Register now to get rid of these ads!

Todays accomplishments

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gsp392, Nov 20, 2010.

1. gsp392

gsp392

This is what I did today.
    [​IMG]
    I installed the thermostat housing and plugs to keep foreign objects out since this is will be on a display engine. I'm working on carbs next. WCFB Carters. I have 2 incomplete so far and I hope I can find enough parts to mock up a pair.

2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Im guessing its a what I did today post ,Im in the process of repainting the inside of my house and dreaming of my A....................

3. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Nice Desoto Adventurer Intake - S24A

4. jonly

jonly

I completed my engine assembly and turned the key for a second. Then diagnosed electrical problems until it was time to drink alcohol and celebrate thanksgiving with some friends.

5. On T.V. they teardown, rebuild and totaly customize a whole car in a hour :rolleyes:

6. jonly

jonly

I suck.
    I told my wife I was going to send it to paint and body, but nobody showed up to haul it away.

7. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

It took me all afternoon just to trace down an electrical gremlin and fix my horn. :eek:

8. Spending the whole afternoon fixing the horn.................that blows

9. gsp392

gsp392

I hope the engine I got with the intake will have those numbers, but somehow I doubt it will. I'll check tomorrow.

10. Redid a Honda's brakes. Owner is paying me in torches - one set of Victors with tanks. And I had a whole shop to myself. T'wasn't half bad.

Cosmo

Oh, yeah, my daily's cruise came back online, no idea why...('76 SDV)

11. gsp392

gsp392

Today I bolted the lower intercooler tube on the SC, bolted the alternater/power steering pump bracket in place. Pluged in vacuum lines, mounted the air box with the new 76mm MAF etc... More work still but it's getting close.

12. I finished Call of Duty - Black Ops. I also cleaned up and painted the radiator support on my 52 Dodge.

13. jrstockwagon

jrstockwagon

i pulled the transmission out of my wagon, so i could do floorpans, i also cleaned up my new truck (65 d100) and took inventory of what i need for it. looks like that one is getting new floorpans also.

Attached Files:

14. gsp392

gsp392

I picked up 3 complete WCFB's and the top half from one I got last week. 2 of them are borrowed from my uncle. He's had them since he was 15 on a 292 2x4.

15. OK then if that's what this is I got the rear fenders bolted on the anti-rod. not permanent but permanent enough to get me through the winter or until I blow it apart for paint.

Not near as cool as the intake. It seems a shame to use something that nice for wall art. Pretty damned slick intake anyway.

16. oj

oj

Did some sheetmetal work, inner door panel for a '36 chebby pickup

Attached Files:

17. gsp392

gsp392

The WCFBs that I need are 2476S and 2532S. One complete carb I'm going to use is a WCFB 2314S. The other I will put together out of parts doesn't have a tag, or the little cover that goes on the top of the upper half, or screws for that matter. (incase anybody has some they'd part with)

I'm going to try doing this without using my uncle's 2. I'll plan to repaint them and redo his 292 intake so he can have something to look at.