Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features **1941-1946 Chevy Truck Picture Thread**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Arrowood Rod & Kustom, Sep 23, 2010.

1. K10

K10

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Just another stocker. Kind of. 302 GMC power with dual Zeniths. Truckstell overdrive with 3.55 R&P out back. Still 6 volt pos ground, 3 on the floor, extra fuel tank for a 400 mile range. This truck can do an honest ton.

2. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I like a hard workin truck,,
    302 is a 6cyl right?
    Truckstell overdrive,,, hmm never heard of it,, I'll check it out.
    Wonder if my stock 41 could do freeways if I did something similar,,?
    thanks for posting K10

3. plan9

plan9

could someone snap a shot of their stock steering box bolted into the frame? mine was modified with a task force box. ive got a stock 41/46 box to replace it but suspect there is more to the stock setup than i can see. thanks.

4. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I can when I get home,, at work right now,
    If nothing is posted by then, I will get a couple pics and post,,

5. plan9

plan9

cool, id appreciate it. a general search on google didnt have specifics. thanks!

6. forty1

forty1

Oh, thanks for the kind words...I'd probably ' choke ' mid way through it...

Naw, I realize my place & it's only for fun, ( auctions & presents )
    KIWI KEV, BigWigRaceCars, WickedTin, DaTinMan, ONLY to Name 4 out of the 1000's of metal pros on this forum alone..

Just 4 fun & practice..( I still amazed that this tool will change the 'look & feel' of metal & is so, so economical to use, & operate.. ) After I have them pinstriped & framed , I'll post you some pics.

jim aka,
    -41-

7. Great trucks...I've had two of them and kinda lookin' around for another one

8. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

here ya go,, let me know if there is a different view that would be better..

Attached Files:

9. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

cant wait to see it,
    i wish i could afford a good body man,
    but i made up my mind,
    gonna do what i can to get all the dents out myself

10. Here is the bed on my Crusty Cruiser #1.

Attached Files:

11. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Looks like a hard working truck,
    are the red rims the current rims?
    what power plant are you running in it?

12. OldChevyTruck

OldChevyTruck
    from Mica WA

Attached Files:

13. both my 41 Chevy trucks are powered by 350 small block Chevy engines, with TH350 transmission. I built the motor mounts, I used store bought headers and universal aluminum radiators.
    The red wheels are the current wheels that I run on the little blue truck, the rears are 15x8 blazer wheels and the fronts are 14x6 nissan wheels
    The little blue truck is used often as a parts runner for my business and on weekends I show it. We encourage kids of all ages to get in, sit down, touch, feel, turn the handles, take pictures, making this old truck very popular.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  14. chv

chv
    BANNED
    from Folsom, ca

Not Hamb Friendly, but still enjoy it....!

Attached Files:

15. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

How about wiring, did you do your own? painless or?

16. Wiring 101------- I used Rebel Wiring basic 9 circuit kits on both trucks. I used the Isuzu steering columns, spliced into their wiring harness for turn signals and ignition switch (locking steering wheel) . On my green/black truck, I reused the headlight and dimmer switch that came with the truck, bought some l.e.d. indicator lights from Radio shack, and used Truck Lite brand L.E.D. turn/stop/tail and clearance lights. The plan is to gut the old voltage regulator and mount my circuit relays in it. Have yet to put interior lights in either one. Out back, I made a third brake light from a couple of small block connecting rods and pistons, mounted a trailer hitch and trailer light connector (yes trailer hitch, actually towed an open trailer with my son's 53 Chevy pickup to a car show with it)

Attached Files:

17. more photos and stuff on green / black (crusty cruiser #2)
    was able to reuse the huge turn signal lights mounted on the front fenders, had to bead blast the sockets, purchased new socket terminals from NAPA autoparts. Changed the headlights over to 12 Halogen units for better lighting. Out back we used L.E.D. truck lites. The stock 41 headlight switch and dimmer switch were in great shape so we reused them. Plan is to put relays into the headlight circuit to remove the amperage load on the vintage switches.
    The rebel wiring harness has an electric choke wire which I use, and a horn relay.

Attached Files:

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

This thread went downhill fast.

19. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I disagree, Nothing wrong with good info Nads..
    And why are you posting in here anyway,
    you dont even have a 41-46,
    never posted here before and now you post this,,
    unsat bro,, get lost
    in this case You Are The Idiot

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  20. way to go NOVADUDE55, the more information the better. From the looks of Nads postings, he's a busy fellow commenting on everybodys posts.
    Nads, where you from, oh, land of Hypocrisy, that explains it.

let's keep up all the information and pictures flowing just to piss Nads off some more.

21. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I am in the middle of 2 builds right now, both 41 chevy trucks, one is going to stay stock so I know what's goin in to that one, but the other is a hot rod 41 on a s10 frame, so I am going to have to fab and create to get it done, tryin to get info. And then this dude nads walks in and makes a stupid comment out of nowhere dissin on us and he dont even own the kind of truck we're postin about,, geesh, its like gtfoh:mad:

22. Lucky444

Lucky444

How about this one that belongs to my buddy "Fat141" in Australia? It's a beauty!

Attached Files:

23. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

NICE!!!!,
    except the steering wheel,, its on the wrong side!!!!:confused::D

24. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

I see your front wheels are tucked pretty good on one of your trucks is it the izzue frame ?? that has a narrow front whats the hub to hub measure ? thanks I am trying to figure out to use s10 or mod my stock frame.

25. How 'bout getting up with your buddy and asking him how he added the window vents!!!! That would make my truck perfect!!!! Us "Yanks" didn't get those from GM. Did he?

26. 63, the year Isuzu he is using is actually a rebadged S-10!

27. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

good spot brett4christ,, shoot, didnt even see that,, referring to the wing windows

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  28. OldChevyTruck

OldChevyTruck
    from Mica WA

I guess my rusty rides don't stand up to the lofty standards set by the rulers hers at HAMB as they deleted the only post I put in with my three rides on it. If you are ever on Kullbillet.com or ratrodsrule.com you can see my posts there. I guess I'm good enough for them LOL Cya Rob

29. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Not true OldChevyTruck, Post #73 is still there,
    What is true is that the r a t word is frowned upon here, not my rules,
    You'll get alot farther around here if you drop that r a t rod from your speech though.
    Fair warning.
    I joined, so did a multitude of others,
    we all try to abide by the rules of this forum, sometimes its inevitable, but hey.
    actually there was a time when things were worse,
    there is too much good info here on this forum to be annoyed by that rule alone.
    We admire the hard work that goes into any killer rod.
    Nice work OldChevyTruck,, show us more of your truck and tell your story...
    dont get butt hurt, just tryin to stear ya straight..

30. budd

budd

heres mine, one of camping, one at a street market selling my iron work, one with a young guy helping me change out the drive train, its sitting out back smashed now waiting for its turn in the shop.

Attached Files: