Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects flames scallops or pinstripes??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, Nov 11, 2010.

1. dannyego

dannyego

So, I havent had much luck trying to sell or trade this, so I figured I would play with it a little over winter, The paint is getting a little old on it so I figured it wouldnt hurt to mess around with it a little bit. I was thinking maybe seaweed style flames over the whole thing front to back. I really havent seen scallops on a Falcon that I have really liked, but who knows... Or I could just throw some subtle striping on it. Opinions or photoshopping help would be appreciated! I dont want it too look like a rebel rodz car but I have heard on too many occasions that it looks like an old man car....

Attached Files:

2. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scallops will work if done right.

3. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Nope, I wouldn't do anything but drive that.

4. H3O

H3O

i've got scallops and pinstripes on mine. can't have a car without pinstripes, and the scallops go with the body lines on my car. i shaved my trim too.

5. dannyego

dannyego

oh yeah and does it get any more hillbilly than that second picture with a hillbilly pool on my driveway with the neighbors T.A. with a bad saran wrap paintjob on jackstands :)

6. RDR

RDR

nice looking car...personally I'd spend the money on a set of narrow whitewalls... stripings good too...

7. dannyego

dannyego

Yeah Im with you on that one. I used what I had for the summer. It would definately lok better with the pinner whites.

8. seaweed flames would be cool if you did the right colors

9. I would leave it alone. This isn't the time of year to sell a convert, but that car should bring $3k no worries come Spring.

10. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Flames work, scalops are cool and pinstripes can work. Flames need to flow with the body. Flames that stop short of the front fenders just don't cut it. Scalops are cool but need to follow the bodylines without being overbearing. Pinstriping will do wonders for the price but do your homework on the pinstriper. Most of all do what makes you happy....

11. edweird

edweird

a pinch of scallops, dont over do it. and some tastefull striping on the hood and trunk.

12. IF you have to do something with the paint, look up "Watson style" scallops!

13. hemi guy 53

hemi guy 53
    from colorado

two tone dark on bottom light on top works every time

14. dannyego

dannyego

I'm leaning towards white seaweed flames. I dig Watson style scallops but not sure how they would look on a falcon. My concern about the flames is flowing around the trim. I do not want to pull the trim and fill the holes.

15. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

words of wisdom.

16. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

You must be a hillbilly with money:D:D:eek:We alway had a metal horse tank pool that someone else threw out!

17. i've always prefered flames, and don't really like scallops, but on your car, i'm thinking scallops might work

18. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

you'll right , it does look like an old man,s car.and this old man likes it . I would think before doing anything , remember the kool trim & what it would do to it.

19. ChrisBorsheim

ChrisBorsheim

scallops, kill the trim.

20. robleticia

robleticia

If your intent is to eventually sell the car, why spend the money and time to put flames or scallops on it? That will only narrow the amount of people that consider buying it because it might not be to their taste. The car with trim looks really good now. I say get some good wax and buff that baby out, that paint should shine! And you leave a blank canvas for the next guy who might not like flames. Just my .02 cents.

21. 73super

73super

Pinstirpes, but not over done. Scallops really have to be done right to look decent.. and I don't think they work on every car. Flames.. no.

22. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Why ruin a nice cruiser

23. PacaRacer50

PacaRacer50

on the right car flame scallops look good. depends on the look you are going for.
    PaceRacer50

Attached Files:

24. brad chevy

brad chevy

In both pics the wheels and tires just kill the car alltogether Maybe some mild pinstripes and a good buffing but mostly change the tires and wheels.

25. I'm thinking just a hole............................with a 8:71 and 2 660's poking through, straight front axle, altered wheelbase, just sayin. Seriously, small cool car, nice small tasteful PINSTRIPING. Flames or scallops would overwelm. BDM

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  26. Yea maybe pins strips at the outside most. But even at that I would lean toward something subtle and not go too extreme. Think Tommy the Greek as opposed to Von Dutch.

Anyway I think Bowtie Brown and I are on pretty much the same page here.

27. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

As others stated, your car do what you like, butt I personally would do conservative pin striping.....

28. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

i'm agree with this 100%. just add some pinner whites.

29. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

I agree......

But a straight axle...gasser...hmmmm...cool!

30. dannyego

dannyego

haha.. If anthing is going to get a straight axle it is going to be my 56. I was trying to sell it so I would have room in the garage this winter. I plan on making my garage bigger this spring so If it doesnt sell over winter I will have the room to keep it. I hear you on the pinner whites though. That definately needs to happen.