Register now to get rid of these ads!

I have a inside hook up to this

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bluestang67, Nov 28, 2010.

1. bluestang67

bluestang67

1929 Model A pick-up clean and engine turns over . Lets hope the owner gets my message . Wife is reluctant but what should I do ???

Attached Files:

2. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

what should you do? if you don`t know gimme the address and i`ll takr care of it for ya......jk....jump all over it!!!!

3. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i would fix it up a bit and drive the hell outta her!

4. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Nice.............

wish i was a whole lot closer i'd take it.

5. Go for it......... NOW!

6. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Listen to your wife , dont want piss the little wifey off , need to go to the local hardware store to pick up the stuff to fix the things little wifey want done...so , that being said , I piss mine off regularly , where's it at?:D

7. just do it! life is short

8. mrforddude

mrforddude

Trade the wife for the truck...probably cost ya less in the end...but not quite as cozy on those cold winter nights...

9. brady1929

brady1929

i would try to buy it

10. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Good luck

11. 1320/150

1320/150

Sounds like you still have a hill to climb!!! good luck!! I'd buy it and hide it!!

12. Hemi8me

Hemi8me

Get it!!!!!!!
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

This isn't meant as a bashing but if the wife makes the final decisions your going to have trouble if you buy it.:(

Frank

14. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Bummer 'bout the wife thing,
    ah ..er where is it again?

15. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

My wife has no problem with me dragging home old fords. In the effort of avoiding marital strife, I say you bring me into the loop. ;):D

Seriously, looks like a perfect pickup project!

16. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Just Buy it ,Would make a real nice Christmas gift .I always try to buy my own gift ,I never get what I want and after spending money on my family ,I deserve it ,

17. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

Hahaha reminds me of a friend of mine and his obsession with dirt bikes. He owned 6 but his wife thought he only had one as they were all orange KTMs and he would never let her see more than one at a time.

Yea, buy n hide.

18. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

That looks like a nice little truck, if your life is ready for it I would buy it. it's not like a puppy, it won't piss all over the house, chew up the wifes carpet or puke on your pillow. Worst case scenario is that you croak next week and she sells it to one of us for a grand more than she paid for it. Unless you have a stack of these in her kitchen window view or have her cash strapped she should let you buy it, it keeps you a stranger at the local tavern.

19. flatford39

flatford39

Where's that thing located??? Any idea what it will go for??

20. Hey Bobby,

Awesome truck! It needs that set of barn-wood sideboards lettered in faded paint that says "The Hot Rod Grille Winfield, WV" (and be parked in my garage!). I'd drive the crap out of that sucker. Oh, by the way, Donna looked at the pic and said I could have it for Christmas. Bring it with you when you come home for the holidays!

Jim

21. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

When ever i buy a new project I just tell her its gonna be hers (she has a pretty good collection right now) Oh BUY THAT THING NOW

22. sakelley22

sakelley22
    from Easley SC

I use to have that wife problem now I have more projects and a girl friend.... I think this way is better

23. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

If you have an "inside hook up" as your title states, why do you have to hope the owner gets your message. :confused:

24. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife used to complain a bit when I'd buy one and tell her about it later. But after I bought 3 or 4 OT cars and pickups that were screaming deals, and turned them for a profit, she came to the realization that I wouldn't buy something that wasn't a good deal. I've bought and sold a few OT vehicles, but I still have every car that I've ever owned that was built in 1956 or earlier. Now she just occasionally hints that there might be a couple too many old cars in the shed. I just respond that there might be one too many wives in the household, and remind her that I was deep into the old cars and motorcycles long before I met her. She knew what she was getting into.........

25. cruzr

cruzr

Thats exactly why i dont have a wife.....

buy it

26. bluestang67

bluestang67

She complains That I already have 3 toys and don't need another LOL. But your right if it comes threw i will own it I cant let this go.

27. bluestang67

bluestang67

Some one I know who found it and is a little tight at the moment came to me with the thought . He is doing the connection for me .

28. modelaman

modelaman
    from sunland ca

Make it her truck and let her help you get it in good running shape and let her pick the color.

29. The fastest way to end up with a neutered street rod. The NSRA is full of this crap. :rolleyes:

If you can afford it without putting the family finances in jeopardy, buy the damn truck it & build it how you want.

JH

30. bluestang67

bluestang67

All I want to do to this one is wash the dirt off and get it running as is . My wife is not into cars at all and really cares less :) . Car funds are separate from the house I hate to wait on parts so I order things far in advance so when its time every thing is there .

She just thinks I have to many thats what I need to change is her way of thinking LOL:D I came at her with this real slow like slipping pics in her FB wall LOL