Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hamb and cheese

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louver Dude, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Ok, I am working on getting a few HAMB and Cheese sat morning meets worked out .... we are looking for someone around the Wisconsin Dells with a shop or something to see or do in that area for Feb either the 12th or the 19th. If any one can help let me know. If anyone has any good ideas for a few other places and times this winter let me know also!

We are looking at the EAA museum in Oshkosh in March

Thanks Louver Dude

2. Any Wisconsin area HAMBERS have any ideas?

3. not much in milwaukee area. but where ever you guys decide i'm in

4. OK we are thinking the 4th or 11th of Dec for the first HAMB and Cheese of the winter...it will be in Madison we will have a lil garage crawl 3-4 shops to check out, before we see some cool projects, we will meet for lunch (have not yet set a spot for that ) then off to the shop crawl ! Feed back would be great.

THANKS Louver Dude

5. How about we all meet 1/2 way in Sioux Falls!? We are doing ours again out here.

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

the 11th of December is better for me.

sorry, no good ideas to share. Will ponder

7. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

I work most Saturdays, but sounds like a cool idea.

8. flatjack

flatjack

I'll try to make it.

9. Bob we are leaning towards the 11th,I will keep you updated .

As of right now for January we will be doing the HAMB on the rocks with the guys from Rockford

10. Ok Here it is , we are doing are first HAMB and Cheese this season, Dec 11th , we will meet for lunch at a 50's Dinner on the west side of Madison( Evil Clown is checking to see if groups are ok ) at high noon then after lunch we will check out a few projects that guys have opened up their shops for us... so we need to get a count....PM if your in.

I will post the name of the dinner as soon as we know its not going to be a problem with a group

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

sounds like fun

12. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

If possible, I'm in. But I travel a ton for work and it is always last minute, so I can't promise anything. I will have a better idea as the date approaches. Dec 11 is my birthday! :D
    ...and there better be cheese!

13. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Sounds like a plan, I'm in:cool:

14. Yipee!! An event in my neck of the woods! Mind if a lil Texas girl and her beau show up? We'd love to see the projects!

15. t5stang91

t5stang91

im in for sure

16. Squablow

Squablow

If there's an email list for this, put me on it. These are fun, I'll try to make them all this winter.

17. ARNIE

ARNIE

Count me in! If ya wanna stop over I will show ya the Crosley rail & a Kustom Buick wagon project!

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

this would be a great place to stop.

19. I believe the diner is probably near you just off hwy 19 so ya we could add you to the list of shops ...thank you for offering .

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  20. Ok, HAMB and Cheese

#1- Dec 11th Madison WI 50's diner and garage crawl starting at 11am

#2 Jan 15th Rockford Ill Tudorjeff will update

#3 Feb 12th Smity's Ore House and shop crawl In Fondy (cowboy bobs and Classics plus )

#4 March 12th or 19th Oshkosh WI EAA museum and bar burgers

Thats it have a good spring and summer!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  21. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

We are finalizing plans for the Dec. 11th Hamb & Cheese.

You don't want to miss this one!

Details to follow . . . check back in a few days!

22. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

Dec. 11th Hamb & Cheese details . . .

We will meet at Gus's Diner, 630 N. Westmount Dr., Sun Prairie, at 11:00 for lunch. Please note time change! Gus's is actually right on Hwy 19, west of Sun Prairie, between Sun Prairie and Token Creek.

After lunch we'll begin our Garage Crawl around Madison. We'll have multiple stops, with plenty of interesting projects to check out! We'll have a route planned, but you might want to bring your GPS too.

The last stop will be at my place in Verona, where beverages and light snacks will be provided.

We'll need to keep moving to make all our stops. Plan on a full afternoon of fun!

Please PM Louverdude if you plan to attend, we need to have a rough count for the diner.

I'm already looking forward to a great afternoon! See ya at Gus's!

Evil Clown :D

23. ARNIE

ARNIE

Gus's is a Kool place! Check out the squad car I did for the previous owner! Arnie

24. OK we need to get some PMs of the people that are for sure going so we know if this is something that you want us to do or not, we have not had a lot of people show interest!

25. Snarl

Snarl

We'll be there!

26. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

No heat in the Bonneville but if it's clear, I should be able to join in...LD, I will PM you to confirm. Thanks for putting this together, guys.

27. I'll be there if I can catch a ride.

28. t5stang91

t5stang91

29. skoh73

skoh73

Thanks for organizing this again- had a great time and met a lot of nice folks in Hartford earlier this year.

It doesn't look like I'll be able to do the December get together, but will advise as to the other dates when they get closer.

30. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby