Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 33-34 Ford coupe bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ss34coupe, Nov 5, 2007.

1. SS34 coupe, Paul bradley in N. C. was making the floor pans. He adversties in Hemmings. I made alot calls to him and I could not get him to return any of my calls. I dont know for sure what has happen to him. I had the rear pan with the hole for the diff. in it and the pan that goes behind it left over from a 5 window. I made the rumble foot boxes and the tunnel myself. Donnie Smart in Valdese, N.C. makes the best subrails, they fit like a glove. The quater patchs and the cowel patchs that are being made dont fit, the profile is not correct. I had to make them as well. The rockers are a fair start but they need alot of work to get them to fit as they should. The foot boxes were gone in the front of my car, the part that holds the front floorboard. They were cut out to run the exhaust thru.

Attached Files:

2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Trying to find out, it was drag raced in Texas, Ft. Worth/Dallas area as Hot Rod Olds in the 50s and 60s, other than that I haven't found much.
    I tried to track down the guy who's name is on the bill of sale, last known address was in Austin, he's probaly dead by now.
    There was a car in a 1959 little book that has a chop damn similar to mine, it's got the crappy shunt in the door, real piss poor job but it's the one thing recognizable on the car, I'm keeping it.
    The car needs new quarters and door skins, I'll get around to it one day.

Ed hardenburgh likes this.
  3. ftroop

ftroop
    from Detroit

Here's a ruff one, I don't think she's saveable. And my 5 window.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. titus

titus

i think someone would be willing to make a wager on that one if its saveable!

jeff

5. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Fladhead34 thanks for the info. Anyone else know if Bradley is still making panels?

6. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Ftroop, your red five window is awesome! Got any build pics, or photos of what the body looked like when the project started?

7. 31pickemup

31pickemup

Bradley isnt making anything right now. I would stick with Donnie smart. He is making a new floor that will be out around Feb. or March. Its 16 gauge and way better than Bradley's. He make all the best panels now.

8. Roadsir

Roadsir

I've posted this in a few other 33-34 threads but not this one. Hope to start on this again in a month or two.

[​IMG]

9. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

These are some pics of a friends 34 that I stole from his myspace. The pictures dont do justice on how rusted to hell this 3 window really is, but if anyone can fix it he can.

Attached Files:

10. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

11. 2-TONED

2-TONED

i feel like i cheated too!
    2004 i bought it.
    not a patch panel in it, old stewart warners, chrome deluxe garnish, a deluxe, all kinds of stuff came with it infact the whole car & then some!! all THE original sheetmetal TO THE CAR & hardware. louvers punched, bumpers, etc... a 60s then 70s rod & then repainted in 80 --- several pickup loads to get it all home, didnt wanna scratch it worse than it was.
    'extensive chrome plating had been done'
    BUT.... i spent 'time' tracking it down under pressure as i heard it may be for sale & i heard a price so i was crazy with desire & it wasnt easy AT NIGHT - IN THE RAIN knocking on doors asking if they know who owns a red 1934 ford a hot rod! -- 'BRIGHT RED' WHO OWNS IT?! he used to drive it how couldnt they know? i figured id knock on ONE door as it was in their neighborhood?? NO i knocked on lots of doors i knew the area the car lived just not for sure which house or a name or nothin. --

i was standing in the street in the rain ready to give up i knocked on enough doors scared enough people & some guy opened his garage door & we stared at each other i think he thought i looked suspicious so i ran up to him & he said 'i have NO idea but a guy down there works on trucks go ask him. i did he dosent work on trucks but he had a 34 out back in his shed!:D --- i got a deal for once & owned it 2 (TWO) minutes after he answered the door. i just barley lifted the old cover on one side of the body after i saw parts layin allllll over for it & i said SOLD ill take it!
    did get some snazzy billet inside door handles with it too!

oh hey after the deal was done he said hey theres a new motor at the machine shop all done paid for been there quite awhile go get it. & i did. --- i was happy with wicked old 327 that had been in it for yyyyyears with a th400. 2 motors a bonus!
    ITS NICE i wouldnt trade for any other 34 3 window i dont think.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  12. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

:)I know this is for coupes, but can we see some sedans???????:)

13. rustymetal

rustymetal

here is 33 5 window and 34 3 window that i got get at.

Attached Files:

14. Hey, I don't know Donnie Smart - how do I get in touch with him? I'm going to change the floor out in my coupe - to a flat floor. I'd like to have one that is styled after the original and looks the part. Thanks!

Dale

15. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

34 stock car I just pick up. Jared
    [​IMG]

16. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Jared, that old stock car you just picked up looks like a great project. Have you got any more pics to post? That chassis was a hotrod at one time - have fun with the project, we need to save those old stock cars!! See mine at the beginning of this thread.

17. scruff

scruff

Here's the remains of an old stock car I've been collecting parts for.

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      134.6 KB
      Views:
  18. Weasel

Weasel

This - Murray bodied, frameless windows - cabriolet doors.

[​IMG]

19. scruff

scruff

Luckily I've got this one for measurements

Attached Files:

20. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

here is another pic of my 34 coupe[​IMG]

21. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

One of, if not the most classic styles ever! Jim

22. Norgbj

Norgbj
    from Sweden

Please, more 33-34 Ford coupe bodies!!

23. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

my 33 five window is coming along. Hope to have it on the road by next summer.

Attached Files:

RODIST likes this.
  24. Randy P

Randy P
    from Austin, TX

Here's a pair that I bought a couple of years ago. Sold them both, too many projects, too little cash! They were quite a sight when he hauled them in, both '33s although the red one had '34 hood and grille.

Attached Files:

mike bowling likes this.
  25. Randy P

Randy P
    from Austin, TX

Don't give up. Here's one a friend finally recently bought after trying to buy it since 1961.

Attached Files:

26. Deuce-Merchant

Deuce-Merchant
    from BC Canada

Looks great Steve, hope to see it soon

Kelly

27. Kustom Leatherworks

Kustom Leatherworks
    from Milwaukee

People should look at this post and compare the projects they got to these cars, crazy.

28. man those coupes look awesome on that trailer... what a great find!

29. This thread is a very inspirational! Anyone have any scraps left over? I'm gathering pieces for a '34 5-window and have a long way to go.

I would love to see some more transformations!

30. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would call this a body....You gotta squint pretty hard, but yes, there is a whole hot rod in this pile.

[​IMG]

This is the same car about 9 months in to it.

[​IMG]

See ya, -Abone.