Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

Im aware of the many coachbuild built BMW cars of those eras...some are unreal..remember the Veritas??
    And many racers and roadsters...very classy stuff..i wished it was one of those..
    but i have another surprize soon for you EU fan cars altought is not BMW...be patient,its coming...

2. joel torres

joel torres

[​IMG] this is how i feel everytime i check up on this thread lol

3. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Well guys,as promised here's the EU car...i'll let you find out the brand this time.Will fill in more details later...have fun.
    A cool detail is the double Scintilla mag equipment...love it!

Attached Files:

rjones35 likes this.
  4. sled

sled

So,anyone wants to play here??

5. druids62

druids62

I believe both Hatfield and Bugatti used those particular magnetos, but I see characteristics that would almost eliminate my 2 guesses. Yes or no?:rolleyes:

6. I'm kind of diggin' the BMW. It looks vaguely like a Bugatti Atalante and the dash reminds me of '33-'35 Chevies. Would be cool to rod with a six-banger.

7. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

Late 1920s - early 1930s Hispano Suiza.
    The dual mags are for reliability rather than performance, as in their aircraft engines. There would be a switch on the dash to swap either one in or out.
    Rolls-Royce had two separate ignition systems, too.

The PTO off the transmission looks like a primitive power assist for the brakes. Rolls had something like this as well

8. sled

sled

Druids,good try but....nope!None of the cases...

9. sled

sled

Bingo,we have already the winner here...absolutely correct in every point Harry...Congrats!
    The big rounded thing close to the tranny is exactly an ancient power assisting device to help the brakes,yep...well done buddy.
    I need to find something way more difficult...:eek::D..this was an easy catch!!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  10. sled

sled

I probably wont be able to post for a while...the La Carrera Panamericana is waitin me and as we speak im packin my little stuff to head soon Acapulco,meetin my race team pals and then headin south to Tuxtla Gutierrez,Chiapas..a long drive but cant wait the adventure of the year...lookin forward to meet all the other teams and Hambers too....there will be some for sure out there!!!

Coop666,are you comin this year???

rjones35 likes this.
  11. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

Have fun at the Carrera, I'm missing it this year and feel terrible about it.
    Via con Dios!
    Guy

12. sled

sled

Guy,i will be missing you out there...but as promised i'll take care of your 54 Vette pals for anything possible..

Hey any other Hambers will be there racing or supporting?Step up and introduce yourself...PM me in case,whatever..its always helpful to have someone local speaking spanish ,ah,ah,ah...

13. sled

sled

La Carrera Panamericana ,here we go....already out there in Acapulco packing up the race car and stuff and almost ready to drive down south to Tuxla G,Chiapas...

We plan to arrive couple days before to enjoy the places,have some fun and test the car in time...we're driving solo all over south.

Hamb PanAm members,racers,fans,helpers...whoever you are feel free to contact me via Hamb ,just PM me fot details and my number,whatever you need when down in Mexico...you never know when on the road and i have lots of friends around Mexico..drive safe and we'll catch ya all down in Chiapas...

Even if you dont need anything please introduce yourselves guys and let's have a cerveza,you're invited anytime ...the great adventure start,cant wait....sled

14. sled

sled

The Panam race is fully on....when i get a sec i will post some pics but i doubt i can make before the end...check it out guys our fellow Gfaules blogspot about that...is the most informed one around...
    goggle : lacarrera2007 blogspot.com or something like and i'll came out right away...you wont regret....

15. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have a great time Sled!

16. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Link

http://lacarrera2007.blogspot.com/

some very cool stuff going on..........

17. motorhead711

motorhead711

Damn man!!! There's sum killer stuff south of the Border!!! AAAYYEEEEE!!

18. djfordmanjack

djfordmanjack
    from Austria

Buona sera, mio amico ! ;)
    Just to let you know that I'm here too....great stories and stuff.
    I'm into a 34sedan right now over here. stay hep and take care !

19. sled

sled

DJford....finally.Glad to have you on board...introduce yourself and show some of the stuff you built , meine freunde...the fellow Hambers want to see...
    1 day to go at the Panam race...i think were 4th in class currently and car runs fine.
    We did finish all the stages with no broke downs...fingers crossed to start the fiesta in Zacatecas

20. sled

sled

Pheeewww...la Carrera is over and im still beaten up and excited at the same time of the whole experience...just too much of everything,impossible to describe it on words....i'll try to post some pics after i clean up my mess here....as we speak im recovering in the cool colonial city of San Miguel de Allende...

21. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Well,its been a while and some Carrera pics are in order....i did realize that i did'nt had the chance to take many shots but here somethin randomly for ya fellas...The Panam race is very demanding,time is always an issue and the average sleepin time its 2/3 hours per night if everything goes fine like it happened to me and my team...our n16 Volvo PV 544 performed almost flawlessy and we considering ourselves very lucky compared to many other teams wich replaced any sort or mechanical stuff and beyond...the spirit of the race it the great camaraderie and everybody will struggle to death to help the other competitors..everybody has to arrive in 1 piece (or almost) at the end in Zacatecas this year...and was'nt easy after 1 full week of flat out racing covering more than 2000 miles of dangerous mexican roads...bovines crossing at speed are a normal thing here,go figure. Well,the fun was endless and the new friendships too....catcha next year fellas
    Ah,we finished 4th overall in our class,turismo de producion....enuff said ,especially fighting with more powerfull V8 Studes

Attached Files:

22. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    well,im quite disappointed on my Panam pics but you cant do it all,i guess ...there are plenty cool blogs around on the event and for anybody that has considered to do it....just get in shape and DO IT, you wont regret a bit...there are many worldwide racers including many US guys that can tell you about so many crazy stories ..just ask around. No matter what,i will be there again next year....

Attached Files:

23. c57heaven

c57heaven

thanks.
    What no pics of the "Sled mobile" volvo?
    Can't believe that gull wing Mercedes was risking injury.
    An errant bovine could do it some serious damage!

Now get back out there hunting those steel treasures...:)

24. sled

sled

c57,wich sledmobile Volvo are you talking about? We raced a PV 544 Volvo painted in electric blue and yellow flag ,like swedish colors...but i dont think you mean this one...

About Gullwing cars there were 2 of em,almost identical...serious money involved here and they were driven by french guys including a veteran of the Panam race Pierre de Thoissy..beautiful to see them on open roads pushin altought they were not as competitive as the Turismo Mayor Studes...Studes were flying at 320 kms per hour on flat out speeds
    I did had time to build up new contacts to find more junk and i have already some cool pics for you fellas...stay tuned,they are on the go.....

25. c57heaven

c57heaven

thanks for the quick reply.
    Yes the volvo you mentioned.
    Perhaps I missed an earlier picture.

26. sled

sled

c57...i tought i posted a pic or 2 of the Volvo but i miss it myself...will post em shortly so you can see it among other stuff i found around here....stay tuned

27. willeys41

willeys41
    from seattle

Go over and try to get them and you will be coming back in the back of that Hearst

28. Explain that to us?? :eek:

29. sled

sled

Well, is that english???
    What you mean ,dude???I really dont get it ...explain please!

30. willeys41' is a guy who has only ever "used" the HAMB for adverts.