Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. JJizzle

JJizzle

Hey boys!
    I´m thinking of buying a 61 falcon, can somebody show me a Falcon with 3 or 4 inch block in the rear and cutted spring in the front, i´m trying to found out how low it get´s for hopefully not mutch money.

Can´t afford bags yet

// Jimmy

2. highboyjohnny

highboyjohnny
    from new york

this was mine sold it 2 years ago hey mike self if you see this it is your old car

Attached Files:

3. highboyjohnny

highboyjohnny
    from new york

here are a few more

4. I love this Ranch, it sits just right.
    Color is great also. Nice work.

5. highboyjohnny

highboyjohnny
    from new york

thanks. hated to see it go

6. Muttley

Muttley

Please try again in English.

7. JJizzle

JJizzle

anyone? i´m buying a 61 Falcon tomorrow

8. Beebeebobby

Beebeebobby
    from Webb City

tiz funny, that is...:D

9. Runawaychair

Runawaychair

The Falcon was the cheapest most un-engineered car Ford had made since the Model-T. It is a bare-bones, ill-handling rust-bucket. Its entire wiring harness fits in a gallon can of tomato paste. I've got $30k in mine. And it still doesn't have an interior! hardeeharhar!
    -
    Since today is Sunday, give these guys a few days to get back to ya.
    -

10. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I thought that gold Ranchero was posted in response. Sorry, I can't help, my '61 isn't lowered yet, and I'm not going beyond three inches anyway.

-Dave

11. Chevydeuce

Chevydeuce

taillights look like 1961 Olds Starfire to me...

12. DirtyEd

DirtyEd
    from Dallas Ga.

Here is a pic of mine.It has 3 in. blocks and air bags in the front.It also has two leafs removed in the rear.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  13. highboyjohnny

highboyjohnny
    from new york

This was mine.I sold it 2 years ago.( hey mike self if you see this it is your old car.) sorry muttly if i confused you

14. fanspete

fanspete

Close, but no cigar! (Hehehe)

(commas)

15. My old neighbor had a book (on Fords I believe) that had a picture of the 1960 Falcon and the engineers that worked on it. At the time it struck me as a lot. Anybody have that picture?

16. 31coupechris

31coupechris
    from LI,NY

heres mine...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is how i bought it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  17. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

Nice save, 31! :)
    Rob

18. michael_cini

michael_cini

nice car. how did you get it that low?

19. shocker998md

shocker998md

ive been doing some reading, well i guess alot of reading. This is what im going with, a three inch block in the back, any lower and you may have some issues with the drive shaft tunnel and the rear end also hitting the pinion snubber. Not to mention you wont really be able to have people in the back.

In the front I will doing to the shelby drop, just goole it and a website that comes up as daze cars should come up. Then i will cut off one coil at a time untill it sits level. One coil should equal 2 inches.

Now these suspensions are all worn out and all that jazz, so everyones take on this has been a little bit different.

So if you want dumped do a 4 inch block and cut coils untill its even, but it will be dumped and not so driver friendly. Or do a 3 inch block and then cut the front untill its level.

Hope this helps, ill be lowing my 68 more door soon with the shelby drop, cut coils, and three inch blocks. My total cost, about 40 bucks!

20. I found that one and a half coils off in the front was a good match for the 3 inch blocks out back.

21. aribert

aribert

I'm pretty much a lurker on this board - unlikely that I will get beyond being a **bleeping new guy** in my signature count. Since I was this thread again a few weeks ago, I figured that I might as well post my Falcon - though its stock looking.

Below are a few shots of my permanent car - '61 Falcon. Started driving it w/ my learner's permit when it had about 120K miles on it - now has 262K miles. Aside from the modern interior (early '90s is modern - right?) w/ 3 point seatbelts up front, I have strived to keep the car stock looking in the 36 years that I have been driving it. Changes to date: front spring - 1 coil cut, stock rear leaf, 14 inch wheels, '78 200cid w/ Weber DGV, tandem M/C, Kevlar(?) lined front shoes.

This winter: head milled about .070, solid lifter cam (either Clifford 270 or Erson), intake log hole bored larger, 8 inch rear axle, reshaped accel pump cam on the Weber, and after too long of a wait A/C (I started collecting A/C parts for this 28 years ago!). In the future I want to have the wheels widened and diameter increased to 15 inch (how I discovered the HAMB years ago - surfing for wheel widening shops) - if this economy hadn't tanked it would have happened last year. I want to keep the dog dish caps.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not my car - quick pic taken at the Falcon Nationals this summer - this is/was a **Fordoor** with about 31 inches taken out at the B-pillar (seats mount to the rear seat floor hump. Builder says he has about 10K miles on it since building.
    [​IMG]

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  22. michael_cini

michael_cini

that is interesting...but strange. it takes a bit of getting used to, it sure is short.

23. Runawaychair

Runawaychair

-
    I've seen this purple Falcon at a few Falcon events. Excellent craftsmanship with a lot of humor. But still, it reminds me of the Shriners' parade cars from the '60s and '70s.
    -

24. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

The folks in today's Detroit could learn a lot from the Falcon. :D

25. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

I dig your Falcon, my idea of a perfect family car!

26. Runawaychair

Runawaychair

-
    I wish! The safety mandates out of government and insurance account for half of a car's weight and expense. If ya'll haven't yet, try to catch the Ultimate Factories show, especially about the Camaro and the Corvette, and really look at the cocoons (interior compartments) of the cars. Very impressive. :)
    -

27. aribert

aribert

28. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

Here is my 64 2 door hard top we have put in a MII front end from TCI a 9" Currie 4 link rear with 3.70 gears 4 wheel discs, power steering and power brakes, Cragars and well it started out as a 200 cid I6 with 4 on the floor, now it sports a 302 with an AOD. Still got a ways to go but we are getting there. This Falcon has been my baby since 1973- now its getting there its my therapy :D

Attached Files:

29. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

A few of my favorite falcons from all over the globe. The black and blue Falcon is mine, prior to a few owners screwing it up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
    exterminator likes this.
  30. momioblues

momioblues

A little bit of history. Argentine Falcons were produced from 1962 to 1991:

1962:
    [​IMG]

1967:
    [​IMG]

1970:
    [​IMG]

1974:
    [​IMG]

1980:
    [​IMG]

1986:
    [​IMG]

1991:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, not every Falcon would look right with a traditional kustomization, there are a few:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]