Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does this ol' kustom truck look familiar to anybody?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sparkydeluxe, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Lookin to possibly get some history on my old man's survivor custom pickup. He actually owned this years back when I was a kid for a few months, and sold it off to which it somehow ended up in Vegas, which is where he traded back into it and had it shipped back out to Colorado.

The previous owners have mentioned everything from the truck spending some time out in California, to ties with Gene Winfield. Just looking to see if it looks familiar to anybody out there. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Plans are to restore to the original custom state as pictured here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Cool truck! I dig the rear roll pan and taillight treatment. Good luck finding out the history.

3. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

4. Doesn't look familiar but it does look cool! Good luck finding the history of this truck.

5. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

6. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

WOW!!! Another one!!! Awesome!

7. Dig It!!!! bitchin truck

8. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Well it aint the KOPPER KART but its good potential.

9. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I'll rephrase- The front end treatment looks similar on both trucks.

Satisfied?

10. Wish I could help, but I will say it is a great lookin truck.

11. I seem to remember a white ford running around whitter Bvd back in the earley 60s
    alot of the same treatments any evadence of pipes ever being ran below the bed rails ?

12. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I remember a truck similar to that one in SoCal back in the early 60's. That front end treatment was popular back then.

13. I'll ask him tonight. I feel like it did have a couple of holes coming out of the bed for belly huggers but I'm not totally sure.

Thanks a lot everyone! Anyone else?

14. Nice old '56. Hope some history surfaces on this one.

15. Very nice truck! I think that the story about a California connection may hold some weight. I know that many years ago in the Bay Area around Vallejo there was a truck that, from memory, has, at the least, virtually identical kustom treatments. I'll have to dig through my junk and look for some old snapshots. I know some old timers out there that may remember it too.
    Any distinguishing Kustom mods other than what's in the photos that could help identify?

Erik
    WARLORDS C.C.

16. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Very kool score!!

17. kinda looks a litle bit like the mountain pearl or something close to that one of the magazinces recently did a story on it maybe it was hot rod deluxe or rod and custom

18. I think it was built in San Diego by Gary Rickle - Originaly painted dark yellow

19. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

That what I was going to say. That head light treatment was popular and I remember a few in my area.

20. Thanks Erik. The only other distinguishing features that might set it apart from the other F100's done in this style are a torsion bar front end set up that looks to be out of a Granada and was of course a later addition to the suspension, and very little interior work or modification whatsoever which to me was odd considering the many custom mods to the body.

21. sr

sr
    from Monterey

Go through street rodder magazines in the early 70s. I think there was an article about this truck in the back when before Trucking magazine. I think it was yellow. I will never forget the pulled in front fenders. I am going to look through my old books and see if i can find it. I will let you know.

22. sr

sr
    from Monterey

maybe it was a pearl white. i am old now.

23. Dug through the old photos (alot of polaroids!). I found a couple trucks with nearly identical kustom work, but not yours, unfortunatly. Most of the pictures were of 54's. Good luck on the hunt for info. I know that most of the mods done to yours were commonly done, but someone out there knows something about your build. I know I'd love to have it in my overcrowded yard.

Erik
    WARLORDS C.C.-We remember the past and CHOOSE to repeat it!

24. Yeah, the canted headlights and 62? Chrysler grille treatment were pretty common custom
    touches back then. My neighbor's had one for many years, green w/ gold scallops. Always
    very popular trucks!

25. Snakeoyl Joe

Snakeoyl Joe

Check with the F100 group here on the HAMB. Iam an old F100 guy my self Rickle was from Lemon Grove. Raced many a night down the old Federal Blvd. He was the first guy I know to make a 4 barrel manifold for a flathead. Pick Ups Limited San Diego chapter may be of some help also. I remember The pink panther a 56 F100 with that type of front end. Hope this might help.

26. Wagonmaster2

Wagonmaster2

As already mentioned, the front end treatment was common. However, the roll pan and tailight combination was not. There were many rolled rear pans, but most had bolt on tailights like '39 Ford or '50 Pontiac. Those are unique and may jar someones memory. GOod luck!!