Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Video: The Wade Coupe.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Nov 15, 2010.

1. lorodz

lorodz

great work .as always ..keep it up

just 1 question after you grind down your welds and hamer,dolly them what grit sand disc is on the d A sander to finish it off looks really smooth 220 ?

2. SteadyT

SteadyT

Man, this is easily my new favorite show.

Bass, I lurk your blog every few days to see what's up. I wanted to say thanks for keeping up on it; wish more killer builder's out there would. It's one of the better blogs in my opinion.

3. volksjunky

volksjunky

I have to ask,whats the reasoning behind rounding the corners on all of your cuts? I honestly have never seen it done like this.Absolutely amazing work,and thank you for taking the time to share !

4. fitzee

fitzee

How did I miss this post.Just watched all the videos. I really enjoy your work. I love how you finish off each weld. I don`t have the chance to see work like this up close. Not too many of us around here at it so I had to teach myself. Love learning new techniques and I seen a few I will keep in mind. Keep the videos coming.

I see your doing another Chevy. 52 this time? I thought it was the 49 you did but seen the quarters. Sorry looked at the videos twice,once to see the build and twice to see what was around your shop.lol

5. Patdoody

Patdoody

I was wondering the same thing.

6. DAMN, it don't get any better then this, thanks Brain for taking the time to share this with us.

7. fitzee

fitzee

I might be able to help you there. When you do a lot of patch work and just square things off you will find the corners will be high or low after welding and hard to flatten out. Do it enough times and you will start rounding off you corners. This is how I figured it out.lol Now I don`t do it as much as Bass does it because it is very time consuming as you can tell in the videos but on the other end look at the finished product.There is a bunch of great tips in these videos.I really enjoyed them.

8. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

this guy is a true artist.how many hours in that roof?

9. RodStRace

RodStRace

I am just starting to try to beat metal, and am poor at it. This series of vids makes me want to try to do better, but the biggest thing I got out of it is that even someone like Mr. Bass with all his talent and experience has to beat on it a lot when his welding and fitting is that good. Thanks for all of it!!!
    I really want to thank the videographer for the great work too. None of the crappy shaking, too close, zoom in crap, just good honest documenting of the whole process!

10. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Part 11 is up...and it's the last in this series. Thanks for all the comments, and thanks for watching them!

11. Thank's Brain ! I don't care if tom, joe , dick or harry does the chop. It's the way you do it and It looks FUC*kING MINT!!!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  12. Chemin

Chemin

Thanks for the series. It just goes to show that's there's always a new way to do things after 80+ years.

13. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Looks pretty mean, I think...
    [​IMG]

14. hasty

hasty

Fantastic.
    Thank you very much for showing the videos. I have learned a lot and they were great fun to watch. Thanks again.

15. lorodz

lorodz

looks..perfect..

16. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

Bass,
    Thank's for the giving us the opportunity to watch a real craftsman practice his art... It's a welcome relief from the beat to fit, paint to match world in which we live...

17. Thanks! Just watched #11, that thing has a "weesneresque" look to it. Nice work Brian, thanks for sharing. Trent

18. Thanks for letting us look over your shoulder. You get so much accomplished with so little outlay in tools. Your skill and insight are amazing to watch.

19. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Thanks Brian, it's a pleasure to watch someone good at his craft.:D

20. I would agree Brian. That bitch has some serious "curbspeed". I'm just saying! Did ya get my pm about my idea?

21. Oldsmobucket

Oldsmobucket

great videos! ready to see more of the build. thanks for taking to the time to post them.

22. Trawler_Scott

Trawler_Scott

X 2 Great stuff !

23. groundpounder

groundpounder
    Member Emeritus

X 3!!! awesome work and awesome videos!! Thanks!

24. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

Very nice work!

25. whats "curbspeed" have to do with this (lol) ! Great build , thanks for sharing.. Great Coupe can't wait to see the finished car ! WOW

26. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Early on Brian says:

My goal is to make it look like it's movin' when it's standin' still.

God, I love that! Love everything about this thread & this build.

27. very nice work and thanks for sharing

28. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Man you make that stuff look easy. Great videos a great job you are doing. You inspire me.

29. 57283

What a metal artist! You have great vision! Cant wait for the next vid.

30. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

That was a lot of fun! Enjoyed the hell out of it!