Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 26t Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by langy, May 22, 2008.

1. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Sounds interesting mate, get a build thread going, we all like pictures.

brEad likes this.
  2. Don't forget to guide coat it and get out you little denibbing block and block it down to get all them unwanted ripples in the block.lol.

In the photo it looks like black chrome,cool.Must be fairly smoothed down already.

Just started a thread on mine to Langy.
    Called Carter Style Windscreens.

Looking good you makin alot of progress,you working on your car and not on Customers cars.Or dont you sleep.

3. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Ha ha ha, I won't be going that far Tony, just a little flat out and that will be good enough :D
    Thats funny a few other people have said it looks like black chrome, I think i'm fairly settled on the colour as off white but you never know :rolleyes:

I only work on customers cars 8am - 5pm the rest of the time goes on my project, i'm very lucky that my Sue supports my passion, she is a great girl thats brings me tea in the workshop :D

Speak later off to have a look at your thread, cheers.

4. <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Langy, I have been trying to resist adding another “wow” but god damb it WOW!!
    You make the saying- “if its worth doing; its worth doing well” – words to live by.
    Mate I can tell that you like to challenge yourself and you should get great satisfaction from what you have done, good onya keep going.

5. Here's another one for you, Steve!
    [​IMG]

Steve, All i know, is that what ever you do, it wil be detailed to the MAX. Your builds remind me of George Poteets "Miller Hauler" which got GoodGuys "Early Truck of the Year" with it's crazy detail!:cool:
    [​IMG]

6. I love the pipes on the tudor,I had to make some for my car,cool.

7. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for that mate, its appreciated.

8. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Mo your embarrasing me, thanks anyway though :eek:

I won't be going as far as Georges motor

Nice shot of the T :D

9. grovedawg

grovedawg
    from Heber, UT

I've now had my daily fix. Thanks Langy!

10. daveymac405

daveymac405

Ha. Is that a magnetic polished stainless steel ash tray?
    wicked50coupe that absolutely made my day................

11. daveymac405

daveymac405

I have a new reason to get out of bed these days. to follow this thread. you are an artist. you have my respect!

12. One Finger John

One Finger John

Nice build so far. First I have seen of it. What is the purpose of what appears to be a thermostat mount on the front of the intake manifold?

John

13. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Hi john, its for a oil breather/filler tube, its a few pages back.

I know how easy it is to miss stuff here as the hamb moves amazingly quickly.

[​IMG]

14. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

You must not be working very hard on customer cars, because my forearms would be rubber just from all the grinding you've been doing on yours.:D

15. r0yal

r0yal
    from winnipeg

I know its been said, but I just have to say it myself, GREAT build. keep up the good work!

I'm actually digging the color of the intake manifold, the off-white/yellow. is it just a random mix? or do you have the name of the color?

16. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks,The intake is on green primer, it will be painted the same colour as the steering box which is an off white, I called it Moneyshot :D, I just went down to the paint shop and mixed it myself, they then stored it as Moneyshot on the system,

17. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I had a couple of hours spare today so squirted some top coat on my intake, I'm well pleased how it came out.
    The paintshop owner asked me to name the colour so he could store it on the computer system so i called it "moneyshot"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  18. freebird101

freebird101

19. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks dude.

20. grovedawg

grovedawg
    from Heber, UT

Am I the only one that thinks it funny that you called your paint "moneyshot," and then when you had a second you "squirted" some onto your manifold? :D Looks great.

brEad likes this.
  21. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

You got it then :D:D:D

22. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

23. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Yeah, I got a laugh too.

24. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Coming from a genius thats a hell of a compliment Jeff, thanks

25. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I took a few moments to go back through the pages (I will admit, I have been slacking when it comes to watching updates) and all I can say is hot-damn man, you know how to build them.

26. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Appreciate the comments mate, cheers.

27. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

What is it, Steve? Did you tire from polishing every inch of stainless, so you needed a change of pace by grinding every mark off of the engine block?:D:D

Looks great bud. I have missed many of your updates lately, been a little out of the loop. Caught up on your thread today, and as always it is really looking fantastic!

Are you & Sue coming over this year?? The "Irish" pub we went to last year has closed down.

28. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Hi Dan, I thought i would do this block as i havn't done one for a few years and its a very 60's show car thing, I had forgot just how time consuming this stuff is :(
    Still i think it will look great when its all together.

Yours looks very very close, you have done an excellent job despite having a few stoppages thrown at you, I'm really looking forward to a ride in it :D

We was coming over in October but things have got in the way :(
    We are hoping to get over maybe early next year for i think Billetproof.

See ya soon and Sue sends ya a big sloppy kiss :D Give the old chap a hug for me :D

29. Thats areally cool old style white.Really suits it.Looks like it really flowed out well into all them lovely shapes you polished the shit out of in the manifold.
    Cool again,well done.

30. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Tony, Got your pm and just getting some shipping quotes.