Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects almost done ! engine swap in my 49 Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Getting really close to being finished. A great big thank you again to Marshall W. and Russ at Thun Field Rod & Custom. A few more small things to finish then off for exhaust( Ok Marshall 2" straight pipes and no glass packs) A few photos with the dual carb flathead six installed( runs and sounds great) Can't wait to drive it.

Attached Files:

2. Next stop ! Exhaust !

3. Well , car is at the exhaust here in Town. I went by to see what was happening, spoke to Josh (great guy !) He really bent up some nice pipe so far, had a small problem with the wrong flanges being sent to him. So looks like Monday or Tuesday I may have it back. It's 2" straight pipes all the way back ( no glass packs) should sound sweet. Thanks gain to Marshall and Russ with Thun Field Rod & Custom.

4. looking forward to driving it, I also have to thank Russ for giving me the sweet deal on the engine. He had only 500 miles on this engine , when he had to convert his 50 to modern drivetrain because of surgeries .

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  5. Just went and picked up the 49 today from the exhaust shop. It was my first chance to drive it , (S. Tacoma Way to Fife) The straight pipes sound great, the pissed off looks and head shakes were funny. Thank you to Josh at Austin's Pro Max for really sweet job on the exhaust . I will try to post some pictures, wish I could post a video/ audio you all would love it.

6. yardgoat

yardgoat

Sounds great !!! Best of luck to ya and many thousands of miles and dirty looks your way ..lol.......................YG

7. I couldn't get a free lift at work to use to take some pictures from underneath of the exhaust pipe routing. Here is some more pictures, Red's Headers on the six with 2" straight pipes . Sorry about the qualilty of the pictures, I really wanted to put it on the lift and check it front to back.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  8. Nice swap, car looks sweet too...

9. lawman

lawman

Looks very nice and congrats !!!! Tom (Tired old Man)

10. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

very well done.
    looks really cool
    keep up the pics

11. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Nice shoebox!

Malcolm

12. Very nice! Not everyone needs to have a V8.

13. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

I need a dual carb intake lke that.

14. ratstar

ratstar

Thats a rad little ride!!

15. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Great looking 49.

16. Thank you Hombres !

17. we gonna see it at the next H&E on the 28th?

18. Looks real good Rob. I am very happy for you. Thanks for the phone call last night. Nice catching up with you. Say hello to all the boys up north for me. Looks like Marshall did a nice clean install for you. Hammer down and rap those pipes!

19. if your all good !

20. Thanks Dale, really happy with it. Goes pretty good for 6 banger !

21. Muleman100

Muleman100

Cool, always like to see the 6's kickin

22. vein

vein

the pipes look real sweet and the motor as well!

23. Thank you ! Vein, you should hear it run ! Smiles per the mile ! Thanks again to Marshall & Russ at Thun Field Rod & Custom and Josh with Austin's Promax here in Tacoma. Just had it re-detailed, now just need to get back home between the *$@#ing rain showers

24. little engine detailing to come, wasn't fond on the air cleaners on the engine. Just received the 11/16" chrome acorn head bolts covers. I'm also looking into a doing some expanded metal dress up on the engine (say a battery cover top of radiator) Have been going over my collection of old (Spotlight)Hot Rod Custom Car Engines, Wiring etc.. May need some help on were to find some cool expanded metal , maybe some tips from other who have made covers also

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010