago..they just look sooo sick down on the ground with big WW:s and draggin...Nice job!
    Hope to see it at our show July 2:nd!!

28. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

cool car! looking good, only thing i would add is some kind of quad headlights like 58 mopar of some sort or graft on 58 ford headlight area

29. shame to cover that frame work, cool car. i remember seeing it layd out at the show.