Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 Ford question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vee 888, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Vee 888

Vee 888
    from texas

Will a 57 ranchero rear bumper fit a 57 Custom 300 sedan, bolt holes may be different but I am more concerned about the licence plate area. Having trouble finding a nice rear original bumper to fit my 300 but plenty of Ranchero bumpers online.

2. pretty sure it will bolt on they use the same frame

you could try a want ad over on 57fordsforever.com

3. Yes, if you get the mount brackets. The bolt hole spacing is different and the over riders for Ranchero have license plate lights in them. Your 300 has the plate light on the body due to the gas filler being behind the plate on the body. The plate mounts on the bumper on the Ranchero. So more bolt holes in the Ranchero bumper.
    The Wizzard

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

The Ranchero/wagon bumper has small extra holes for the wires to the tag lights in the bumperettes. Someone said that the holes for the bumper brackets are spaced differently but I can't confirm that. It's possible that the inner holes are closer together to better illuminate the tag??

5. carkiller

carkiller

Wagon/rancheros have shorter bumper guards to clear the tail gate other wise same I believe.

6. redshoes36

redshoes36
    BANNED

Go to 57 ford internatioal website they know everything there is to know. Also 57 Ford .com has thousands of 57 Ford pictures.

7. Vee 888

Vee 888
    from texas

Thank you all for your help, Love the taillights on the wagon, very nice.