Register now to get rid of these ads!

Location?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironpile, Nov 11, 2010.

1. ironpile

ironpile

Why do so many not give actual hometowns in their posts? Is it because of theft?:confused:

2. Witness Protection Program.

3. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Nobody would recognize the name anyway.

4. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

thanx alot ,now i won't get any sleep tonite. Are you talking bout me ? Iam totally freaked out . I really do live in stuckin , kansas. Look on your map .
    AND I HATE CHEVROLETS.

5. I suspect most of it's to try to be witty, cute, whatever term you like.

6. sgt is right

I like locations listed in your info so you know where and what folks are talking about! Lots of the San Diego folks list and reference SD. I am from South Dakota, it can be confusing until you decipher it................Plus, the Only SD IS South Dakota anyway! ;)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  7. bdbecker

bdbecker
    from Iowa

Yep.

8. lawman

lawman

I put mine on because everybody in the world knows where Flaherty Kentucky is located. We have two gas stations, a Bank,a Dollar store and
    The Flaherty Tractor store. What more would you want !!!!! LOL
    Tom (Tired Old Man)

9. pro85fiero

pro85fiero
    BANNED

Government interference!

10. I dont know if listing " BUMF*** " would get me banned.

11. Some folks just want to run in stealth mode.

I put mine in there so if someone gets their panties in a bunch they know where to come to get their whuppin'.:p

12. lawman

lawman

Hey Bulldog ,that place is right down the road from Flaherty !!! LOL
    Tom (Tired Old Man)

13. Special Ed

Special Ed

Yeah, I see that with the folks in LA (Los Angeles) and LA (Louisiana) too. I see a reference to something that makes no sense to me, then I need to get my Atlas out...:)

14. howdy neighbor!!!

15. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Some folks do some stupid things on the internet ...

Like tell where they are and that they are going to the XWY show. That way .. and internet criminal/crook can find their place and steal all their tools/cars/whatever. :(

I was broke in to, years ago when the Gatlinburg rod run was going on.
    Lost a big MAC roll around tool box ( top and a bottom ), a welder and a good many neat parts. :mad:

Sometimes you just have to be a little careful.

:)

16. I like seeing where folks are from, I've made a lot of good friends on here, three of them were over here last night.

17. I agree with the theft aspect of posting too much info. It is really amazing how much info a person can get from this site. You may think you are posting a pic of your "jalopy" when you are inadvertantly posting tons of info about yourself and your location.

I am a "shred it then burn it" kind of person when it comes to paperwork with too much info on it about me but I am aware that paperwork is not the only way to get plenty of info.

As an experiment I found someone on this site that was simply posting pics and info about the cars they own and also telling everyone what races/shows they would be attending. They listed the small town they are from (North Eastern US) BUT they also included (by accident) a pic of a work truck in the background of one of the pics (the work truck had their business name on the door). Turns out they own their own business (the owners listed on the business website match the names of the people posting here) and by using google earth I was able to determine that the business is located on the same property as their house, on several acres outside of town. As rediculous as this sounds, I was able to determine exactly where they live, how close the neighbours are (thanks again to google earth), what is in their garage and when they will be a long distance from home :(.

Lucky for them I am an honest person :) ... but, if I can get that kind of info so can anyone else :eek:. You do not have to be honest or have integrity to "lurk" on this site.

Too much time on my hands? ... Oh yeah :rolleyes:

18. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I say Las Vegas cuz if I actually used Lizardpiss, AZ....everyone would want to move here.

19. Cause you might be an axe murderer:eek:.

20. I'm getting ya within 3 miles, what more do ya want?

21. cherokee_64

cherokee_64

Where do you people live?!!!!!

22. cherokee_64

cherokee_64

Also, when uh, do you go to work? ;)

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd think the possibility of being hit by a potential thief would be the prime thing and a bit of anonymity by others. I made a slight change on mine a while back and while it tells the PNW guys the general area (noted for wine, hops and apples) it doesn't pinpoint me.

If someone needs to find me for honest reasons I'm easy enough to find as it is.

Buy yes as a group we are way too free with info about when we will be gone from home and or the shop and how long we will be gone. But then the guys at the local gas station probably knows that we are going to be gone for a period of time anyhow from when we stopped and filled the car on the way out of town loaded down with going on a trip stuff.

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

<<< My tin foil hat protects me just fine! Well, that, and my small arsenal...

25. Check location under my avitar.

Semi-Retired but someone out there wants me to work for them they just don't know it yet. :)

26. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I'm right down the street, just in case.

27. 76cam

76cam

Well I listed mine just to have luling tx on the internet and if you know where the town is you can find me its easy.

28. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

In my huge town we have a post office and a bar , So if your after my shit you can grab 6 to go and mail a letter on your way out...

29. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I don't think the state wants the address of the prison on the board.
    CELL BLOCK C IF YOU NEED TO KNOW.DAMN-IT.

30. I wouldn't post my address and a schedule of when I am away, but I feel safe listing my home town. Plus I have a big gun.