Register now to get rid of these ads!

"HI" from west Michigan...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by visualillusions, Nov 5, 2010.

1. My name is Brad, I'm 27 and from West Michigan. Ive been watching this sight for a while but never felt i could join untill now! I recently purchased a 1951 Chevrolet Deluxe with 49,000 original miles from an old lady for $500! I have lots of plans for my new toy and your probly going to be sick of me by the time she is done... I'm gunna ask alot of questions ;) Like, "where is the blinker switch for these old cars?".... seriously, i dont know, lol. So please help me learn and bestow all your knowledge upon me. THANKS!!!

2. Doctor Injector

Doctor Injector

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Sacramento Ca.

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome from Oakland California.

4. big bad john

big bad john

.......Brad........Welcome to the H.A.M.B.........Nice buy on that 51 Chevy... lots of nice people here to help and get advice from.......enjoy the ride......Big Bad John

5. Brad,
    Welcome from Howell.

6. Welcome from Ontario, Brad, good luck with your chev.

7. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoy from No. Conn., you can add a turn signal switch, Speedway has them, about $20, good luck.

8. Welcome from Connecticut

9. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Welcome from Rowlett, TX

10. Lukydevl

Lukydevl
    from Arizona

welcome from wayOUT weST Az............

11. welcome from Chesaning

12. It's hangin on the left side of your body! It's the way it was done back in the day. B.t.w., they weren't called blinkers back then, they were called hand signals...
    Welcome from Arkansas.

13. don's48

don's48

there are no dumb questions. that's how you learn. glad to see a young man getting into hotrods. don't tell my wife we had contact. we're big ohio state fans. see you the last game of the year

14. LOL! Thanks! :D

15. HuffDaddy

HuffDaddy

Welcome from the Detroit area. Show us some pictures.

16. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

17. Never2low

Never2low

Hello, From Muskegon!
    So I'll be seeing this on the streets come May right? Burn Center Show at Fifth Third?
    Pics would help. Is it drivable or barn fresh? Plans or a vision?

Be sure to check the Community link at the top of the page. Click on social groups, then list groups. Search for "GMB's".
    Nothin but Mighiganders. (and one outlaw from Ohio:p)

Set yourself to sponge mode, tons of great info on here.

18. May is a bit sooner than i planned, hopefully around middle of summer or so. Just going to do all my research this winter and gather all the parts till its warm enough to work in the old barn (love michigan weather:rolleyes:) I already have the 55 desoto grille but thats as far as i've made it, lol. Plan on full air with Gambino's tail dragger kit, SBC w hopefully a T5 behind that, wide white on the factory rims and just shave a french some things to clean it up. Wish me luck! :) here is a few pics of her

Attached Files:

19. Never2low

Never2low

Kustombuilder is the expert around these parts when it comes to
    air set-ups. He's north of Hastings somewhere. He's got crafter kits for really cheap. And he's a wealth of knowledge. Looks great, long way to go. Good luck!:cool: