Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why Did You Become A...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drive Em, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Drive Em

Drive Em

....Ford person, Chevy person, Mopar etc?

2. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

.....^^^^^hole, it's what people call me;).

3. Spity

Spity

...because at the time I didnt know any better.

4. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

My whole family worked for GM both my dad and step dad were top branch executives my dad was ahead of the big truck division and my step dad was ahead of Gm truck advertising..... As a way to get back at them I have always had a Ford in the stable:D

5. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Still can't make up my mind - I have a Chevy - Ford - AMC - Plymouth ranging from the 30's to the 60's - man I need help - nah!!! Enjoy 'em all!!

6. Drive Em

Drive Em

My dad had circle track cars that were always Mustangs, and '54 Fords. My first car was a '70 Mach I that I still own. It has been all down hill from there.

7. gtkane

gtkane

Grew up with Mopar...but GM has paid the bills for the last 20 yrs.

8. guitar man

guitar man
    from Tulsa OK

You know it's funny, I never really was one or the other. When I was growing up my Dad kept a lot of old iron around, it all ran and was all tagged and ready to go, 6,7,8 cars and trucks at any given time. And it was always a mish mash, ford, chevy, Pontiac, olds, dodge ... whatever, he didn't care, if he saw it, liked it and got a good deal on it, he would buy it. I've always been kinda the same way. I had a lot of fords and a few mopars when I was younger but now, hey, if it's old I'm just happy to have it no matter what brand it is , as long as it's not a ricer :D

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

It's the funniest thing with me. For many years I liked GMs for daily drivers and Mopars for muscle-performance cars.

Then my sister went to work for Ford and I ended up buying Ford vehicles because of the great deals due to her employment.

Now we have 2 newer Fords and I'm building a 312 Y Block powered 26 RPU.

Somehow I got a transfusion of Ford Blue :D

Maybe it has something to do with the hot sounding 312 powered 55 Ford 2 dr sedan an aquaintance had when I was a kid. The sound of that car would give you goose bumps :)

10. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

bought a chevy for my self in 1996 and my folks always drove gm. many mostly trouble free miles. although i have come to find out that US built Gm cars are more dependable.

11. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

My chevy was fast.

12. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

A '70 Charger R/T with a 440 automatic and 12 inch wide Centerlines on the back.

13. Mopars and Fords but mainly Mopar . The 1929 Dodge I now have is to honour my Dad as he owned a few back in the day , the late 30's, and they are a nice looking car. My daily driver is a late model GMC truck , first of my life, just because it was easy . Rob

14. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Beacues Fords are gay.

15. BISHOP

BISHOP

I always thought Chevy had better looking cars and trucks. My daily is a Chevy, but my Hot Rod is a Ford.

16. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Evidently lowlife scum like Chevy’s…..they kept steeling all mine…so I switched to other things

17. Deuces

Deuces

GM, Ford and Mopar.... In that order.... :)

18. No specific make preffered, thay all made junk at one time or the other. I'm still blowing with the wind, doing whatever. Feels like I've had one of each, it's been so long. Like my old Fords hate my 02 Ford truck, for example. Like 60's Mopars and Chevs. Favourite 50's cars are a 57 Ford 52 Chevs. It goes on and on. Couldn't tell you why.

19. When i was about 9, I use to play a Game called 'Street Rod'
    The 58 Impala was always my car of choice, Mainly because i've always been a big car person.
    So all in all, I suppose that's what makes me a Chev person...Or caddy. Those two are my Favourite!

20. dt50chev

dt50chev

Always been a Chevy guy. GM has had better styling than Ford or Mopar. Don't get me wrong, there are a few Fords and a few Mopars I wouldn't mind owning some day. Lately the '36 Ford has been a favorite.

21. Kustom Leatherworks

Kustom Leatherworks
    from Milwaukee

22. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Chevy, Ford, Dodge..... Like them all because they are American made.

23. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Studebaker, cause I need my fucking head examined!

24. Abomb

Abomb

Because I was 15, I wanted a fast car, and I had no money, I'm a chevy guy.....

25. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

i started off liking fords, because thats all my dad used to own, then one day he worked on a friends 69 camaro and i went along for a test ride, and now i dont drive anything thats not gm powered hahahaha

26. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I have owned , Pontiac's , Oldsmobile's , Plymouth's , Chrysler's , Dodges , Jeeps , American Motors , VW's , Chevrolet's , Fords .
    I have also worked as an engines mechanic for Ford & Chevrolet . I have also worked as a mechanic in other car shops too so I have worked pretty much on all the American cars that were made back in the day !
    Now with all that said I just would rather own a Ford ! I have a 49 , 50 & 55 Fords and love them all . I also really like Mopars due to me owning a 1969 Dodge Super Bee that was bad-ass as living Hell ! I have also owned and drag raced many small block and big block Fords , Mopars and Chevy's , BUT I still love my Fords First ! Easy to work on , easy to find parts cheap and very easy to make plenty of big HP & Torque . Most of all they are very reliable !
    The only reason you see so many orange crate engines being built with "Seasoned" blocks is because the salvage yards are full of the orange engines ! What I really can't stand is when someone sticks a damn orange cheapo crate engine in a FORD ! I hate that to no end but thats my choice !
    Another thing to look at is FORD was the ONLY car manufacture that didn't have to crawl on their knees to the damn government to ask for "Bail Out Money" so they could keep making cars !

It's like this , everyone has their own special car manufacture and their special engine design that they like over the others . That's why we have choices to what we want to build , right ? So when it all comes down to it , who really cares which car manufacture you like the best over another one ! It's all about HOT RODDING , bottom line ! So what ever you choose to use , just be happy with it and drive it all you can ! :D

Just build your choice of engine well so it will last and make sure you have the power you want from it ! So go out into your garage , yard or where ever you are building your project and get it build so you can drive it like it should be driven !
    Just my opinion !

Retro Jim

27. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Because bowties are for dinner suits and ford is the original hot rod.automotive Icons are all fords starting with henry himself,the model T ,model A,the flathead ,the 32 ford,the 36,the 39-40,the 49-50.Ford transcends hot rods and customs.Dont forget the mercs as well.

28. first ive owned somwhere around 200 cars i kinda lost count( mostly muscle era cars)

i spent along time being a mopar or no car person i bought my first 69 charger when i was about 20 bought my second 69 charger about a month later and until i was about 35 all i owned with one or two exceptions were mopars at 35 i decided life was too short to be so narrow minded there are too many cool cars out there to limit myself to one brand

before i bought my first mopar i owned 2 pontiacs and 2 mustangs

i still like pontiacs and as youi can see by my signature i own fords and still have a 69 roadrunner (its for sale on another site though no not egay)

right now my daily is a 77 olds vista cruiser that my grandpa bought when it was a year old (went on the test drive init with him i was 8)

i like em all as long as thier old AND AMERICAN
    well id own a jaguar xke if i could afford one or a aussy ford falcon from the early 70s but thats a ford isnt it

my grandpa retired from the hamilton fisher body plant (they did doors ,roofs, and floors mainly) not far from the norwood ohio plant where alot of camaros, firebirds, novas (including yenkos) were built
    he was always putting down anything that wasnt a GM my uncle and my dad both had mopars when i was a kid grandpa allways called them lemons i wont tell you what he called fords

its funny though shortly after i blew the spider gears out my first car (68 firebird) that my mom bought new i found a 72 mach one guess who loaned me the money for it my grandpa he just handed me the money never tried to talk me out of it i was shocked

i will own them all but my order of preference is

ford includes all ford products
    , mopar
    , pontiac,
    all other GM
    then chevies

for some reason me and gms dont seam to get along that well together

29. i cant make up my mind. its a sickness ive had for 35 years.
    i should book into the Betty Ford clinic....

30. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I've had chevy & mopar muscle cars, but I got into Fords in part because the some of local Chevy guys ragged on Fords and said they weren't fast. I proved them wrong, and laughed doing it.
    That said, if my Dad will ever let me have my late grandma's '54 Chevy, (yeah right) it will get a 409 W motor, M-22 and 9 inch, just because it seems the right thing to do.