Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sometimes i envy you California guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuzznick, Nov 10, 2010.

1. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

All the trash talk about California by outsiders reminds me of the fat ugly chicks making snarky, bitchy comments about Miss America....

I moved to Los Angeles 14 years ago from the Upper Mid-West where I spent the previous 37 years. That part of the country is no paradise either (and I'm not necessarily referring to the weather). Each time that I think that I might be better off back in Minnesota or my home state of Montana, I remember my first Winter here ... I was on my driveway in a T-shirt and shorts, washing the cars on a sunny 70 degree, late December day and the thought occured to me: THIS IS AS BAD AS WINTER IS GOING TO GET!! That mental picture brightens my day every time. :cool:

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Cool, I'm glad I caught another F CA thread. I love these.

3. firingorder1

firingorder1

Before this thread gets closed. Stan Beck, Hows the roadster coming along? May El Mirage will be here before you know it. And El Mirage is only an hour from you.

4. I lived in Washington State when I was young. I'm not happy in those tempuratures now, though. Seen Mtn St Helens erupt, when I lived there. I was on my bicycle at the park, cos' school was cancelled. I was exposed to the 4wheeling thing up there. I've always ended up back here, though. I ain't going nowheres A`!

5. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Gee, this is going well.

6. Really guy, that's the best you have?......At least have a point.....it's much more entertaining to the reader......

7. High jack alert.. WOOP WOOP!

I bought a 27T Roadster body.. But I am looking for a 30-31 Fiberglass Roadster body. I might R&R the T Body & hold out out for the right deal! Thanks,
    Stan Beck!(I love that)

8. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

How come there is only f%$k Cali threads? Not F#$k other states? Hmmmmmm

BTW- I think Texas is the hot rodding mecca now...may want to ponder that y'all!

9. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

No it's not.....Otherwise I'd be busy every weekend. It's most certainly gaining speed tho, but not Mecca or Medina.

They do have a Paris, Comfort, Welfare and Fairy.:D

10. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

See and I didn't even know you left Cali....it is truely gaining speed. It's funny, since I left there is more to do here in Utah than in Cali, with friends of course! Much different out of the state....

11. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

When I woke up this morning, it was a frigid 65 degrees! Then I went to Pomona to watch some warm ups for the Winter Nationals. It was a frigid 70 degrees. Maybe there is a reason I'm spending 1,650 a month in rent.

All taken today at the Pomona dragstrip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. fuzznick

fuzznick

Nope

13. fuzznick

fuzznick

Hmmm this thread was actually about me wanting to be in the sun,having a cold beer and forget about this snowcoldashellshitofawinter here in Sweden.I didnt know there were so much hate amongst you Americans:) ..Peace out..

14. I have lived in NJ all of my life. It used to be a great place back before I started hating winter and before they built on every available square inch of land, and the taxes went through the roof, but it's home and I have to deal with it's short-comings as this is were my family and friends are. And they are more important to me than location. I would be miserable without them.
    Been to California four times and, so far, the only thing I don't like about it is that I wasn't born there. Eh, maybe next time........

15. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Denver is no place to live if you can't handle the snow either,LOL. I drive my chopped top Elcamino daily,Yesterday after shoveling the snow of my car and scraping the ice off my windows to go to work my doors were frozen shut.It is snowing this morning also. Man this cold shit sucks! I envy you Californians. Oceanside Ca sounds nice right about now.

16. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  17. big creep

big creep

hey Ed i dont live on the beach, but i wish i did!!!! what a great set up! someday i hope i will have the same?

18. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Hell yeah! I'm lovin it here. Come one come all, just don't tell us how it was better back home and we'll get along well.

19. 5SPOKE

5SPOKE

Well I hate to break it to ya, but I am in California, at 5100' up in those hills called the Sierra/Nevada Mtns :) and we get some of that frozen water stuff as well......
    this is from last year, ours has barely started this year...But I love it here, I just find other things to do, like building models......., now where did I leave that glue ?? :)

Attached Files:

20. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Damn Ed...That is awesome!!! Back where the sun rises first on America in Maine you need to be up at 4am to see this!!

21. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

HEY ED, What beach is that? When I hit the lotto I'm gonna retire on the beach in San Diego. I love hanging out in OB!

22. Special Ed

Special Ed

That is Moonlight Beach in Encinitas. I did not take that picture, nor do I live on the beach. I'm inland perched on a hill with an ocean view. I used that image to drive home a point. I've been fortunate enough to even see a couple of green flashes from my deck, as the sun sets on the water!

That stretch of beach is where the National Woodie Club holds their annual "Wavecrest" show. It has firepits, and is a great spot to drive a hotrod, park on the bluff and burn weinies...

23. I wouldn't call it hate.....more envy than anything.....

24. This says it all......

25. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Not so much... some petty jealousy, but mostly it's guys enjoying busting each others' balls. Of course, for some it's a blood sport! :p

26. Toner283

Toner283

I hate to break it to you but Pamela Anderson is Canadian.

27. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

LOL! Bwa bwa bwaaaaaaa

28. firingorder1

firingorder1

Yeah, we tried importing babes from joisey but they were so ugly when they were on the beach the tide wouldn't come in. We had to ship them back.

29. Special Ed

Special Ed

Yes, from Vancouver I believe. But she was bright enough to move to Southern California and lives in Malibu...

30. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Dude...no skin off MY nose! I'm not even from NJ!!!! LOL I'm just cursed with living here for the time being :eek:

California, based on my experience living out there for awhile....and my wife's experience growing up there for the first 24 years of her life, is a Greek tragedy of sorts....like Joss Whedon's career or any Star Trek film after Wrath of Khan. So much going for it, so much coolness still there.....but it's been slowly eaten alive on so many fronts, and there's no turning back....smoke em while you got em.