Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. roadtag

roadtag

Hola sled, como estas? Espero que estas muy bien. Saludos!!!

2. sled

sled

roadtag,all fine here thanks...already PMd you on your car request....have fun here on the Hamb buddy

3. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Here we go,some self advertisment of our Volvo 544 team...hopped up orginal 4 cyl,equipped with 2 big 50 Webers ...very realiable car to race la Carrera ,and one of the cheapest around compared with the monster Studes...there is a couple of these PV 544 racing la Carrera and actually the 3rd place in our class was given to an american team with another Volvo like this...already workin on it to make it more lighter and powerfull...the Gullwings (2 of em racing,almost identical) were incredible to see at speed on open roads...such gorgeous cars and timeless aura...

Attached Files:

4. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    After the Panam race i took my time to rest a bit in various cities meeting friends and also organized some apoinments to check out some more hidden garages...for privacy i will just show the pics with the infos i get but i still dont remember all the correct infos...honestly i mostloy forgot by the time im writing but i can ask in case you want to know more
    Usually i dont even bother moredoor cars but that cream art Deco Studebaker was a beauty,i think a 34 ...unique for sure!
    The long destroyed car is an Elkart ,i believe from Indiana.
    More to come from this garage...stay tuned.

Attached Files:

5. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Some more shots from this private collection...the roadster its an english alloy bodied car,with modified front fenders but i dont reckon the name currently...i never seen one of these before,but i can easily ask more infos about. And the cool coupe is a 40 Caddy with the 6 wheel option ,classy lines for a custom car...

Attached Files:

6. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Some more cool stuff hidden....a factory custom Continental 57 and a very solid 50 Packard convertible that is in need of a full restoration...

Attached Files:

7. sled

sled

Magnus B,thanks as usual...more to come guys

8. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Some more good stuff here...all cars were basically in great solid conds and kinda unusual stuff...the dark 40s Packard its a coachbuilt car too

Attached Files:

9. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Classy stuff here....a later 30s Rolls Royce Phamtom 2 wich was owned by the king of Morocco and is a full coachbuilt car...the grey convertible is a early 30s Packard in full workin order altought all the stuff there is dusty as hell...cool stuff nonetheless

Attached Files:

10. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Well,i took a number of pics of this cute thing...a french Panhard ,i liked the cool details...i never seen one of these close before and its a funny thing...looked like a model car ,just a little bigger

Attached Files:

rjones35 likes this.
  11. sled

sled

I wonder the production of this little Panhard above...mmm

12. Irish

Irish

Sled Thanks for the report and pictures fromt the Carrera Panamericana. I've always been a big fan of the race and being a Porsche tech for years I know Porsche has a big presence in the race. I love the Gulwings too!

13. sled

sled

Irish,werlcome anytime but i have really poor Panam pics material compared to many other guys i know....my copiloto for example has a huge number of the racing Gullwing pics...front,back,sides,parked,service and so on....it was impressive to see these Mercedes on open roads at speed...they have such strong carisma and timeless factor....Many Porsches too this year...probably 20 or more...the Televisa mogul had a couple in his team alone...If you never been here try to to follow the race...its something special...and the camaraderie and new friendships along the difficulties are tighting people togheter..i wont miss it for anything in the world...

14. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    To finish with the above garage a 30's Stutz phaeton in running conds and the guy started right up to please me.I do have pics of the front but are too dark for some reason......and a 49 Caddy sedanette,among my favorite lines for a cool custom....this needs a lot of love but one day,ya know....

Attached Files:

15. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

That's a Panhard "Dyna Junior cabriolet", about 1955, really more like a roadster.
    It was replaced by 1957 by the Z series, a true cabriolet.

Even the sedans had aluminum bodies since they had only a tiny 2-cyl. engine.
    Those quarter windows on the windshield are a Panhard signature,
    left over from the 1930s.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  16. sled

sled

Harry,Thanks for the interesting infos,very much appreciate it...still have to find your favorite vintage BMWs too,im tryin to scarf one up...

17. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

I just sold a pile of early mercedes stuff to a guy who is going to build a Mercedes ponton 220SE Coupe to race next year . These are normally 100-150,000 dollar cars but he found an unfinished resto (20 years in storage ) but half the chrome bits have been "lost" and because the cost of replacement chrome is in 5 figures (only 1200 of these were built ) it makes sense to build a historic rally or racer out it.
    He normally resto's gullwings but historic racing is about having fun for as little cost as possible so the roundie coupe will be it.

18. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

The red sports car is a Nash Healey isn't it? thats a Nash six engine. Nash went into biz with Healey long before Austin and Healey .

[​IMG]

19. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

Thanks, compadre, if anyone can do it, you're the man.

I found out a little more about the little BMW 2-door sedan in that other garage.
    It's the very bottom of the line, maybe created for the German army fleet--the only other one I've seen a pic of was just that.

Officers got a 4-door and high officers got an MBZ.

20. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

[​IMG]

That Nash-Healey is a 51-only body style, which also had SUs rather than the Carters?
    on the '52 motor above.
    Some motors had the carbs far apart like your garage car, some close together as above.
    A quarter of the 51s had non-Nash motors and were sold elsewhere as successor to the
    Healey Silverstone.

It's the original prototype if the nose looks like this:
    [​IMG]

It also could be the 1951 Carrera Pan. pace car, which left before the first starter to make sure the road was clear. It's not one of the lightweight race cars--I believe those were all RHD. They were plenty fast, getting a third place at Le Mans about 1953.

There's a good overview in Wikipedia with lots of links.

21. sled

sled

Hey mate,how have you been?
    Yeah,fully agree here on such decision to get a use for such expensive thing...the owner will have a heck of good time at the Panam race...i will lookin forward to see this car next year then...thanks for the heads up mate...

22. sled

sled

23. sled

sled

Harry,very interesting comments and news ,as usual my man...now you had me thinkin if this one could have been the pace car at the 51 Panam race...mmm,it could be very possible...i will ask the owner if he knows somethin about this fact....thanks as usual and keep posting,great learning

24. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Well,almost forgot about this one cause i have some many pics around but here we go...just couple days before the Panam race i was staying in DF following many issues and when there i always have my scouts calling me to check new cars and stuff all over the big 25 million souls mess that is nowadays Mexico City aka DF (Federal District)...so with a pal o mine we decided to go to visit a funeral home were we went togheter 1 year ago once and my pal told that under that certain door there is a brand new 56 Chevy convertible...he was born in that barrio and saw that car since a young kid (he's 55 now) and it was (still) owned by the funeral director of that place...he tried many many years to find the onwer at the funeral home but he never had enuff goo luck....
    To make this story short this time the car owner WAS there and actually a real gentleman that invite inside to check out the funeral room facility ,offering some hot coffe (was really cold that day) and then he kindly opened the famous adiacent door where for the first time after many told stories i could appreciate the cool 56 vert ...he said he owned this car since he was 23 (and he's 62 now) and started for us ,showed the whole thing and spend some cool friendly time....sorry for the crappy pics but the place was cramped and i could'nt do really better this but you get the idea....yeah,car is really good conds exept for some details in great shape...
    I liked the owner,very classy and educated guy...you never know who you find besides those finds,we left both with big grin....stay tuned for more!!

Attached Files:

25. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Thanks for the 56 chevy pics,, what motor was in it?
    My first car was a 56 more door,,
    Happy Thanksgiving Sled,
    so much to be thankful for,,

26. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Cool looking car. Love the kid in the plaid shirt....Spit it ouit Tommy or else !! Tommy you cannot eat worms...Spit it out

27. c57heaven

c57heaven

thanks. I was reading that it was totally original but I guess not.
    Looks like it has a V8 according to the V on the trunk lid. Looks like a 64 steering wheel, brake pedal is different, floor vents painted a different color. He's had it since 1971 or so. I really like looking these cars over. Keep em coming.

28. sled

sled

Nova,it has the original 265 V8 in it...purrs like a kitten.
    You know its fun for me to keep the show up...

29. sled

sled

c57,all correct basically...guy has for most part of his life and now he's thinkin it's probably time to let it go...i have no idea how much he will be askin for but he know prices..i will check it out next time when there

30. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

And you know its fun for us,,
    Happy THanksgiving Sled