Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stockton Wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, May 14, 2007.

1. classicpierce

classicpierce

I had several jobs done by Stockton Wheel for the Pierce Arrows and everything turned out great. Not too many places in the US that can work on pre-33 Pierce Arrow wheels. Great job.

I the few negative comments below but look like somebody is trying to steer away business. They should be eliminated for better quality on this forum.

2. 5window

5window

CP: Sorry, one post, no intro and you are trying to overlook a post that's several years in the making and nearly all negative? You might be the real deal, but I don't think you've established the credibility to establish your claim.I think the quality of this forum is just fine, thank you.

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Weak attempt. As 5window said this forum is just fine.

4. classic pierce arrow?? cool since you havent done a intro how about some pics of the car and a INTRO..cause at this point I will believe what I know and what others on here with merit have said....so what size chevy you got in that thing anyway???? :)

5. Yes, stay away from these guys. I actually gave them a second chance after they screwed up the first time, never again. Early Wheel in So Cal is great.

6. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

I tried to work with Stockton Wheel and both times bailed out, only to go with Pete Paulson in French Camp, CA.
    I found the customer service down right non-existant and their follow through sucked!.....
    and I lived in Stockton at the time and did everything in person..................I would never go back.
    On the other hand Pete took care of me and even though they made a mistake on the negative offset.............................they made it right and actually gave me a discount for the trouble they caused.........................IMHO

7. krooser

krooser

We'll get right on that...

8. Slingsh0t

Slingsh0t
    from SoCal

I spent over $500 for three wheels and got little more that two good wheels and a friggin' headache; three wheels 'cause I wanted two for a trailer and one for the trailer's spare. The $549 figure was to include three 16 X 7 steelies in raw steel, three ribbed beauty rings and three baby moon caps. They offered to throw in the valvestems for free.

I was told they'd be built in 4 weeks; I had an event I wanted to get to in six week's time... I thought a month was a bit long, but, still two weeks' ahead of when I needed them, so, I pulled the trigger.

Six weeks went by and no word, no wheels. I send an email.

The reply: "Your wheels are being built. They should be ready next week (now week #7... ) "We'll let you know before they ship."

A week after that I get an email, "Your wheels are ready, but they've been built in chrome."

I didn't want chrome. You gotta be kidding me. They say they'll "media" blast them and send them raw... right. This is turning into a joke...

To make a long, sad, stupid story short, the upshot is that I got two wheels delivered in black primer, with chrome showing through the bead where it had been rubbing on the cardboard packaging...

I rec'd three baby moons made in China; one didn't fit well at all and is on the side of road somewhere in Ventura Co.

The ribbed beauty rings are nice. They're stainless...

I got the third wheel and this is what it looked like:

[​IMG]

I call them on the phone asking for some sort of partial reimbursement... the wheels were:

1. One month late

2. Chromed... when they were ordered in raw...

3. The wheel pic'd is gouged almost irreparably with grind marks.

The nice man on the other end of the line says, "You got a substantial discount on the wheels... we offered you free trim rings when your order was late..."

What?

"So, the best we can do is offer you a 10% discount on your next order."

I said, "Goodbye." and hung up.
    So, yeah, buy your steel wheels from some other place.

I wish I had seen this thread before I wanted to place an order... or at least checked to see who else made custom steel wheels.

I'd recommend against using Stockton Wheel.

9. "classicpierce", are you listening?

10. ScottV

ScottV

Luckily my experience with them didn't cost me any money. I was working with an O/T car (1981 Dodge St. Regis E-58 Police Car) that I had totally rebuild the suspension with all Poly bushings, KYB gas shocks and Hemi torsion bars and new springs. I wanted to upgrade the cop car wheels to 16"x8". When I told the guy (whom was suposedly the "owner") on the phone what I was doing he replied "Why in the f**k would you want to that to a Piece of S**t like that ???" I thought Wow great way to build business by offending your customers. Needless to say I did not do business with them.

ScottV

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  11. Way more bad stories than good. I will stay away from them. Thank you all for the input. I was going to have a pair of wheels done by them because they are close, not now.

12. Muttley

Muttley

How do those clowns stay in business?

13. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

Me: do you have 15x7 smoothies small chevy lug pattern?
    Stockton wheel: In stock ready to ship
    Me: do you know your domain website is for sale?
    Stockton wheel: Yes, it is...in stock ready to ship. Interested?

14. I Drag

I Drag

I got some chrome reverse wheels from Stockton this spring because I couldn't find custom backspacing anywhere else.

