Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest FRAUD ALERT: Any HAMBers in Pasco, WA??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Banana, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

My wife has had someone hack into her bank account and we have been fighting with the bank for about two weeks now trying to prevent the withdraws from continuing. The money is being requested by a "Bonnie and Clyde's Muffler Shop" in Pasco Washington. Neither of us have ever been near there. I am curious if this place even exists? I have googled them and they don't have a website but they do show up as a business on Google.

Just thought with the far reaching HAMB network, that someone might be in the neighborhood who might know what kind of place this is or if it really is a legitimate business?

If they are truely thieves, I would love to come out there and have some batting practice on someone's head... :mad:

Cops and the bank don't even seem to care that someone is trying to steal from us...

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I'd be pulling that account.
    maybe than the bank would give a shit!...

3. pcterm2

pcterm2

4. jjayf

jjayf
    from Yelm, Wa

There are a bunch of car clubs out on the east side... and I am sure many Hambers as well....Have you given them a phone call to see whats up?

5. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Wife is going into the bank in person for the second time tomorrow. I give her one more shot then I go in and it won't be pretty when I do it.

I have googled the shit out of this place but not really finding anything. I was hoping someone could put a real eyeball on the building (if it even exists).

6. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Not yet.. I was going to call them tomorrow but if this place is a scam hole, I'd like to know first. It could be a legitimate business and they are being scammed as well. I hate to rip asomeone a new one over the phone and they are innocent. I was looking for some neutral feedback from a local car guy before I made my phone call...

7. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

Best of Luck !!

8. Careful Bad, they could be a inocent victim just like you. Some P.O.S. in Nigeria, picked thier name out of a hat and is using thier info to scam you. Either way, hope you get it sorted out, and we dont have to bail you out. Check it out carefully, and go there with a law enforcement officer. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING, time, date, etc., etc. GOOD LUCK. BDM

9. Bad, call the main office in Yakima as B&C have several operating stores in that area. Sounds like both you and the local store are being duped.

10. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

When Wells Fargo took over First Interstate Bank, someone was stealing money from my account. I went to the bank and explained the problem and a lock was put on the account. Apparently, it takes a couple of days for it to take affect because the next day, a withdrawal was made. Eventually, all my money was returned. I believed it was someone who worked for First Interstate because most of the branches were closing and the employees were getting laid off. The withdrawals were from several cities over at an ATM. They were suppose to show me the ATM videos. When the money was returned, I asked if they caught the suspect on video. They told me it doesn't matter because they won't prosecute (since I got my money back, I was no longer a victim). It would be bad publicity!!!! I switched banks.!

11. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

This is what I am afraid of. I figure it would be pretty stupid for someone to use their own business to brazenly rip people off. However, I know theives are not the sharpest knife in the drawer. This is why I was not really anxious to call them right up and blame them. Whoever is responsible, probably has layers of deception to hide under. Since neither of us have actually been in the state of Washington, there has to be some connection we are not aware of...

Thanks for everyone's input so far. I'll keep you posted if anything positive developes.

12. brigzee

brigzee
    from Kennewick

I live in Kennewick which makes up part of the Tri-Citys that is Kennewick, Pasco, Richland. And there is a Bonnie and Clyde in Pasco drive past it couple times a week. They have been there ever since I was a kid, I know they got bought out a few years ago. I wouldn't think they would be involved but you never know.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  13. wildearp

wildearp
    from tucson, az

Since this is becoming much more frequent, it will probably happen to all of us soon.

Some banks are good with security and lock your account tight at obvious fraud. Others are not so good. The OP seems to have a bad bank. Compass Bank is another one that is shitty.

If the crappy bank has pre-approved the tranactions, they will let them keep going until your account is drained. You may be able to counteract this by immediately withdrawing ALL of your money.

If you bank is a piece of crap, they will give little attention and really not care about expediently correcting the fraud. They will seem very interested when you close all of your accounts. At that point, no discussion is required.

14. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

There was a Bonnie & Clydes muffler shop in Yakima Wash.

15. Bonnie and Clyde....still robbing people in 2010! Some things are timeless.....

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There still is but it has pretty well gone down hill in the past few years.
    Link to the Pasco store http://www.superpages.com/bp/Pasco-WA/Bonnie-Clyde-Muffler-Center-L0021519696.htm

Pasco seems to be one of those places where people involved in fraud schemes tend to congregate though.

You might make a call to the Franklin county Sheriff's dept http://www.co.franklin.wa.us/sheriff.php
    and or Police dept http://www.pasco-wa.gov/index.aspx?nid=163

I'd report it to your local police dept too as there may be more local people having this happen and having the accounts billed from the Pasco area.

I'll ask one of the Yakima pd officers I work with if they have heard about anything like that through the Yakima store when he comes in.

You might want to go through any online purchases that you made in the past couple of months and see if anything was bought from someone in the PNW too.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  17. brad chevy

brad chevy

Have you dealt with E-bay or Pay-Pal lately as there are fake sites now for both just to get your info.I would definitely be closing that account and changing banks now,don"t wait till you get cleaned out.

18. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

This is how it works, MODS please delete if this is too much info.
    This is often an inside job, which is why the banks don't want to prosecute and publicize it.

1. A bank teller gets your account number out of the computer and gives it to a compadre.
    2. Compadre prints up checks on an ordinary computer printer and presents them to that teller, using a fake ID.
    3. Teller cashes the check over the counter to that person, or a mule they hire off the street.

There is no defense other than to close the account right away. This happened to my brother, even though the account was a Savings account, only, no checks had ever been printed. The perp turned out to be a teller who was cashing checks for a relative.

This is especially prevalent near places with a lot of illegals [Yakima?], since there will also be a thriving industry in fake IDs. My favorite part is that the crooked teller can get a job in another bank, since there was no arrest or conviction, so the first bank is afraid to tell any other employer about it.