Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1957 Ford Ranchero (Mild Custom - Facelift)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nitro-Flattie1, Nov 28, 2010.

1. We picked up a winter project - I spotted it on Craigslist and at the Northern California Billet proof show this past September. A week after the show it was home. She a solid runner - 302 / c-4 set up - 9 inch out back. I bought from a guy up in Napa but he did not know any history on the car. Its bagged on all 4 corners - Rear C-notched.
    It was in dire need of TLC. Paint peeling - Doors sagging - The gaps are all out of wack & zero interior. The price was right and we moved on it. The foundation is solid. The bag job was done really well and was able to track down that it was done in the Sacramento area.
    If anyone recognizes the car - please chime in.

Anyway - we have started to tear her down for a fresh paint job and some interior. Enjoy.
    LazyV8 - Lastchance - You Guys have been a big help! Thanks for everything so far. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  2. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Don't know any history for ya. But that is a great looking Ranchero.

3. Time for a new bed floor - 1" angle and some light weight box tubing.
    [​IMG]

4. Not much room for storage - she will get a cover to cover the floor up.
    [​IMG]

5. sololobo

sololobo

Very nice karma on the ride!! Good Luck with it , should be a great time. Congrats! ~Sololobo~

6. milo1957

milo1957
    from modesto ca

any idea what the grill is off?

7. The Shocker

The Shocker

Looks like a 55-56 Plymouth to me and it looks pretty damn cool in it IMO ...

8. metal man

metal man

57 is my favorite Ranchero.The grill looks like it grew there,very nice.Only thing I'd change would be to get rid of all that silly stuff in the bed and put some proper springs under it.Great looking ride though.

9. Time for the 58 Bermuda lights. Mr. Musico - Thanks for sending over the deatiled pictures of your rig. Lastchance - thanks for making it happen.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  10. Filled the fuel door
    [​IMG]

11. i aggree nice rancho otherwise

12. Pulled the front valance and the bumpers.
    [​IMG]