I am totally happy with the wheels and the price was reasonable.

However, they didn't finish them until I called after 14 weeks asking for a refund.

But I have them now and they are perfect.

15. ScottV

ScottV

[​IMG]

16. All that I can say is "Wow!" When my partner and I ran our business, and later when I managed Mopar City, it was SO much easier to just be honest with the customers and to tell them "Man, I'm busy as hell and I'll try my best to get your order pulled / packed / shipped by first part of next week and you should have it shortly after that." And voila! No more angry phone calls and having to remember which lie that you told to which customer. Yeah, we had a few jerks that thought because THEY owned a "rare" car that somehow they should go to the front of the line, but 90% of the people that we sold parts to were really cool about it and understood that we were extremely busy with going to shows all weekend, and pulling & packing parts off of the 1000 cars out back all day every day... Honesty is NOT rocket science folks!!!

That being said, I absolutely WILL NOT order the wheels for my 49 from Stockton, or even waste the phone call to hear their story!!! It's been told well enough on the HAMB! I am really sorry to hear all of the negative stories about them, but if it saves me and a few hundred other people from suffering at their hands...

I'll let you know how Rons Rims, Newstalgia, Early Wheel Co., Wheel Kid, and/or the Wheelsmith turn out!!! If anyone wants to PM me with a tip for getting some shallow backspacing but 10"-12" wide plain Mopar (5 on 4-1/2" pattern) steel wheels done quickly and efficiently, I'd really appreciate it!

17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Stockton has an ad in the Nov. issue of SRM introducing their new alloy wheels, and they have updated their web site.
    But if I did need some wheels they're not who I'd call!
    Dave

18. 5Belair7

5Belair7

Ad me to the list. I wish I had read this thread BEFORE I ordered my wheels on 8/20/10. I was told 4-6 weeks for Chrome reverse wheels. ASfter 8 weeks...I start calling and trying to find out the order status.

No return calls when messages left....put on hold for 5-10 minutes and no one picked up (Owner) when I would call. I was told the wheels were sent out for chrome 300 miles away and they would be in any day......

After a week long run around on the phone....they had my money....I had NO wheels and absoultely NO customer service....I cancelled the order and called the Credit card company.

Buyer beware....this entire thread....years in the making makes it perfectly clear.........RUN FOREST RUN!!!

19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

I live near Stockton and will not buy from them-Pete Paulsen and others available in Calif-check wheel vendors here and online

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  20. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

i bought a pair of paulsen wheels too, mine had at least 1/2" of run-out ray charles could have got them more true

21. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

I will avoid Stockton Wheel like the Black Plague after my own VERY BAD experience several years ago. From personal experience, they will LIE to get your money and then LIE AGAIN to keep your money. It's a shame too, because they had the potential to be an absolute GIANT in the wheel business. I would rather put K-Mart Modular Gold Nugget wheels on a car before I ever gave them even a dime of my business.

22. im thinking the one post, no intro back aways was one of the companies mentioned here.
    just sayin.......

23. Zerk

Zerk

Then I guess I'm just sayin it too. This is the second attempt to use a "stalking horse" to slant this thread pro-company.

You can only water the booze so much before somebody notices. Efforts to dilute the actual comments with phony fairytales of great work and wonderful customer service...how ridiculous is that?

This thread is worth reading from post number 1 up to the latest, if you are considering opening your own business and want to know exactly what NOT to do.

24. swanwaco32

swanwaco32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a real bad trip with them!!!! Use Ralley. John

25. inlinr6

inlinr6

I've called them several times,must only be one guy working,cause I got put on indefinate hold or was asked to call back cause he was too busy,last time I told him off.he'll put himself out of buisness.

26. Barnfind 56

Barnfind 56

Consensus is THEY SUCK! I had really really bad luck with them lying to me constantly saying my wheels were done and shipped, after about 1 month of them telling me this I finally got an honest answer from someone there and he told me they were not even made yet. Once they showed up they were nice but I would never do business with them again.

27. Griznant

Griznant

Glad this post came back up. I almost went to them to have some steelies widened for an OT autocross car. Dodged that bullet!

28. Alex D.

Alex D.
    from Hydes, MD.

This is a great reason for joining the H.A.M.B.

I need wheels for my project and Stockton Wheel will not be a consideration.

Thank You H.A.M.B.

29. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Agreed.

30. Never used the company, but it amazes me that they can even stay in business treating people like that!! Thanks to this thread, I'll make sure I save myself the headache!