Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm Sick of Infomercials

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jamesgr81, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesgr81

jamesgr81

Every car related TV show, especially Hot Rod TV, is nothing more than a shill touting somebody's stuff or another boring shop tour. Doesn't anybody make stuff anymore or build anything without so and so's suspension and the inevitable ghetto blasting stereo sh...

HAMB and Muscle Machines are the last bastions of media that haven't gone the same way as Hot Rod, Rod and Custom, or Street Rodder. Just like a print version of an informercial they are - get some junk free from a company looking to promote their parts, put it on, and say it great it is even if it didn't fit or broke 2 days later. Boring and useless....

I can't stand that mealy mouthed Barry Mequiar and his fawning interviews either.

2. 5window

5window

So don't watch it. Go outside and play, hug your family, pick up trash on the road. No-one likes infomercials, so what's your point? They are on because someone pays to air them and you are watching COMMERCIAL, ie for profit, television.

3. brad chevy

brad chevy

Reality shows,chop cut rebuild,my classic car best time to go out and work on the car.You won"t learn anything or get anything done watching T.V.

4. roddinron

roddinron

Really no different than magazines, money makes the world go 'round. You don't think they put these shows on out of the goodness of their hearts do you?

5. RichG

RichG

TV? Who has time for TV? I spend all my free time cruisin' the Hamb!

Uh oh, next week Ryan's gonna get a letter from a television producer 'cause the Hamb is killing his ratings!:p

6. chubbie

chubbie

I feel your pain!:mad: the thing that gets me is the average guy sees so much of this commercial stuff that they are brain washed to think you have to have this stuff. I mentor a bunch of young, and first time builders, its a battle. they cant remember what the parts are called,,,,,but they can all say TCI,IDIDIT,crate motor , L o c a r . . e c t...

7. RichG

RichG

"IDIDIT"...ah, no you DIDN'T!:p

8. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

And this has what to do with Hot Rods?

9. Racewriter

Racewriter

Well, I'm watching Spike right now, and in a few minutes on Trucks, they're going to show how to rebuild a junkyard alternator on the cheap. I've done it before, but I'm assuming that a lot of people haven't. You can usually pick up some decent stuff on these shows if you want to. And of course, if you don't, you don't.

10. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Im sick of people bitching about stupid shit

11. doctorZ

doctorZ

I have a fantastic solution that has worked flawlessly for me for the better half of a decade: I DON'T HAVE A TV!

12. luckyuhaul

luckyuhaul

I don't like Barry M. either, send him your eyeballs, he doesn't have any.:(

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ah, hell watch them with one eye while having the early morning coffee and checking out the Hamb and then just check out what's interesting. Or dvr and fast forward it to the five minutes out of 30 that are actually interesting.
    Pushing products pays their bills and wages and if they didn't push products there wouldn't be any of these shows on tv.

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Ha hahahah:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.