Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen-1 of the top 10 boerne tx

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RAY With, Oct 12, 2010.

1. 58 cadisled

58 cadisled
    from Duncan, OK

why do people steal others stuff, work for what you earn. i leave my keys in my caddy sometimes wont do that anymore.

2. I am here in SA and I am all over back roads. Any word on this yet? This really sucks. I hate to hear of this and Theft is a HUGE FEAR of mine. Working on a small budget for most of us , this is a devastating blow, even if insured. Bump this thread to the top for the late night crowd..

Will

3. lesabre59

lesabre59

Only other thing ive heard was a good friend of Tommy Price's (the owner) called and asked what he was doing driving to Houston on Sunday because he was returning back to San Antonio and swore that was Tommy's truck and trailer that went by on I-10 to Houston.

4. cooger

cooger

Unless they had scoped it out prior, I bet the truck/trailer was the target. The trailer is enclosed, so they probably thought it had goodies of some other kind in it......if they knew it beforehand, then the whole rig is probably in a chop shop close by with the parts or truck heading to the border. The Conroe swap meet is coming in two weeks, I'll damm sure be looking for "cool and cheap" parts for a roadster.
    Maybe Iran does something right, don't they just chop off the parts that touch whatever they steal---I'd like to see that in this case.
    Sorry mother's.
    cooger

5. You gotta make it so they have to physically lift your stuff, for it to be safe, cause you know they don't WORK for a living.

My heart goes out to the owner. Cause he's got his and his son's soul into that car.

I'll be keeping an eye out in my area, even if the chances are slim they'll be heading north of the 49th. You never know.

6. dirty4

dirty4

I am gonna invest in a lo-jack for mine...too much money to just give some slimey thieving bastards. I hope they find your rig and the car.

7. seatex

seatex

Damn, nothing new on this...............??????????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

8. lesabre59

lesabre59

9. ALLSTEELWILLYS

ALLSTEELWILLYS
    from TEXAS

This Really sucks... This is the First time I read this but... The owner is a good freind and co-worker with my Dad. I will ask him any info tonight.

10. K and K

K and K

I cant imagine what I would do to someone who took something that I shared so closely with my son. Im sure the victim in this case feels the same way...

11. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Just some info to hopefully help Tom and the family with this sad loss. To those who have already mentioned it, Thanks, Tom is a great, stand-up guy and this is very unfair. I bought, completely reconstructed and sold this car to Tom on 6/8/08. To anyone who thinks they might possibly have seen this car somewhere since the theft I have photos taken during reconstruction which might help identify it if needed and will gladly email them to anyone in need of clarification. To clarify one other comment mentioned, not at all sure how this got in there; yes, my son was lost in Afghanistan on Oct 28/08 but in fact had nothing to do with this car as he was in CA at the time preparing his team for what sadly, turned out to be his last mission. Too bad we can't now send that USMC team after the bastards that stole this car. Let's give Tom any and all help we can finding his machine. Thanks

12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

WOW! just read the thread, I built the chassis for that car about 4/5 years ago. Many modifications, only one other like it and it was mine. Shame about it being stolen. I can dam sure identify the chassis.

13. seatex

seatex

My bad, I must have misunderstood when I spoke with the owner a year ago in Boerne. I meant no disrespect. Sorry for your loss.

14. Moe

Moe

This post makes me sick ... I hope its found ...

15. Back to top .....:(

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I think that being a "sticky" it stays at the top. :D

Would be nice to hear some news on this. These vehicles can't just vaporize into nothingness.

17. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Any word on this?

What about the number on the engine, it would be worthwhile to watch out for on Flatties for sale.

18. lesabre59

lesabre59

I heard from Tommy this morning, no significant leads so far, he checks with SAPD detectives every morning, and has posted on numerous website...still nothing

19. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

AND vote for people that will give 30 years hard labor in a desert camp surrounded by barbed wire, sleeping with a group under a tarp for first offense for stealing a car, or breaking and entering into someone's home, or robbery.

That simple.

Ridiculous.

If we did this to all the people that are caught, case closed.

20. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Our society, laws, and courts clearly state that it is acceptable to be a thief, in fact a good choice without proper consequences.

There are not many police officers that would not love to know when they busted a thief he would be gone for good, not be see again the next month.

Until our society stop vigorously defending thiefs with our laws, and vigorously prosecuting good people for taking care of thiefs, we are pretty much screwed.

21. seatex

seatex

THE SAD THING IS, IF YOU CAUGHT ONE OF THESE BASTARDS IN THE ACT, AND GAVE HIM THE ASS KICKING HE SO RICHLY DESERVED, YOU WOULD BE MORE LIKELY TO FACE MORE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES THAN HE WOULD. WTF?:mad:

22. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I might be going to San Antonio soon transporting a car, I would really like someone to post a photo of the truck and trailer if there are any so I can print it out and take with me to keep an eye out.

23. TE PRICE

TE PRICE

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread alive. Here are a few photos that may be helpful (some new, some not). Included is a mfgr photo of the Pace box trailer. The two upper vents leaked, so I modified by mopping in square galvanized covers. This is a unique feature of this trailer! Also note the shape/stainless wheel wells; may help with ID'ing.

The "rig" photo is lo res from a still cam w/vid capability; patched together from three frame grabs. If you see the rig, the trailer or the deuce, call me immediately at 210-288-7803.

BTW, I can't get in to check this thread as frequently as I'd like; splitting the time many ways under these circumstances. Will post again when I get a chance to straighten out some details and give updates. We're staying in close contact with the team that's conducting intensive search/local and otherwise. Again, can't thank you all enough!

Tommy Price

Attached Files:

24. noboD

noboD

Thieves make me angry, sure hope you find your car and rig.

25. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Btt Any luck on this.

26. RAY With

RAY With

I was in hopes it would be located by now This is really a horrable loss and I hope it can be recovered intact. We have been looking hard in our area for any signs of car,truck and trailer.

27. TE PRICE

TE PRICE

As far as we know, at this time SAPD does not have any concrete leads on our truck,
    trailer and deuce, although there have been several truck thieves apprehended here
    in San Antonio recently. We had a confirmation (positive ID) this week from a second
    source on the sighting of our rig heading east toward Houston on IH-10. That
    would have been October 14th, Wednesday, three days after the theft.

If you know anyone in the Houston rod clubs and surrounding areas, please ask them to spread this information around, and also share it at local shows and with shops they do business with..

Thanks again, Tommy Price

28. TE PRICE

TE PRICE

Thank you for the comments and concern. We're trying everything possible to keep it at the forefront of local attention, including tracking down personal property that was in the truck and trailer. What an education. We took for granted far too much, and will go to multi-layer deterrents on all our vehicles. Know anything about the Ravelco device? (http://www.ravelco.com/)

29. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Remember -- It is a known fact that car thieves have 3 thumbs. A left thumb, a right thumb and a lower middle thumb. Remove all 3 of them!

;)

30. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My brother in-law used to install these in Houston. I had one on a custom truck I built a while back. Two break-ins and 2 broken steering columns later I still had my truck. I'll be putting one on my RPU if I ever get it done.