Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of a built straight 6 in? what ya got

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PacaRacer50, Oct 8, 2010.

1. PacaRacer50

PacaRacer50

Guys, back in the 60's guys were putting big inch 6's into everything for drag racing. There were several Hudson 308 Hornet powered cars floating around which were my favs. Had some neighbors with a hot 66 Nova with a 69 Pontiac Sprint 4bbl 4-speed in it, one with a 63 Falcon sprint with a 300 ford 6 with two holley 465 4bbls and a 4-speed.
    how about some cool pictures of the 6 Cylinder drag racers from then and now. I'll add in pics of my 50 Hudson Pacemaker with the McCulloch supercharged 308 Hornet engine and the 64 Stude with a Twin Corvair draw thru turbocharged 328 cubic inch 54 Hudson 308 Hornet 7X and a 4- speed dual range Hydramatic...
    Please post some of your coolest 6 cylinder rides!
    Ralph
    ala: PaceRacer50

Attached Files:

2. Kinky6

Kinky6

Dude, you got some seriously oddball shit, there! Way cool stuff! :cool:

I don't want to bug ya, but there are at least two or three really good threads on the HAMB about hopped up inlines; one covers several years worth of postings.

Like they say, the search function is your friend. :)

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

3. PacaRacer50

PacaRacer50

actually use to follow one of those about a year ago on my ole computer before it nuked itself. can't seam to find that one now. thought a new one with some serious odd ball engines was in order!
    yea I have never followed the path of normallity with anything in my life... that's why its so damn much fun to be me...
    thanks,
    Ralph
    aka: PaceRacer50

4. CrkInsp

CrkInsp
    from B.A. OK

A couple of pic's of the handy work of the "Senile Ole Men"

Attached Files:

5. Beebeebobby

Beebeebobby
    from Webb City

IF, that is "senile"....I like it!!:D

6. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

7. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Since you're in Indy, did you have any help from Steve at Uncommon Engineering?

8. PacaRacer50

PacaRacer50

Nope I did it all myself in my garage... shadetree guy from way back.
    PaceRacer50

9. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

Happy to help... I love this stuff!!! I want to see more threads on inline race cars!!! Those are some BAD ASS cars you got PacaRacer50!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

Here are some VIDEO's

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  11. BHT8BALL

BHT8BALL

Here's my 322" Wayne GMC it ran 10.3@129 at the last drags at Santa Maria before they shut it down. The chassis was to narrow to install a starter so this was the last time for the car too.

Attached Files:

12. Six Gun, That is one very cool race car sounds like a mad bee on the attack. Are you running a top loader 4 speed behind that healthy 6? Good to see there are others out there that think outside the box , and develop race cars that are not the traditional V-8 variety . I slowed the video down to see your time , is 11.36 seconds what I saw.. wow!? Rob.

13. SIX GUN

SIX GUN

woody 29 dodge:
    THANKS !!! I run a JERICO 4 speed in it.. In the one video it ran 11.36 and in the other it ran 11.24 and by the end of the night it ran 11.16 not to bad for a 272ci....

BHT8BALL:
    that dragster is FN cool!!!

14. BHT8BALL

BHT8BALL

Glad you enjoyed them, here's 4 more. The person sitting in the car is Fred Dannenfelzer noted Bonneville builder driver, he built the car originally when in his 20's. It was one of the 1st to have 2 Hemi's in it, blown gas. With that wheelbase it must have been exciting. The GMC engine was referred to at the drags as being just a Chevy truck engine, it took awhile to tune but sure was fun. Pat

Attached Files:

15. Never2low

Never2low

My dad descibed the sound of a hopped-up inline like I will never forget.
    He raced a nailhead powered '41 Willys, in the early 60's. The first time he encountered a really built inline, it was in an Anglia. As it pulled into the staging lane, he looked down at his shoes and said to his buddy;

"We're in trouble........I think he's got a jar full of pissed off bumble bees in there!"

It makes me smile everytime I think of it.:D

16. PacaRacer50

PacaRacer50

thanks for the pictures guys! In case you never heard but the Ford 240-300 six design actually came out of Hudson. Its a refined version of the OHV six that Hudson was planning on going with before the merger with Nash.
    The Hudson engineer that worked on the project went to work for Ford and offered up his knowledge of the Hudson OHV six when Ford was wanting to replace the 223 in the big cars & trucks. He even had one of the only Hudson 300 cid OHV sixes when he left to go to Ford.
    Always wanted to do a 61-63 Falcon with a 300 Ford six in it for drag racing. Kinda stuck in Hudson country for now...
    PaceRacer50

17. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Had a built AMC in the Peter Beater.

18. Steve Ambrose out of Mich. runs a straight six with the head made from two V8 heads cut to 3 cylinders each then welded together to make a flow through head.
    Here is the roadster he built and I will look around for a better picture of the engine.

Attached Files:

19. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Right here.....

Attached Files:

21. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Search for Frenchtownflyer right here on the HAMB. Not only is Greg super nice, he's SUPER knowledgeable as well. Greg runs a 300 six in a couple cars - including a 9 second altered. He's worth doing a search on.

22. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

here was my ol 230 mopar. Blew up on the way to vantage. Still made it there and back on 5 spun rod bearings.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2GvypCT64ww?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2GvypCT64ww?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>