Register now to get rid of these ads!

*MrModelT and Powerwagonmaniac build a T speedster in 6 months!*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrModelT, Jun 23, 2010.

1. MrModelT

MrModelT

...the "Soon to be" hood. Happy? :rolleyes:

2. GARY?

GARY?

I'm planning to do the trip this year in my T also... Let's Convoy!!!!:D Meet up in southeast Oregon, Lakeview or ???? . If I'm not up in Pdx. by then.

I just read the news about Bill. Really sorry to hear the sad news.

3. MrModelT

MrModelT

Thanks man, we miss him dearly.

Sweet! I would be down with that! A soon as I finalize plans, I will put up a "Call to Arms" for all the guys in the western states (and the local guys of course!) who want to join and make it a real "Convoy to Bonneville"!

4. You guys are doing an incredible job! As a father myself I can assure you that Mr. Becker would be delighted beyond belief. In fact, I would go as far to say that he would probably be more thrilled with that car and the circumstances that it came to be than he would be with one he had done himself. And people, I saw Mr. Bill Becker's work for myself in person, and I think he was one of the "greats". I'll talk to you soon.

5. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Clayton, Sounds like we need to make adate to meet up somewhere at Bonneville. I will be either crewing on a Pontiac Fiero (powered by Olds Quad 4) or on Buddy's Flat Cad Powered Chevy Coupe. Looking forward to meeting you and your crew from Portland.

6. MrModelT

MrModelT

Thank you Fred.

Bill taught us both well and I know that he would have felt exactly as you have described here: "Mr. Becker would be delighted beyond belief. In fact, I would go as far to say that he would probably be more thrilled with that car and the circumstances that it came to be than he would be with one he had done himself."

He will ride with "The Special" in spirit for sure!

We certainly do! As I mentioned, once we have set a travel date...I will post a "Call to Arms" to get as many 'rods as I can from the western states to run with us. You are more than welcome to join the "convoy", or if not...we can certainly meet up with each other at Bonneville.

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

I love all the Bonneville talk this early!

8. MrModelT

MrModelT

Well....gotta plan now! Want to get a good sized "convoy" of vintage rods to run with us, so I gotta get the ball rolling.

That trip will be a "test of man and machine" for sure: 1,500 miles round trip, "josephine's" bearings are gonna hate me for sure!:eek:

9. powerwagonmaniac1

powerwagonmaniac1
    from Aloha, OR

Umm... Clayton we gotta get fenders on this thing son!!! See you at the cold shop tonight. I am going to start on the fuel tank holder and back parts for the trunk tonight.

10. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Clayton, Like Brent said "got to love all the Bonneville talk this early" . . . . That's a big "DITTO !" from sunny / windy and chilly SoCal ! BBBBRRRRRRRRR ! ! ! !

11. MrModelT

MrModelT

Happy Thanksgiving all!

[​IMG]

Outback likes this.
  12. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Clayton, Love the family and friends Thanksgiving Card ! It's a great way to remember Bill. Hope you all enjoyed you Thanksgiving !

13. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Very nice!!! Thanks for keepin us posted on the progress.

14. MrModelT

MrModelT

We hope you guys would all enjoy it! You have all been so wonderfully supportive and passionate about Bill and this car since I started this thread and even more so since his passing. We just wanted to send a "Thank you" and good wishes to all of you during the Holiday.

..I plan to more so in the next few weeks as we countdown to....
    THE FIRST FIRING OF THE "BECKER SPECIAL"!

That's right folks, that time is VERY, VERY CLOSE! and we are hopeful to have "The Special" up for test runs before Christmas (making our original goal of "build it in 6 months")

...So stay tuned!

15. MrModelT

MrModelT

NEW UPDATE!

The pedals are done! Chris and I got the all built last night, still have some clean up to do. I made them articulated so that the pedal face stays with your foot when depressed.

Modeled them after the early Franklin pedels.

Attached Files:

16. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Clayton, Love the detail shots as you build Bill's Special. It will be a cruising pretty darn soon !

17. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

looking good clayton. will we be seeing you sunday?

18. MrModelT

MrModelT

Thanks Dave! :)

Thanks! :) Yeah, I will totally be there Sunday. ....just gotta make sure the T still runs first :rolleyes: lol!

19. MrModelT

MrModelT

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]We are so close to starting the "Becker Special" for the first time within the next 2 weeks. The design of the front suspension eliminates the ability to use a hand crank, so I have to rely on a starter. Last week I ordered a starter Bendix assembly, but got the email that they are...... BACK-ORDERED. [​IMG] I CAN NOT start the "Special" without a Bendix

Does anybody in "HAMB Land" have one they can spare?

I need the entire assembly (lower "body", spring, drive head, drive key, ect.)
    [/FONT]

20. MrModelT

MrModelT

To all who have followed this thread, offered so much support with Bill's passing or just said a kind word....Chris and I thank you.

We are also very pleased to announce......

THE SPECIAL LIVES!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fgkd9ouWFeM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fgkd9ouWFeM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

21. That is SO COOL!!! Congratulations guys on a great job!!!

22. 41 Dave

41 Dave

layton, Wish I had speakers on my computer . . . I don't sow ill try it on my lap top. It is great the you made your goal of building the Special so it will run before Xmas. I am sure there was a great smile on Bill's face. It is a great way to clebrate your friendship with the Becker family. Congrats !
    Wish you and the Becker family all the best during this holiday sealson.

23. Fantastic news!!!... now you two just need to have a race between your T and the "Becker Spl" :D

24. GARY?

GARY?

sweet, sweet, music.

25. powerwagonmaniac1

powerwagonmaniac1
    from Aloha, OR

Hi Mac,

Yeah it was very cool to hear my motor run for the first time in years. I just wish dad could have seen it. I've got the perfect road in mind to race Clayton some time! Still need to fix some major oil leaks on the trans mission and put the brake band back in. Would anyone have emergency brake shoes for a large drum model T axle? Or even better a set of Rocky mountain accessory brake for a 26 -27 T axle? We are having an open house and firing party for the Special on January 9 and hopefully drive it around the building as victory lap! Hopefully I can start doing the body and paint side soon. I am getting rather burned out on fabrication. Saturday was huge and thanks to Clayton and friends at the shop we were able to here it run.

Thanks

Chris Becker

26. MrModelT

MrModelT

Thanks! We are both quite thrilled and could not help but get a little choked up when she fired off for the first time.

..Chris and I sure did :D I still have some more tuning work to do on the carb to get her running just right.

Oh, Its only a matter of time before that "Showdown" takes place

"Josephine" Vs. "The Becker Special"

:D

27. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

this is great news. i'll be excited to see this thing in person!

28. MrModelT

MrModelT

Sooner than you think my friend, sooner than you think! :D

29. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Man, she sounds sweet!!! You two have done an excellent job. What a beautiful speedster!!!

30. I presume that you've heard of "Lonesome George and the Delaware Destroyers"? :D