Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HOT OFF THE PRESS! New Photos of 2010 Billet Proof Florida Drags - Lakeland!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31chevymike, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Dallas

Dallas
    from Tampa Fla

Great pic Mike! Many thanks!

2. sololobo

sololobo

Nothing like hot rods and customs on the strip. Very cool pix, the 235 run off, and the coupes so close at the finish are super shots. I really dig the 54 Ford panel gasser. A 10.9 pass in that sweet blue Ford tu-door is smokin. Everyone seems to be totally stoked with the event, nice work Poor Boy's, Billet Proofer's, and all track folks. Thanx for sharing the fun run with us. ~Sololobo~

3. And let us not forget the fifteen minutes of the fart machine.

4. That was a machine? I thought it was me...

Last year it did a 9.9, I need a valve job and some better tires.

5. junkfordgy

junkfordgy
    from florida

I thought last year was great this year was even better only hope next year is over the top as well. Gassers Alterds Dragsters Funny Cars lead sleds Rat Rods Customs Bikes. All with in 15 miles of my home sometimes life just works out for me. Great job to all that put this on.

6. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Ha Ha I thought you and Skip had gorged yourselves on Burritos the night before..... lol

7. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Yeah, that was funny for about a minute....:)

8. great pictures! I ended up staying in Daytona Beach way too late on Saturday night and got back around 4am to Ocala and then slept in and missed the drags I was pretty bummed but I had a killer time at the show in Ocala and got a lot of good footage for the DVD

9. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Thanks! I was wondering why I never spotted you filming at the Drags - we're all bummed as well! The extra footage at the Drags would have secured a much bigger hit with the coverage you already got. And I'm sure what we're all waiting for in the very near future... When do you expect a physical copy for us to enjoy? As many of us already know, we east coasters usually don't receive the credit we deserve!

10. yeah that's one thing I thought was crazy walking around at the show there was so many amazing cars and rods that I've never seen before I was shocked that there wasn't any coverage photo or video of them anywhere that I had seen..but I hope to change that..it'll probably take me about a month or so to edit everything and make up nice fancy cases and all that good stuff so I'd say probably Christmas time it will be fully done..I had such a good time that I plan to come back in November for the Turkey Rod Run now so that'll make the DVD a little longer and more exciting I think

11. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Had a great time too bad I couldn't get my mini bike right for more than one good run. 25.6 mph with a 3 hp ain't too bad I guess. I was the super aerodynamic (ha ha) guy on the green mini. I'm already looking for ways to improve for next year - maybe I'll even have my "T" there.

12. Ramblur

Ramblur

I was hoping to see some more pics today... Guess I'll share some of mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wife says this is my favorite pose...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Ramblur

Ramblur

And some more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

John ran a best of 11.1 something in his 51 Chevy, but I don't remember the trap speed, a 54 Corvette with the 235 on three Carters and factory hop ups done by the factory ran 0-60 in 11 seconds, I'd say John did pretty damn good.

What a good time, I love my gearhead friends.

15. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Looks like a great time. Thanks for sharing the pics.

PS: Not usually negative, but I sure would have come up with a different paint scheme for that gasser style 55! Don't think I will ever get used to the "real" style flames...

16. BackMotor

BackMotor

We (Team BackMotor) had a great time at BilletProof once again !! Sorry our trans acted up, we planned to make a few more runs :rolleyes: Here is the video we shot of our car, saw other people filming it, would love to see that footage (hint, hint :D) Already looking forward to next years event !! :cool: Thanks for inviting us, BackMotor Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r57kqE3r1Jw

17. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for the sweet pix, love the 54 Ford panel gasser. Cool rides everywhere. ~Sololobo~

18. Looked like an excellent event! Wish I were closer to race it some of the FL pbs : )