Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where is a good place to move in So Cal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Camm, Nov 11, 2010.

1. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

East coast would be a cheaper and different choice..... NorCar or SoCar.....

2. he already lives in Nor Cal and is looking for something Warmer - Sheesh, some guys can't read :cool:

3. [​IMG]

Please, somebody tell me this a joke.

4. aaggie

aaggie

There are warm places to live besides California. Pay attention to the nightly news, they are spending $40MILLION dollars a day on unemployment and the state is BILLIONS of dollars in debt. Taxes will eat you alive.

Look at some real estate websites and be amazed at what a small house goes for. Central Texas has nice climate, no state income taxes and low unemployment.

5. 31' A Bone

31' A Bone
    from So Cal

Acton is a small horse property type town. It is off the 14 freeway, The 14 does get some traffic from Palmdale/Lancaster, but the land is relitively cheap compared to father south and very little crime.
    It seems that the affordable areas that are lower crime in So Cal attract the type of people the used to live in the heavy crime areas. In other words affordable areas usullay have high crime. I have noticed that the small towns that have horse property and are on the outskirts of metro areas are fairly cheap and does not attract the wrong crowd.

Bill

6. hemi guy 53

hemi guy 53
    from colorado

7. Special Ed

Special Ed

This may sound like an odd suggestion to you, but have you considered a "trade"? I'm certain there are people down here frustrated at their attempts to sell their home, that would love to move up to your neck of the woods. I believe there are realtors who specialize in this type of transaction, and it might be worth a bit of research on your part.

In a very broad sense, the closer you are to the coast, the more expensive the property...:)

8. rbradber

rbradber
    from Choctaw

Ramona? You have to drive "death road - 67) to get anywhere at a standstill. Can you spell 100 mph Santa Ana winds. Do you own a firetruck? Drove me out of there!!!!!

9. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Anywhere in L.A. County, traffic sucks and low crime areas command very high housing costs. Maybe towns around Filmore. They are quaint and low density.

10. big creep

big creep

yea but when there is a car crash on the 5 and where the 14 meet it will take you forever to get to work. o wait hes retired right? shit acton would be a good. you know paso, atasadero, cayucos,morro bay!nipomo! man so many places, not to cheap but not a lot of traffic too.

11. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

the man wants SoCal...:rolleyes:

12. big creep

big creep

filmore is beautiful, and not far from ventura!!!! or los angeles.

13. 067chevy

067chevy

So Cal. WHY????

14. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Ojai, Santa Paula....

15. plan9

plan9

Filmore, Piru, Ojai, Ventura ... etc etc, pretty much all of the nor-western section of socal is excellent. stay north.. the basin, (especially Orange County) in my opinion, is a ripe shit hole.

i wouldn't trade Clearlake for anything less.

16. big creep

big creep

cause thats what he asked for!!!! he lives in northern cali, he wants to come south so we who live here are giving him great places to look in.

17. Wicked50

Wicked50

East LA or Compton LOL

18. big creep

big creep

carpinteria! but thats big bucks i think?

19. Stukka

Stukka
    from SoCal

How about the burbs of San Diego. Say, 20 or 30 mile radius of downtown. You can still get acreage or a decent sized house plot.

20. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

any beach city with a couple of acres is going to be in the millions

21. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

22. big creep

big creep

we found a real cheap house for sale in cambria, but man what would i do for work? and yea the house needed some work. its a beautiful small town and you can find something, not acres though, but a home and a shop yes you can. for a retired man it would be perfect and a small town!

23. 59 brook

59 brook

bakersfield seemed like it was in the middle of b.f.e.

24. Camm

Camm

Thank's for all the input guy's. Lived in Nor Cal my whole life and don't know jack about So Cal. I was planning on moving to Oregon but i don't think my busted up old joints are going to like it there. To damp and cold, I've been up there the last two months and it hurt, and it's not even winter yet. I thought about Arizona, but it seems to hot. My brother lasted only six month.:)

25. 4406

from Oklahoma

Good luck where ever you end up.

26. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Well Valencia is not to bad. But then again i want out in 8 years. Utah here i come!

27. big creep

big creep

no way waaaayyyyyy too much traffic!

28. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Take some trips down here and look around. Anything south of Ventura County sucks for traffic. Another good place is Buelton/Solvang or Santa Maria area.
    Look before you decide.

29. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Whats wrong with Clearlake? I was up there (Upper Lake) recently, visiting a car builder, thought it was nice area, beautiful lake, etc. A lot of car guys have moved to the Central Coast (Atascadero, Paso Robles, etc) to get out of the "big city"

30. big creep

big creep

buelton! home of the split pea soup! Mmmmmmmmmmm! my girl and i make it a must stop everytime we drive by, or solvang danish pancakes kick-ass!!!!!!