Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all Canadians

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by canadianzed, Jan 30, 2008.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hello from beautiful down-town Whalley, grunge capital of Canada. It IS changing, I actually saw a guy running last night, and he didnt even have any cops chasing him!

2. Hello from Stoney Creek (how did I miss this thread until now?) just outside the Hammer where Studebakers used to be built, and steel used to be made . . .

3. VoodooChile

VoodooChile

From Rochester, NY, but since I played hockey for 15 years as a kid, I pretty much had dual citizenship.

And yes....I was called a "wetback" from crossing the border to play your game.

I do miss poutine and puck bunnies though....

4. VoodooChile

VoodooChile

Just remembered a good Canadian joke:

Q:"What two things is Canada known for?"

A:"Whores and hockey players".

Q: "So what team did your mom play for?"

5. greaserzombie

greaserzombie

Been here for a while, but missed this somehow. Years ago I had a 56 Ford Meteor Rideau(?) It was missing damn near everything, because it had been set up as a drag car sometime in it's life, with a sbc and a 1 piece f/g front end. Kind of a neat car, but traded it away a long time ago. I'm back in South Surrey now, can't call it White Rock anymore...

6. poncho39

poncho39

Langdon, Alberta here with a 39 pontiac canadian built.

7. L79_Acadian

L79_Acadian
    from canada

Hello from Bowmanville,just east of the Shwa (how did I miss this thread until now?).
    And yes I have a Canadian only car too.
    Roger

8. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

9. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Im sure the state of Florida can provide you with info contradicting your comment regarding Canadian contribution to your economy. Your comment makes it sound like you own a restaurant, one that obviously provides subpar service or food...or both.
    Im curious, when was the last time you didn't buy something because the asking price was more then you felt it was worth? Or didnt leave a tip at a restaurant because the service didnt meet your expectations.
    If you'll pull your head out of your ass an take a look in the mirrior you'll see we're surrounded by cheap "people". Stop being a hypocrite, hater.

10. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

He's probably just a bit jealous these days, 65deluxe.......Maybe our cheapness is paying off,,,,The US economy is in the toilet right not, ours is not.........

11. Sorry but we Canadians don't speak GOOF!

12. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Some do....I think I have worked with some of them......lol

13. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Hey Poncho62, my dad is from Chesley, and I have spent a lot of time in Hanover over the years!

14. bill3337

bill3337

Victoria, B.C., here :), currently building a '37 Ford Slantback, also have finished '33 Ford 5 window a' ' 67 Camaro RS/SS that I bought new when I was 19.

15. Canucks are everywhere!!

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Its ok, as it stands right now, I think Canadians own most of Florida, and about 1/2 of Arizona right now. And as the next wave of foreclosures roll in, we will probably own all of it.

17. dagoat_1

dagoat_1

From Port Severn, ON here.
    Nice to see so many Canadians on the forum.

18. El Gordo

El Gordo

The center of my Acadian's grill
    [​IMG]

19. I'm from Langley,B.C.
    should I make comments about Florida or wait a while?:D

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Seems to be quite a few of us from the 'burbs around Vancouver. Surrey, Langley, White Rock, Maple Ridge...

21. budd

budd

drunkin Duncan, born and raised in NS, then i decided i didnt like being cold.

22. good choice budd:)

23. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

St George Ontario. formerly North Delta B.C.

24. Cobble Hill , B.C. is where I lay my head but born and raised in Victoria till 1980. Rob.

25. Are wide white snow tires traditional? I gotta know.......

26. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Downtown Cobble Hill?
    I just moved to Dougan Dr. and am in the process of lifting the house 4' to make the 25x60 garage a bit taller.
    Drop by.
    DJ

27. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Did you get over to the Ancaster swap meet today?

28. Eagle beak , Ya beautiful downtown Cobble Hill with a beautiful view of Vic Truss . Red and cream house with the oval window you can see behind the truss plant.
    Yours is the one behind the trailer park just about to the school right? Rob.

29. It was a busy day at Ancaster today....cool weather but lots of vendors. Plus some very nice rides in the parking lot.

30. cannuk

cannuk

Peterborough Ont 40 ford sreetrod, 41 ford 1/2 ton rat Wanted Merc truck dog dish caps