Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fed Ex lost my 32 Hood

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bradroe, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Larry T

Larry T

If you cancelled your check to Rootlieb, where would you get your next hood? I'd bet not from them.
    Larry T

2. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Hell at least it was'nt an original hood.

3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I'm a daily shipper and I always get the phone number at the delivery address and make sure it is on the label. It has saved me several times when the UPS guy just leaves the shipment at where he thinks the address might be.

4. carbking

carbking

Post Office (at least in mid-Missouri) requires receiver, not shipper, to file the claim.

Jon.

5. gas pumper

gas pumper

I got to partially agree with hotroddon on the ownership passing to the buyer when the item leaves the dock. It is this way for common carrier shipments. You own it when it leaves the seller.

This might be different for Fed-ex and UPS and USPS. I don't know for sure. Are they "common carriers"? do they have ICC numbers? or has that gone the way of the dinosaurs?

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Wow..sorry Hotroddon
    ..i guess alot of places dont want their customers pissed off so they go that extra mile.
    I only had to stop payment once on something i never got, and it was a non issue..smooth. So I wonder why they just didnt bend me over for it?

I guess what you have said to be true..If they state their shipments are FOB or thier prices are FOB..but i havent seen too many places i deal with where their pricing shows that.
    so it should be something that was stated to be sold FOB?

I will never claim to know how it all goes..and thanks for showing me their rules.
    kinda makes things a bit risky at times i guess.

7. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

I did some work for fedx in a few of there warehouse's good luck. I feel sorry for glass thats shipped by them.

8. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

I cant stand the fedEx tracking system. I bough a dash the tracking said it was in pensylvania waiting to be shipped out after it had been delivered in washington. The day after i got it the status was still " checked in and waiting departure" or how ever they say it. I just bought a original 32 axle of the classifieds and its taken the pos office over 20 days and its still not here so its ups for me from now on.

9. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

FED EX SUCKS ! ! I've had several shipping screw ups with them. U.P.S. and U.S.P.S. have never let me down.

10. 32ford07

32ford07

i ordered a 32 louvered hood from rootleib also told i would have it in three weeks, same situation lost it and i recieved it 2 and a half months later! good luck

11. mayerst

mayerst

Same here. FEDEX blows.

12. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Bradroe, I feel your pain. Hope your part turns up. I shipped the part shown US Post Office flate rate to a HAMBER 2 weeks ago and the box arrived all torn up and empty. I filed a $200 insurance claim 5 days ago. Not resolved yet, but I'd rather have the part.

Attached Files:

13. Gus68

Gus68
    from Minnesota

This oughta make you feel great.... My Mother runs the post office in a small town with alot of farms in the comunity. She says that many times a fed ex driver will stop in with a FED EX package and MAIL it to the person it goes to!!!!! Seems that it is cheaper and quicker for the driver to do that then to drive another 15 20 or 30 miles out in the country just for one customer!!!! My question is... What if it get lost in the MAIL!!! How do they track that!!! What if the shipper or fed ex says it will be there in 2 days!!!

14. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

WTF? Are Fed Ex drivers paid on some kind of commision or something? :eek:

15. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Yep. Too late for OP, paid with a check I presume, said "stopped payment".

The key is to pay with a credit card. I pay for everything with a credit card. Even had meal deducted from my bill at a restuaraunt because they added a tip that I didn't approve.

16. F&J

F&J

I was told by a shop that does work on the trucks... he said some drivers actually own the truck even though it has the company name.

So, who knows why that is, and what else is going on.

17. xix32

xix32

fed ex doesn't need a signature when they drop off a shipment. i've found their deliveries to me on a porch of an unoccupied house on my property during the winter time, with no previous foot prints in the snow leading up to that house. amazing the driver could think somebody could be there.

18. flatoutflyin

flatoutflyin

Good luck. I have used Fed Ex with no problems, but last Christmas I received two packages from Kohls, left on my porch on two successive days. I took them to Kohls on my way to work next day, but the manager told me it was MY problem, not his. I took them to an agent, but they said it was up to me to reschedule a pickup. I tried to find the addressee's phone number, but no luck. That night, I opened the packages-they were decent men's shoes. I donated them to St. Vincent de Paul. So much for the tracking number.

19. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

They lost my OT Bronco tailgate. Two weeks later the driver shows up with a shipping label taped to a backing box. He wanted me to sign for it. I asked him if it looked like a tailgate for a truck. Said he had no idea. I grabbed the label and read the bottom and it says 90 pounds. I asked him if he thought it weighed 90 pounds and he said no. He asked again if I would sign for it. I went in the house and closed the door.

20. ems customer service

ems customer service

1) ems automotive will always replace any part not recieved by the customer and we will replace any damaged parts. we do it as our responsability to good customer service.

if packages are properly packed and the address label attached so it wont fall off the number of boxes lost by ups or fed ex is quite small out of thousands of boxes we ship we lose 2-3 per year. yes sometimes they get misrouted and ride around for awhile but they usally show up.

it cheaper for us to do the job correctly be responable and get the customer there stuff aand if we have a problem we flex our economic muscle with the frieght companies. it is easier for us to do it than the retail customer.

rootlieb should stop being a wiennie and get you a new hood, as far being 8 weeks behind all the time that would be another thread on mangment of the busines.

21. ems customer service

ems customer service

maybe it was meant for st vincent de paul santa claus needed some help

22. As they say " Your results may vary" It depends where you live and who they hire. Here in North Jersey I wouldn't use UPS to move a safe across the street. Too much gets damaged and stolen. They cut boxes open, take stuff and retape the box. As for claims, you rarely win as they say "We have a conveyer system 4 stories tall so your package must be able to withstand a 4 story fall." WTF? :eek: Someone know how to pack something for a 4 story drop???:confused:

23. Larry T

Larry T

So ya'll ship replacements for parts that are 2 days behind delivery schedule?
    Larry T

24. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Just to inform you, the entire center of the nation has had tornado and high wind gust situations, O'Hare was not letting planes in on Tuesday due to 70 mph gusts. This kind of storm can cause serious delays, keep in mind that even it it were shipped ground that Fed Ex uses a lot of tandem and triple trailer set ups, these often get delayed in high wind situations. I live directly in the flight path of O'Hare, Tuesday was very quiet, as was Wednesday, it's noisy again today so hang in there. I shipped some stuff a day before 911, it took 3 weeks to get it, it was perishable, live fish, the insurance was void, not covered due to the circumstances of the day that caused the delay. Be patient, a one day down can cause a 3 day back up.

25. MilesM

MilesM

Form the legal side

FOB factory = You own it when it leaves the factory.

FOB destination = You own it when it arrives. This usually costs extra.

I know FOB as Freight On Borard not Free On Board.

The terms of sale would dictate which FOB is in effect.

26. Nope...you'd buy it from one of their vendors. Their vendors sell Rootlieb a lot cheaper than Rootlieb sells to the public anyway. I know from experience.
    Called Roodlieb for a pair of 33 hood tops...$525 or thereabouts..it was over 500 bucks.
    Got my genuine Rootlieb tops from Yogi's for a little over 300 bucks.
    Rootlieb, like many manufacturers won't undercut or even meet their vendors prices because it wouldn't be avantageous to them...they'd loose their vendors business! Think about it.
    Now, if you are a vendor of Rootlieb, you prolly got the "good" price...otherwise you'll pay retail.
    Hope your stuff shows up.

27. Most of the non-metro/rural routes here in Montana are bid and award contracts. The drivers buy there own trucks, maintenance, fuel, etc.. they have certain regulations they have to follow (type of truck), delivery schedule, but essentially they are all independent contractors.

28. bradroe

bradroe

Good news!!!!!!!! Fedex found my hood laying in Stockton Cal. so its back on schedule for delivery next week.

29. TMunster

TMunster
    from Las Vegas

congrats, im sure that was a stress reliever!

30. Let them eat crow!!