Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. That's wild that they continued making the basic round body for 30 years. they only made it here for 4 model years!

2. Rotorranch

Rotorranch

Just finished reading all the posts in this thread. Thought I'd add more Falcon pics here. Not finished, but trying to be right. :)

Long story short, my wife bought this 1964 Futura. A pretty nice, solid original car. 260 V-8, Ford O Matic trans.

Here's early progress on "Buttercup".

[​IMG]

Later progress:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now:

[​IMG]

More pics here, pretty much in chronological order from when we got Buttercup:

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x247/Rotorranch/1964 Ford Falcon Futura/?albumview=slideshow

More to come!

Rotor

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Welcome, Rotor, I recognize Buttercup from The Ford Falcon News.

-Dave

4. bugfink

bugfink

Is the top of the 1963 hoods the same shape as a 1960's? Can the scoop just be cut out and welded in to a 60?

5. Travthis

Travthis

Here's my 60 Ranchero

Attached Files:

6. rztrike

rztrike

This is my daughters 65'. Her daily driver to school and everywhere else in between. Its a 170 cu in. automatic. Her dream is to put Torq Thrust on it with the centers painted the same color of the car. All in due time.

Attached Files:

7. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Nice!

8. Here is something you guys in the US may get a puzzled look over ... this is my Wife's daily driver . 1975 Ford Falcon 500 . 250 cube 6 cylinder .

Attached Files:

9. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

I want those wheels so bad for mine. Here is a teaser of mine. a bunch of things I want and need to do but It is damn cold here. it drives good in the Ice though. Friday I will put two studded skinny whites in the rear. should be a good winter cruiser.

Attached Files:

10. Travthis

Travthis

When and if I switch to 5 lug I will be sure to pm you before I put them up for sale anywhere else. I really dig the look of your steelies though. I wouldn't change them.

11. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Thanks. I just love the 4 spoke cragars and skinnies! Let me know
    Thanks man.

I dig the stance of yours. how did you lower it???

12. michael_cini

michael_cini

nice lookin 'chero! where in socal?

13. Travthis

Travthis

2 springs cut in the front and 2 inch blocks in the rear. Kinda want to go one more inch in the back.

I'm out in Santa Clarita. About 15 min from you in Van Nuts.

14. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

BLAP BLAP!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZSeiNxTUjMQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZSeiNxTUjMQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

15. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Chuckles that F-ing rules. I want to drive that thing so bad I can taste it. I still have a big block chevy in my garage. anyone wanna donate a blower and a 4 speed and help stuff it into my rancholo???????? Just sayin

16. Travthis

Travthis

@Chuckles, Holy hell that thing is amazing. Great work

17. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Travthis I have 3 inch blocks in the rera of mine with mustange leaves and I removed one leaf. it rides real good actually but at the moment the rear end rides on the pinion snubber. need to raise the driveshaft tunnel. and forget about loading too much in there. I learned that a yard of bark mulch wieghs 1000 lbs. dont ask me how. It was a long 5 mile drive home :}

18. Travthis

Travthis

Slamit, I can't imagine having 1k lbs in the back of my rancho. The little 170 barely moves as is haha.

19. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Yeah, that crazy thing makes me want to put a Pontiac 389 in my Futura.

-Dave

20. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

trav. I got a 200ci in mine. and it runs like a top! actually it wasnt a power thing at all just bottoming out and drive shaft rubbing the whole way only suspension was in the tires but it looked real cool!!!!!

21. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Fellas - can anyone give me wheel-to-wheel measurements on a narrowed 9 inch rear for a Falcon runnning a 12 inch slick on a deep-dish wheel?

22. shocker998md

shocker998md

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and i just got these on thanksgiving, there fenton wheels, with one fenton center cap left. the wheels will be getting cleaned up, but they are in great shape.

[​IMG]

I finished painting the engine bay two days ago, im hoping to drop in the motor and tranny today or tomorrow. Then ill be cleaning the inside up, dropping it down with 3"blocks in the back and doing the shelby drop in the front and then cutting one coil off at a time untill it sits how i want it. Its been pretty fun so far, and the only big things i have left to buy is a gas tank and running the exaust.

23. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Well that made my day, looks great and sounds even better, hows is it running? No problem tunning it in?

Jon

25. warren1328

warren1328

Here's the latest progress on my XP Sedan Delivery.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not much to report, whole thing in Hi-fill. Engine bay now sanded for color, lots of sanding still to come!

26. low-down-n-dirty

low-down-n-dirty
    BANNED
    from ohio

Picture 051.jpg I sure do miss her !

27. Rotorranch

Rotorranch

Way cool ride, but I think you've put the steering wheel on the wrong side! :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

Rotor

28. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

Better this.....
    Than this....:D

[​IMG]

Rob

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  29. ShelbyRanchero

ShelbyRanchero
    from So-Cal

The 60-61 hood has a smaller bulge on the hood...62-63 have the diecast chrome insert with a wider/longer bulge.

Obviously you can cut and weld from anything to anything.

30. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

the scoop could be cut off, and welded on if your good welder, or make it a cool scoop like i did :)

Attached Files: