Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new 33 ford project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D ROD, Jul 22, 2010.

1. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

corn boy, good thing I'm not planning on racing '' huh '' ??? didn't the SCTA frown on coupes period until late in the game ??? OH WELL !!!!

slammedlead SICK CAR, I love it !!!!!

Hey George, Cant please em all I guess, there is a lot of good feedback on this thread though.

2. the-rodster

the-rodster

What a bunch of pansies!

Chop that fucker.

Here's my favorite model 40....

[​IMG]

Carlos Everhard likes this.
  3. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. 50dodgeboy

50dodgeboy
    from California

Love the chop man, keep up the great work!!!

5. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Great looking chop. I wanna see more progress! :)

It's his car, he makes the rules.

Dude, you should have started this thread after the lid was chopped, and told everyone it was found this way as a "barn find". People would be oooing and aaaahing and telling you not to un-do the chop. LOL. ;)

6. hasty

hasty

7. 34Chrysler

34Chrysler

WOW,Awesome car!! I wish it was mine! Rudy is da man!

Ok, I think I am fresh out of one liners

8. Sweet ride.One of my favorite body styles.

9. Ditto!

10. I never said once that I didn't like the car, or that there should be rules or whatever. Anybody who doesn't like the look of radically chopped early tin should get their head checked.

And whether you or D-rod likes it, this thread has been nothing but an opinion thread right from the start...aside from D-rod posting updates.

I'd rather have somebody say something about my car and explain themselves...positive or negative or....what my post was....something in between.......instead of having the majority of guys on here post pages and pages of....."nice car" "that's awesome" or "subscribed"

Obviously D-rod is in a different league than most of us. I have no idea who he is or how many cars he already has, or has built or whatever......but if you got the cash and the desire, do whatever the fuck you want. Cash is King and you make the rules when you got it.

I'm just being part of the conversation and backing up my opinion. People are saying they wouldn't chop up early tin...I'm saying I would...could care less about the fact that it's a good original car. Then I'm saying, the amount that "I" would chop it by, would depend on what I was going to use the car for.

I was at a guys house the other day, to shoot the shit and talk cars. He has a nice model a coupe with a mild chop, real subtle car. He tells me he's going to sell the car...I say why? It's so nice, and what'll you do after it's gone. He said....I can't drive the fucking thing...kills my knees, kills my back....etc. Not only that, I don't think he's ever gonna get the money back that he has into it.

It just opened my eyes to the reality aspect of enjoying small ass cars....and it gave me a sick feeling in my stomach to think that my project might end up with the same fate. I don't have alot of cash to throw down.....I save up alot, then work on er for a few months, then save some more and so on.

My life is based around my hotrod, and I would be devasted if I couldn't genuinely enjoy it and be forced to sell it or just stare at it more than I could drive it.

I've talked to alot of the best builders in the business along the way, and they all say the same thing. If this is your only hotrod, and you wanna drive it alot and enjoy it...keep that in mind when you do anything.

So I decided....extreme is what I love to look at, and wish I could have as a second car someday, or a race car or show car. But subtle is what makes sense for an average joe like me.

All that being said, there's no sweat off my sack as a result of anything guys decide to do on here. But maybe some other regular joe looks at my comments and says...yeah....maybe he's right...I'm not gonna chop my model A sedan 7 inches and channnel it too....because it's gonna be a cunt to drive....and I just spent my $3500 savings on it.

And for the record....if I could afford it, I would have a full fendered 32 3W with a 3" chop FIRST, and a fenderless 34 that looked exactly like D-rod's....with one seat, a roll cage, harness and a blown nailhead as my second.

-Steve

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  11. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

What a buzzkill !

12. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

13. Sorry for the rant, I'm over it now. Let's not let my first opinion, and my long winded backup become the focus of this thread.

Bottom line is, it's gonna be a really nice car when it's finished. It's in the hands of a true craftsman and DRod has a vision that he's gonna see through.

If anybody else feels they have to say something contrary to D-Rod's plans or motivations, just PM him....instead of bogging this thread down any further. Or start a thread about your general concerns or opinions on the subject.

And if you feel you have to say something to me about my input, please PM me.

-Steve

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Wicked!!!!!!

Ford Barn is that-a-way!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

15. dave s

dave s

looks great! i cant wait to see this one on its wheels...

16. plan9

plan9

hey D ROD ... how far back did you lay the A pillars? ...you have a nicely equipped shop too, seems like you have chopped these coupes before! ;D

17. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Hey D Rod, post some of those update pics that you've got ! The suspense is killing me !

18. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Here you Go , these are the latest !!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

ls1yj and rileyrecords25 like this.
  19. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

Rudy Rodriguez is king of the world.

20. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Amen. Sinister.

Love this thread, the build part, that is.

21. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Wow looks like its well on its way to tearing up the flats trying to break records.

22. mike hamel

mike hamel

Wow that chop looks great! I commend you for chopping the top so hard... people called me crazy for chopping so much out of my stock 3 window but I love it! I love your 5 window. Its harder then our best friend 34 just a few pictures up from this post.

Attached Files:

• 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      498.5 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      485.1 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      494.6 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      491 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      500.8 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      494.5 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      496.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  23. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Chopped or un-chopped, still a cool hot rod....just dont paint to look like an Easter Egg... ;)

24. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Mike, that 3w is awsome. You and D rod might be half brothers !

25. hasty

hasty

Looks excellent - keep the pictures coming

26. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Id like to have the old HAMB back.

We can do without the streetrodders.

Cant wait to see the progress.

-Jason

27. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Hey Mike, The word is not crazy, its more like creative. That chop is ''BITCHIN'' Plain & Simple. Thanks for sharing.

28. Mickm

Mickm

Man, that chop is awesome! What character it gives your car.
    Great looking work...Awesome design!

cheers!
    Mickm

29. Spooky

Spooky

WOW!
    That looks amazing.

30. hasty

hasty

Any progress?