Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Build Thread!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotrod95, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

I've been waiting a long time for this! I can finally have my own build thread! There wont be much Tech stuff in here. There wont be much detail. But, I'll post most every step I do. I am VERY excited about getting started!!!!! I'm 14, so I am learning everything as I go. I am getting a LOT of help from my parents. They do great work on cars! The last car they built is in my signature. Anyways. Here is what I have to work with! and under that is my insperation!

My Truck:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Insperation:

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 and whtbaron like this.
  2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Good for you young gun.....we will help if it is needed.

3. ryno

ryno

good luck.you have a good eye.

4. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

You have your work cut out for you , She don't look to bad though. Whats that thing on the front fender?

5. ROADSTERJEFF

ROADSTERJEFF

It is great that young people are get the bug for old cars or trucks! Keep us posted.

6. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

a laid over turn signal

7. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

I'll be askin a lot of questions, and needin a Lot of help. You'll get tired of me quick I'm sure:)

Thank you! I'm so excitied! I got it for a real good price too!

Ya, there is a lot there to do. I'll find out how much I really love cars as I go threw this project. Im not sure as to what your talkin about. The emergency light(I think) Is what is busted off and layin on the top. and there is somethin like bondo? Or somethin that is fillin in the holes.

I've been into cars since I was 8, and my parents got a 1968 mustang! I've wanted one for myself ever since! I'll post up as often as I can.

8. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

LOL , well I feel stupid. Looked like a cap for some sort of tank or something.

9. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

10. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

I've got some done. No pictures right now. Maybe later tonight. I have the hood pulled off and I started sanding it down getting ready for paint. Most of the engine compartment is stripped of its parts and I am getting ready to pull the front clip. Just thought I would update you HAMBers. Later.

11. SteadyT

SteadyT

Hey man! Good score; there is one just like that a quarter mile from me with blackberries growing through it that I could probably get for free...

What's the plan for an engine/tranny?

12. EXCELLENT, anyway we can help, FORD---- [F]irst-[O]n-[R]ace-[D]ay!! :D

13. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

That'd be sick man! I want to do a 350 or a 200 somethin Ford motor with a 4 or 5 speed tranny. How are you feelin?

Thanks! Ford for life!

14. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Ok, since the last time I put pictures on here, I have got a lot done. I have not been able to spend time to post pictures due to school work, outside of school activities, and of course working on the truck. Anyhow, since the last time I have updated my parents helped me put the truck into the shop. After that, I proseeded to strip the chrome off the hood and remove the hood and start sanding it. Next I removed the front clip and started checking out the motor and frame. Anyhow, here are the pictures. (And a video)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. farmer12

farmer12

Wish I had you're parents when I was your age. This is going to be one great build. Keep up the good work! There are a lot of great people here willing to help and give advise.

16. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

I hope it is goin to be a good build. I will deffinately need all the help I can get with this..

17. 6berry

6berry

glad to see another teenager on here. im 18 but ive been working on my project since i was 15 now. keep at it and dont give up!

18. Alex S. L.

Alex S. L.
    BANNED

What year is the truck?

I saw one like this recently and I was wondering what year it was.

19. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

What's your project 6berry? And Alex, the truck is a 48. But, there are a couple years of truck that look the same. I think they are 47 and 49

20. 6berry

6berry

im working on a 48 plymouth on bags

21. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Hey Michael, you're doing great! Keep it up!

22. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

6berry, do you have a build thread? Sounds sick! And thank you flattie! Have you done anything to the car you bought from my teacher?

23. 6berry

6berry

24. Alex S. L.

Alex S. L.
    BANNED

25. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

I've got more done. Pulled the motor out, bolted the shocks in, put new body mount bolts, cleaned up the frame, and got rid of excess parts that are no longer useful to the truck. (But kept them just in case.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. 6berry

6berry

good work! nice to see some progress

27. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Slow enough huh? Hah. Next I'll be doin' a new master cylinder and break lines to try and get the ol' drum breaks goin' again.

28. Don't paint it! Detail the engine, recover the seat, black out the chassis. Stripe it up and run it with a set of narrow steelies, caps & trim rings.

29. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Anyone else think an olds aircleaner would look great?!