Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures In A Nut Shell...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 12, 2010.

1. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

All i can say is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"keep up the good work Ryan".
    And the old movies and videos are the greatest. We need things like this to look back on. When things were good. And fun. 64 years old here. I should know. Thanks.

2. OH, Holy crap!this generated 31 pages and a seperate social group!:eek: I am amazed! The H.A.M.B. a danger to the fabric of hotroding? I thought it was the thread that sewed it into seat covers and tuck and roll!

3. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I dont know why the magazine guy is so worried.A long time ago there were more fiberglass 32`s than Ford ever made and they are still multiplying.There were only so many early cars made and they are being used up wrecked etc. every day.Its obvious where hot rods are headed in the future.It will be the same as it is today.A small group will have origional cars and thousands of others will be fine with newer production ones. So while this era of traditional cars is fun for a while,some will stay and some will go.It is a very small segment of the hot rod community.It has its place and always will but it is not a threat to the hot rod world.This thread has had 611 replies.Thats how many people are even concerned here.It hardly compares to a paid magazine subscription population of over a couple hundred thousand.Most of those subscribers are not on this site and have no idea that this discussion has even taken place.The magazines are selling less subscriptions for the same reason every other business has slowed down.The economy has been hurt and many people have tightened their belts.Hard feelings over this subject is a waste of time.

4. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

wow! Janet...catch a clue...the world is a changing! its a good think we ALL don't like the same thing...and if you don't want to watch, read, etc...change the channel!
    Kuddos to Ryan!...I get alot of the mags...take what I need off of them...and If I don't like the spin...I turn the page.

5. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Very well said! Jim

6. RodStRace

RodStRace

I tried to get through all the pages and made it through over 50%. Lots of good points, and the members have spoken well.

I offer a couple more points; Gray's 32 roadster was outside SEMA, over in a corner. The mag booth was host to Pro-built cars. I see this as a good thing, Gray's car shouldn't be pimped to hawk the current mags. It also shows what the current (non)caretakers of those titles think is what is important, business sales, not the core readership.

The latest HR has the start of a build. It's a Red Camaro...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  7. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

If fiberglass cars ruined your hobby,you are more insecure than the magazine guy.

8. It seems sarcasm is lost on you?:D

9. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

News Flash: a letter to your Congressman represents the views of approximately 12,000 constituents. A letter to the editors of a magazine represents . . . you get the idea. The 600 or so HAMBers on this thread represent a boatload of traditional hotrod opinions. Yours does not seem to be one of them.

So, careful there Kan, tread lightly. Ryan's world that we all enjoy so much is all about preserving the traditional. So maybe you should search some threads and see for yourself some of the mindblowing sheet metal fabrication skills, etc. that are on display.

10. CruZer

CruZer

Ryan, I've been here since the very beginning. Remember "Lost in Heaven"? I'll be here until the day I die. (I loved the video. Do more !!! )

If I knew who Janet was, I'd give HIM an earful. The arrogant Fuxx !!!

Glenn Roy

PS Yes, I subscribe to Hot Rod,Street Rodder,Rod & Custom and TRJ and I buy Hot Rod Deluxe whenever my social security $$ lets me .!!!!!

11. CruZer

CruZer

Whoa,Mark. That nailed it !!!!!!! I read all of the comments on this thread and this one says it best.
    Glenn

12. Irish

Irish

"Janet" is nuttier than squirrel shit. What is the fabric of hot rodding? Naugahyde?

13. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

well guess i,ll give my cents worth here, altho i,m a little late but I think of the HAMB as a big garage party, with all kinds of rodders, and a din of talking and once in a while someone coming thru the crowd saying something really crazy or wild and some with sage advice and valuable tips, and of course theres some dorks too, which I can line out.

just the kind of party I like.

14. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

WTF!?!?
    I thought all magazine threads got locked???

15. Ryan,

Take out a full page add in Janet's magazine. Sign up for a year's worth of adds so you can put some money in their pockets. Once you do this, you will be okay in Janet's mind.
    I have to commend you...... You lucky bastard. Used imagination, created an idea, dreamed a vision, and are now living a reality. Did you read Napoleon Hill when you were 13?

Slick

"Don't be a Janet"

16. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

Wow! This subject gets quite some attention! Besides the fact that the HAMB has lots of poor language and is the latest fad, there are some here who simply post beautiful history, excellent how-to techs, and helpful information.

17. Fad? The board is going on 15 years old here soon. Fad, I think not:rolleyes:

18. Paul

Paul
    Editor

ipso facto tradition non faddle

19. striper

striper

Paul,

I get the ipso facto...not so much the non faddle.
    ??????

20. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

lmao, fad? clueless... we've been here for a while, we aren't going anywhere. There are quite a few people that have been into this way longer than any fad would last, and they're not going anywhere.

21. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Interest in traditional style Hot Rods and Customs is not a fad...and that's what the HAMB is all about.

22. a "fad" maybe for you ! But not for the people who have been on here since the beginning. as for poor language or grammer big F*$#ing deal. It's all about the iron !

23. Paul

Paul
    Editor

ipso facto; self evident
    fad; short for faddle; a trivial thing
    as in fiddle faddle; to make busy with trivial things

it is self evident that tradition is not trivial

24. tlbob

tlbob
    from colorado

i am young and stumbled upon this site i rarely post more of a lurker and i will say without hesitation i have learned more on this site just by searching in past topics then i ever have from a mag. thanks to all of you.

25. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

I apologize for my crybaby post. I have to admit, I am like the comment above: I have learned more from the Hokey Badword Message Board that any magazine, and it has helped me through puzzles I never would have figured out on my own.

Sorry!

26. I used to like fiddle faddle---crunchy, sweet, salty.....everything to everyone.....kinda like the HAMB

27. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

And Tman and Zman have both answered questions for me before... I apologize!

28. RF

RF

I offer a couple of (valid) counters to those points: 1) the "mag booth" was host to No-Built cars (as in none, zip, zero, nada)...just a bunch of people wearing the same shirts; and B) Gray's roadster was brought to "pimp" the magazines, by the magazines, to be displayed in a clear, wide open area--sans corners--outside the main hall (where they used to have the useless drifting exhibit, aka how to waste a set of tires in an hour). Easy mistake.

29. moefuzz

moefuzz

If just by chance "Janet" is from Rod and Custom, how about sending me my missing issues from July 2010 to Jan 11.
    - I have received only the December issue.
    Maybe a refund is in order before the evil-no-good-for-nuttin "HAMB" puts you out of business?
    just kidding...

just my humble opinion of course.

30. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I think "Janet and all her girly friends " should turn there anger more toward Al Gore after all he did invent the internet!