Register now to get rid of these ads!

Metalflake question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirttoo, Oct 31, 2010.

1. dirttoo

dirttoo

I am wanting to paint a small project (golf car) with heavy metalflake. I want a medium blue base but with lots of flake. I have a bottle of silver flake but will you see the blue thru it or will I need a blue flake? Where is a good place to buy metalflake? Thanks

2. I believe the candy(translucent) color goes on top of the flake.

3. tuki

tuki

blue flake would work better..u would still see the blue base with the silver flake but it will look more silver than blue.ROTH flake makes flakes in all colors.its cheap too

4. tuki

tuki

this is another approach too.but would cost more and involve another step.if u just want a blue looking sparkle get blue flake over a blue base

5. satin&flake

satin&flake

heres black base with green flake buddie in chicago did it for my son's bike
    the 2nd pic is pink base with purple/blue flake

from what he told me spray the base mix some flake in some clear spray that then wetsand a little bit and add more clear to cover the flake that stands up then cut and buff that what he told me am going to try it soon on my roof of my 52 :eek::confused: hope it works for me on my 1st try dont want to waste 100 buck in clear :eek:
    hope this help :D

Attached Files: